• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Far-Off Friends [v0.6] [FFCreations]

2.90 star(s) 33 Votes

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
And in case you're dismissing me because I've been critical, I'll reiterate: I keep posting here because the renders are excellent, and the girls are very cute. The place this game falls down is that the MC is actively unlikable and overwhelmingly weak-willed, multiple LIs are abrasive and unlikable, the player doesn't get choices on things that matter, and the choices the player does get are trivial or meaningless. All of this leaves the game in the category of "wasted potential", and I hate seeing wasted potential.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
maybe mc and erika are cousins. dunno if that's too close for patreon.
They have the same last name, which I suspect is a pretty big hint what it was originally supposed to be, and everything about the MC/Melissa interactions feels like it was supposed to be a 'secret mother' type of situation, which would make Stacy the bratty hostile sister/half-sister stereotype.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
They have the same last name, which I suspect is a pretty big hint what it was originally supposed to be, and everything about the MC/Melissa interactions feels like it was supposed to be a 'secret mother' type of situation, which would make Stacy the bratty hostile sister/half-sister stereotype.
true but that'd require moving off from patreon.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
true but that'd require moving off from patreon.
It really wouldn't. I posted the ways to patch that kind of content. Again, there are major games Patreon absolutely knows about that are heavily incest-focused that get away with it by separating that content or obfuscating it to meet the letter of Patreon's rules rather than the spirit.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
It really wouldn't. I posted the ways to patch that kind of content. Again, there are major games Patreon absolutely knows about that are heavily incest-focused that get away with it by separating that content or obfuscating it to meet the letter of Patreon's rules rather than the spirit.
maybe but that's not happening atm.

Joop501

Mar 19, 2021
I don't care what Patreon wants or not

What is Patreon?
Patreon is basically a crowdfunding site for content creators. But it describes itself as a "membership platform that makes it easy for creators to get paid."

Both online personalities and traditional designers such as musicians and writers have turned to Patreon as a quick and easy way to get their fans, or patrons, to pay. Patrons are essentially Patreon subscribers, as they send a set amount each month to their favorite creators through Patreon. Creators can also offer their patrons different levels of access for different monthly prices, again all through the Patreon platform.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
FFCreations, I totally concur with the arguments posted by Tiur. In addition, I would only add that all Ren'Py games are open source, and therefore available to ANYONE to modify as they wish. The implication of this is that YOU, as the developer, have no control over the game as soon as you release it. Therefore, if you really intended for this to be an incest game, you should code it so that such modification could more easily be made by an outsider. You must, of course, never mention incest or any patch on Patreon. But anyone here would know about it. If you don't tell us here WHO made the patch, that should absolve you of any consequence from Patreon.

I would also suggest that you open a SubscribeStar account, which would not only provide you with more income, but allow you to post the game as you want it without interference.

Joop501

Mar 19, 2021
FFCreations, I totally concur with the arguments posted by Tiur. In addition, I would only add that all Ren'Py games are open source, and therefore available to ANYONE to modify as they wish. The implication of this is that YOU, as the developer, have no control over the game as soon as you release it. Therefore, if you really intended for this to be an incest game, you should code it so that such modification could more easily be made by an outsider. You must, of course, never mention incest or any patch on Patreon. But anyone here would know about it. If you don't tell us here WHO made the patch, that should absolve you of any consequence from Patreon.

I would also suggest that you open a SubscribeStar account, which would not only provide you with more income, but allow you to post the game as you want it without interference.
Sincerely thank you for your info

Reactions: Walter Victor

Joop501

Mar 19, 2021
I have misunderstood your story, my mistake and my sincerest apologies to you.

Reactions: Tiur

FFCreations

Creator of Freeloading Family
Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
And in case you're dismissing me because I've been critical, I'll reiterate: I keep posting here because the renders are excellent, and the girls are very cute. The place this game falls down is that the MC is actively unlikable and overwhelmingly weak-willed, multiple LIs are abrasive and unlikable, the player doesn't get choices on things that matter, and the choices the player does get are trivial or meaningless. All of this leaves the game in the category of "wasted potential", and I hate seeing wasted potential.
Don't worry I'm not dismissing you. I merely went to sleep for the day. I read every comment posted here and the only ones I dismiss are those who are clearly not constructive in any way shape or form. Positive or negative, we take into account all feedback.

But back to your earlier comment. Yes, that is definitely a way to do it and it's even why we did exactly that with FF which had written in variables and an off-site patch. And as I mentioned prior, we might do the very same here. But we'll see how we move forward.

I do want to open a SubscribeStar account. I was planning on doing that when working on FF even. Sadly they don't accept PayPal, which is a deal breaker to me as I don't feel comfortable using another payout method.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I do want to open a SubscribeStar account. I was planning on doing that when working on FF even. Sadly they don't accept PayPal, which is a deal breaker to me as I don't feel comfortable using another payout method.
I suspect that SubscribeStar doesn't accept PayPal, because PayPal is selective about the adult content it will allow. I would prefer to use PayPal myself and did so for years, until they refused to pass on my payment to Patreon for an incest game. I have deleted my PayPal account and will never use them again. I have found that Discover Card doesn't seem to have qualms about how I spend my money.

