Unity Far East [v0.54a] [Beetle Roid]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
74mb
o_O
either this game is just a couple of png images sliding around or that's some godly compression.
its not a VN. its a full 3d game. so pngs used here are less than 5kb each.
game is still in early stages but playable. try it out and give me suggestions.

i can easily bloat this to 1GB+ game just by adding some unwanted blendshapes or stuff. but i want this to be playable on mobile as well. so i did my best to reduce the size and memory footprint. but expect this getting bigger since each char model increases size by 10MB or so.

hope you enjoy this :)

Verbosed

Nov 15, 2017
I like the concept a lot, I would love more management games were you can influence or corrupt the employees! I had a few suggestions after playing a bit.

• Definitely would like some resolution options
  • A simpler, more user friendly GUI would be nice, maybe blend the products and cook screen into one bar at the bottom so you can quickly/easily see your stock and start cooking orders
  • Would be interesting to see effects or events based on the outfits e.g. increased sale prices or increased cooking speeds
  • Probably cut down on the menu items and differentiate them more, cheaper food cooks faster and sells for less etc.
  • Have the earlier items cook considerably faster, at this point its very boring to grind out orders at this pace
  • Have the save function off the bat, the cellphone upgrade could just add more features but as it stands now you're asking people to play for a considerable amount of time just to save

There's plenty of other interesting ways you could take the game and I know it's quite early, I tried to suggest things that are more basic and would just help the general flow, looking forward to future updates!

Reactions: New-01

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
I like the concept a lot, I would love more management games were you can influence or corrupt the employees! I had a few suggestions after playing a bit.

• Definitely would like some resolution options
  • A simpler, more user friendly GUI would be nice, maybe blend the products and cook screen into one bar at the bottom so you can quickly/easily see your stock and start cooking orders
  • Would be interesting to see effects or events based on the outfits e.g. increased sale prices or increased cooking speeds
  • Probably cut down on the menu items and differentiate them more, cheaper food cooks faster and sells for less etc.
  • Have the earlier items cook considerably faster, at this point its very boring to grind out orders at this pace
  • Have the save function off the bat, the cellphone upgrade could just add more features but as it stands now you're asking people to play for a considerable amount of time just to save

There's plenty of other interesting ways you could take the game and I know it's quite early, I tried to suggest things that are more basic and would just help the general flow, looking forward to future updates!
-resolution options was suggested by another too. ill move that up on my dev queue. :)
-gui will be revamped in future build. i have a rudimentary idea how it should look like but its not prioritized yet
-events! yeah. that is defiantly needed here. ill implement some events from 0.15. (working on 0.13 atm, probably will publish later today or tomorrow)
-starter recipe, garbage soup, will have cook time reduced significantly. you can expect this on 0.13.
-i have intentionally delayed the save function to hide a major bug but it became too embedded now. i will reduce the price tag for SumSum98 so anyone starting the game will be able to buy one within few min.

thanks for your inputs!

Reactions: BaasB

NickNo

Modder
Jan 19, 2020
Hey, whats your native resolution? game is set to run on 18:9 aspect.
The game over trigger was disabled since im still working on it. along with time keep system. basically, you can execute several orders before day ends.
Res is 2560x1080.

The game cannot be played anymore if you end the day with <50$ this should trigger the warning (or <150 if you got two employees.) -> You cannot cook anything if low on money.

Two more things:
- The kitchen window looks broken to me
- If you end the day you usually have to discard all prepared food that you did not sell (at least in my country) so you could add this as a difficulty level - or add a freezer to prevent that.

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Res is 2560x1080.

The game cannot be played anymore if you end the day with <50$ this should trigger the warning (or <150 if you got two employees.) -> You cannot cook anything if low on money.

Two more things:
- The kitchen window looks broken to me
- If you end the day you usually have to discard all prepared food that you did not sell (at least in my country) so you could add this as a difficulty level - or add a freezer to prevent that.
freezer is a good idea.
fixing the warning message.

meluna

Feb 9, 2020
Does anyone know what security system do?
Is it for future update and have no use for now or it does have a purpose

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Does anyone know what security system do?
Is it for future update and have no use for now or it does have a purpose
Security cam will unlock set of cameras on your smartphone. you can track a NPC with that. cameras will switch to closest.
will have future uses like hidden cams when rooms implemented.

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
0.13 is coming with bugfixes and performance improvement on low end/mobile devices.

wildcard

Aug 12, 2016
Only tried 0.11 so far and did not read the thread, but this was what i noticed:

In my native res (3440x1440), and the menus were cut off.
Could not sell anything other than soup (only tried fries and drumsticks, but even after cooking it and having it in stock, patrons would still leave with "Out of stock" message and the food would not be consumed).
Occasionally, one of the two patrons will just freeze up somewhere. Eventually, the 2nd one would as well. If cellphone had not been purchased by that time, it's game over. If cellphone was purchased, save/reload would get them moving again.

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Only tried 0.11 so far and did not read the thread, but this was what i noticed:

In my native res (3440x1440), and the menus were cut off.
Could not sell anything other than soup (only tried fries and drumsticks, but even after cooking it and having it in stock, patrons would still leave with "Out of stock" message and the food would not be consumed).
Occasionally, one of the two patrons will just freeze up somewhere. Eventually, the 2nd one would as well. If cellphone had not been purchased by that time, it's game over. If cellphone was purchased, save/reload would get them moving again.
selling issue was sorted on 0.12. resolution switching is being worked out.
i haven't experienced NPCs getting stuck. i will have to search on that a bit.
0.13 will be uploaded with more fixes and additional content soon.

wildcard

Aug 12, 2016
selling issue was sorted on 0.12. resolution switching is being worked out.
i haven't experienced NPCs getting stuck. i will have to search on that a bit.
0.13 will be uploaded with more fixes and additional content soon.
Tried 0.12 - Food sale worked fine. NPCs still getting stuck from time to time - did not notice any pattern to it.
Clothing items in store all have dish names.
Also noticed that pressing Enter at times results in camera shifting off to the corner of the map and opening up a chat dialoge (similar to talking to cook, for example).

Last edited:

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Tired 0.12 - Food sale worked fine. NPCs still getting stuck from time to time - did not notice any pattern to it.
Clothing items in store all have dish names.
Also noticed that pressing Enter at times results in camera shifting off to the corner of the map and opening up a chat dialoge (similar to talking to cook, for example).
Found the cause for npcs getting stuck. Fixing it for 0.13.

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Bugfixes on 0.13
- New map. performance improvement on low end/mobile devices.
- Game over mechanic
- Screen resolution fix (Still being tested)
- Fix for NPC getting stuck.
- Camera bug fixes.
-Starter recipe cooks fast now.

Last edited:

NickNo

Modder
Jan 19, 2020
0.13:
- Products menu still too large here
- Saving & Loading while cooking makes you loose the money and the items

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
Whoops. Sorry. 0.14 is uploaded. This is test build for screen resolution issue on ultra wide screens.
btw what content is there exactly?
i got affection and love to 50 on the chef and couldn't do anything.

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes