VN Ren'Py Far-Off Friends [v0.6] [FFCreations]

2.90 star(s) 33 Votes

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
I couldn't care less if Melissa is the mom or not (i like incest as a fetish but its not a requirement to enjoy a good story), but giving away a house you inherited to some one you don't know, didn't know that she even existed and meet 2 days ago for the first time in your live is stupid no matter what.
There are rumors floating around that the dev throw out his original story because of patreon (which is believable enough for me), so giving her the house if it was his mom would make sense, giving the house to some rando he knew nothing about is not.
Sure you can explain it away later on as much as you want but its plain weak story telling. MC has no motive to do it. Even if she was his old Nanny it would make more sense. He could have gifted the house to Erika and its as plausible as it is now.
says you... over and over and over again.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
says you... over and over and over again.
yeap and no one could give a single compelling argument why it makes sense, the only thing someone said was some kind of soul searching, finding his own chi, unbungle some chakras, and that the stars where in alignment that night.

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
yeap and no one could give a single compelling argument why it makes sense, the only thing someone said was some kind of soul searching, finding his own chi, unbungle some chakras, and that the stars where in alignment that night.
I gave a completely solid argument that made sense you're just too stubborn to admit it. I even said you were right all be it sarcastically and yet you still argue so now you're just trolling for sport so I won't debate anymore because you are so steadfast in your opinion that you think of it as fact... when in reality it is just an opinion and you are basing your "factual" opinion on a fictional story/scenario from someone else's imagination so do you pretend to know someone else's mind better than they do?... you are trying to compare fiction to reality and I'm sure we have all made that mistake. Happy fapping.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
The picture has improved a lot , The pace of the story is more intense than [Freeloading Family] . Very great job :geek:
well on ff it was friends (met thru various stages of early game) spending few weeks together while this has young man coming to town and meeting interesting ppls etc.

Blubberino

Mar 25, 2017
Mhh. I gave Freeloading Family a re-read because even tho its abandoned now I liked it back when I first played it. Still holds up in my opinion.

And after now having played this game I can't help but feel like this is a huge step down compared to FF. At least as far as the quality of the writing is concerned. So much rambling going on, 2000 words to say what people would say in 100 words in real life. All the conversations and thoughts just feel unrealistic.

Then there are the forced mysteries in every other scene, which always could be resolved instantly by the MC simply asking a single question that the other character would have no reason not to answer. Instead MC decides to make it hard for himself by going about it in elaborate ways to get the answers.

And to finish it, the obvious plotholes like just giving a stranger a house worth $850k after having met them a couple days ago.

Dunno, maybe I was just thrown by the overall tone of the game and thats why these things annoyed me so much? The description made it sound a lot more "feel good fun" than it actually is.

Will probably give it another try after a few more updates and see if my opinion changes then.

Last edited:

Steppen Wolf

Dec 21, 2019
Hi Fellas !

I ´m a little confused: Melissa is the LI for my MC by far, but even if I ´m usying the MOD, is really hard after dating her to find the option to grab her reare (I think that path is the right one to go for Melissa)

And if one time got that scene, now the saving is not working with the last update.

Somebody could give me a hand, please?

Cheers !

Last edited:

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I really dont wanna give this a chance after freeloading family
Don't worry, you aren't missing much, the story is utter dogshit that makes no sense and isn't interesting enough to get you to care about all the supposed mysteries which exist only for their own sake, since they all could have been revealed to the MC years ago instead of still being mysteries.

For example;
Some people here would have you believe that the Melissa character is like some long lost mother figure, despite her never giving two shits about the MC, ever, to the point that they never met or interacted at all.
They claim that despite this, the MC suddenly, within a couple of days of meeting for the first time ever, feels a familial bond and it then makes perfect sense to give away a very valuable property that was specifically willed to the MC and NOT to the Melissa character despite said character being listed specifically in the will and getting a large amount of wealth herself from it.

Like the rest of the plot, this line of reasoning makes no logical sense.

Edit: I thought I'd just go screen-shot an example of the hot garbage you can expect...

Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png

Why would anyone even give these directions to someone toting luggage?
Seriously, walk around 9-10 blocks in total while hauling luggage?
The answer should have been "Oh its actually quite far from here, you should probably call a taxi or ride-share."

This is just one example of writing that makes no sense, at all.

Last edited:

MrFallKnight

Aug 26, 2022
Question.

Does FFCreations still have CG renders link on their patreon page? I can’t seem to find it on their tier list. I would like to save CG renders preferably in MEGA.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
are there taxis in that town?
Well, it's set in the USA, name a single city with a prestigious university [this city has 4 if I recall the story correctly] in the USA that doesn't have a taxi service and/or ride share.

2.90 star(s) 33 Votes