But while that works for me, it might not for you. I understand that many people don't want payments to sites that allow adult content showing up on their credit-card statements.

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
I suspect that SubscribeStar doesn't accept PayPal, because PayPal is selective about the adult content it will allow. I would prefer to use PayPal myself and did so for years, until they refused to pass on my payment to Patreon for an incest game. I have deleted my PayPal account and will never use them again. I have found that Discover Card doesn't seem to have qualms about how I spend my money.

But while that works for me, it might not for you. I understand that many people don't want payments to sites that allow adult content showing up on their credit-card statements.
no adult content would show up just sub scribe star payment would. Nothing more, But I understand what you are saying.

Reactions: Walter Victor

risky0

Oct 7, 2022
I don't think it's a healthy sales policy to avoid questions, to leave game content ambiguous, that sort of thing.
This won't be an ntr game, that's all I know.
The tags listed for the game are clearly insufficient.

I don't want the game to suddenly turn into a crazy lesbian festival.
I don't want to share love interests with another woman.
These are the personal things I need to know about whether or not to continue playing this game.

Since I did not find it appropriate to write in the review section, I chose to write it here.
Honest people always win more...

FFCreations

Creator of Freeloading Family
Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
I don't think it's a healthy sales policy to avoid questions, to leave game content ambiguous, that sort of thing.
This won't be an ntr game, that's all I know.
The tags listed for the game are clearly insufficient.

I don't want the game to suddenly turn into a crazy lesbian festival.
I don't want to share love interests with another woman.
These are the personal things I need to know about whether or not to continue playing this game.

Since I did not find it appropriate to write in the review section, I chose to write it here.
Honest people always win more...
I don't have any control over the tags for this game. The moderators can add or remove any tags they see fit without my say so. As I mentioned prior, I tend to answer most questions, only ones I avoid are those who don't seem to contribute or isn't genuine. I get so many questions here, Discord, Patreon, Email and so on that I have to at least be somewhat selective. And the way you phrased yours just made it sound like you were not really asking, just hating.

If it was a genuine question then I apologize and can answer it here: All content the game will ever have has not exactly been set in stone. So it's a difficulty question to answer plainly. For instance if someone asked me if there will be a footjob scene I could probably not answer that either. Since we might include it if people want. But it's also not exactly something necessary for the story so we can just as easily not include it.

And "crazy lesbian festival" is so incredibly subjective I don't know how to properly answer that either. It's not a lesbian game if that's what you're asking. There will probably be a lesbian scene in the game. But that's in the overwhelming minority of content. As for sharing your love interest. That is something we don't have planned. As we see it as NTR and as we've already mentioned there will be no NTR.

Maybe I can better answer what you want if you ask something more specific. Because I can't answer just the broad question of "what content will be in the game" cause that can change. There's only few things that are set in stone in regards to content. And it's mostly just the "bizarre" fetishes, amongst them being NTR but also things like scat.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
no adult content would show up just sub scribe star payment would. Nothing more, But I understand what you are saying.
Wife: What are these payments to Patreon and SubscribeStar on our credit card bill?
Husband: Uh, those are sites that pay money to artists. We can claim them as charitable donations on our income tax returns.

:ROFLMAO:

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
I don't have any control over the tags for this game. The moderators can add or remove any tags they see fit without my say so. As I mentioned prior, I tend to answer most questions, only ones I avoid are those who don't seem to contribute or isn't genuine. I get so many questions here, Discord, Patreon, Email and so on that I have to at least be somewhat selective. And the way you phrased yours just made it sound like you were not really asking, just hating.

If it was a genuine question then I apologize and can answer it here: All content the game will ever have has not exactly been set in stone. So it's a difficulty question to answer plainly. For instance if someone asked me if there will be a footjob scene I could probably not answer that either. Since we might include it if people want. But it's also not exactly something necessary for the story so we can just as easily not include it.

And "crazy lesbian festival" is so incredibly subjective I don't know how to properly answer that either. It's not a lesbian game if that's what you're asking. There will probably be a lesbian scene in the game. But that's in the overwhelming minority of content. As for sharing your love interest. That is something we don't have planned. As we see it as NTR and as we've already mentioned there will be no NTR.

Maybe I can better answer what you want if you ask something more specific. Because I can't answer just the broad question of "what content will be in the game" cause that can change. There's only few things that are set in stone in regards to content. And it's mostly just the "bizarre" fetishes, amongst them being NTR but also things like scat.
so you say its likely there will be some lesbian content in the game do you plan to give the choice to people who might want to avoid that type of content?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Can’t wait for more lewd scenes with big titty lawyer, want to titty fuck and motor boat her :ROFLMAO:
you just sounded like other guy i know from other forum.

Wife: What are these payments to Patreon and SubscribeStar on our credit card bill?
Husband: Uh, those are sites that pay money to artists. We can claim them as charitable donations on our income tax returns.

:ROFLMAO:
and the she asks to see what those artists make and sees daddy daughter sex, mother son sex and bdsm etc.

2.90 star(s) 33 Votes