VN Ren'Py Far-Off Friends [v0.6] [FFCreations]

2.90 star(s) 33 Votes

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
It's not as simple as just having a choice that says "No". If it was that simple, we would include it in every single instance that we could possibly think of. The problem becomes that we now need to keep track of the fact that you said no. Meaning no references to said event can ever happen and it can't be connected to the grander narrative. In short, we create another story branch. This alone can be quite an amount of extra work. But now imagine that we have hundreds of choices where you had the option to say "Yes" or "No". We need to keep track of all of them and also make sure that nothing is contradictory in the story we present based on the choices you've made prior. It's just very hard and require tons of extra work. That's why we instead opt to give a much more linear experience so that we can focus all content and narrative cohesion into a singular path.

I do understand that some people don't like this, so I don't fault them in the slightest. I just want to explain that the issue isn't as easily solvable as it appears on the surface.
yeah - i know that mostly
thats why i said i may take a look later :) - on how it plays out
are they just sidekicks , is it harem etc

anyways - gl with your game
appreciate the fast reply

Reactions: FFCreations

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Kinetic novels with useless choices to avoid the tag are the worse. You might find it difficult to track the choices, but how are the other games doing it? If you doesn't want to bother with choices don't make any in your novel

Strong1

Aug 13, 2022
Freeloading Family was one of my favorite VNs of al time, but just not feeling this game. The updates are too far apart, and the story is pretty boring. I completely forget what the game is about and wind up just skipping through to watch the renders. At least the girls are attractive.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
While I understand your point, and not to start a big conversation about it:
As an author myself, sometimes a story goes in a direction that may not please or be what every reader wants to see or read. If it is needed for the story (even if just in the author's mind!), in my opinion, it should be added and included. Yes, you can make it so it can be 'skipped' or not viewed but still happen, yet it will still aggravate some readers. Just the way it is! Not every story can be a CYOA, but most of us do the best we can to attract and keep the widest audience we can.
Have a GREAT weekend, and enjoy whatever you wind up doing!
yeah

seen that kind at games like MyPleasure , or even worse at CK
choices that counted earlier in game are just thrown overboard and dont matter later
(i.e. rejecting/closing a possible route but be forced later to interact "sexually" or at all with them ;
worst example the europe trip at CK ...)

and thanks -have a nice weekend too ;)

Syn7

Mar 25, 2021
hmmm... was there a mod on the front page before maybe? cant remember if i used a walkthrough mod or not and i dont see any mods now
There was a walkthrough mod at some point. Dunno if it got abandoned or what. But like others have said, not a lot of choices seem to matter anyway.

2.90 star(s) 33 Votes