• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Far-Off Friends [v0.6] [FFCreations]

2.90 star(s) 33 Votes

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
The other question is who got nearly all the inheritance from the father.
I think there were 3 persons in the will, MC, uncle and Melissa...the money was arround 70 milion iirc and the only son got only 2.5 of it.
I mean, not to sound greedy, but if that is all it sure sounds like a dick move.
IIRC in my country even the compulsory portion of a child is 25%.

Last edited:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I think there were 3 persons in the will, MC, uncle and Melissa...the money was arround 70 milion iirc and the only son got only 2.5 of it.
I mean, not to sound greedy, but if that is all it sure sounds like a dick move.
peanuts :ROFLMAO:

the 6bill worth company is the point ^^

i think

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Raziel_8

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
peanuts :ROFLMAO:

the 6bill worth company is the point ^^

i think

In 2 year he will probably give the company to Stacy, as amends for spying on her that one time two years ago.
Because he was taught, that money is not important <- this is one of his central character traits, if you can believe some other commenters

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Have you seen THIS:

Way more than 3. There's a lot more story to unroll.

Peace :)

Syrenn85

May 21, 2020
Android won't seem to launch. Goes back to home screen on my tablet. Tried uninstalled and fresh install, didn't help.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Have you seen THIS:

Hm...Stacy and Melissa have a different family name ? Why would Stacy even get a single cent...she has zero conection with the father, never even known him. And the MC is only a secondary heir ?

Also if i see this right, there is zero reason to give Melissa the house, even less for free, as she seems to get way more from the inheritance then the MC....makes sense, she is after all the the fathers ex gf/best friend which he hasn't seen or spoke to in ~20 years...so naturally she gets couple of millions, i see where the MC got his mentality from :ROFLMAO:

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
Android won't seem to launch. Goes back to home screen on my tablet. Tried uninstalled and fresh install, didn't help.
download the new build.
there was a small flaw in the code for my new flexible textbox.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Hm...Stacy and Melissa have a different family name ? Why would Stacy even get a single cent...she has zero conection with the father, never even known him. And the MC is only a secondary heir ?

Also if i see this right, there is zero reason to give Melissa the house, even less for free, as she seems to get way more from the inheritance then the MC....makes sense, she is after all the the fathers ex gf/best friend which he hasn't seen or spoke to in ~20 years...so naturally she gets couple of millions, i see where the MC got his mentality from :ROFLMAO:
Stacy is Nathaniel Smith's daughter, the other half of Sunders & Smith, the Nate that substitute the MC's father. It makes sense that the scorned mother (Melissa) didn't keep the POS name, while the daughter does.

Why would they get a fraction of the inheritance? No clue. None of those should inherit anything, besides the Uncle. At least not without a strong reason for it.

About the freaking house, it seems pretty clear to me, from all the "Life Lessons" and the open decision, that it was a test placed upon the MC on how he would deal with the conundrum. You'll notice that there no choice to NOT give away the house, only of what to do with the Cheque. Never to cash it, but how to dispose of it. So, it is an integral part of the story.

It may seem like a weak move, but, bear with me here, what if it was the condition to unblock the rest of the Fortune? That he showed mercy and care to the "One that got away"? There's a lot more to know about the MC's father plans for the MC. The conditions to fulfill the 2 years later part of the will.

So far, I feel that the story, while still over 90% under wraps, makes a lot of sense. Would a responsible father throw 6.2 B to the hands of a teen that had the plan to spend "at least" one year partying before college? With no goals? No ambitions? With the company of someone that said father considered a bad influence? Or, would that father, orchestrate the best he could, for him to know and involve himself with the Best person he knew, the one with which he wanted to build his dreams, in order to have that son, grow and develop?

You are all up in arms about a paltry house when there's a veritable treasure, and I don't mean only money, just under his reach. I think you are all missing the forest because of the trees.

look-at-the-big-picture-here.gif

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Have you seen THIS:

Ah ha! I am glad I am not the only one to notice that. (I had to take a snip when i saw that in game and rotated it to read.)
Also, Erika is absolutely related, she even curses her father "George Sunders" which was a big "I fucking knew it!" moment for me.

I can't wait to see where the story will go and who in the house will be next. It's killing me that we havent been able to do some lewd fun with Erika yet.

Also, is it just me or do Erika and Hailey have the same or extremely similar character face models?

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
So far, I feel that the story, while still over 90% under wraps, makes a lot of sense. Would a responsible father throw 6.2 B to the hands of a teen that had the plan to spend "at least" one year partying before college? With no goals? No ambitions?
So better give the company to someone who hands out million dollar Cheques, like candies at Halloween. To anybody that is able to knock on his door?

• Thinking Face

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
What are you talking about?

Peace :unsure:
he gives a house away for 1,5 mill to someone he doesn't know, who doesn't even need it. He is unfit to handle money and if that continues, he will run the company in to the ground after a month tops.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
he gives a house away for 1,5 mill to someone he doesn't know, who doesn't even need it. He is unfit to handle money and if that continues, he will run the company in to the ground after a month tops.
You still can't see that the house was always hers, he's not giving it, but returning it. What bought that house was his father's love for Melissa. He's just being the finisher.

Johnathan could have given the house directly, yes, but would that serve it's purpose to have his son meet the mother he chose for him? You are basing your critique on a move that isn't about money. The house, or whatever it's worth, is a pretext for a meeting. It is the meeting that is important.

The way all of you are missing this point, because the house is worth whatever, really says that none of you really understood the assignment.

Again, the house and the money, are Red Herrings. It was a way to make the MC go to Radiant Valley, go to Melissa's. That's all. He's not giving away anything, he's receiving.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Johnathan could have given the house directly, yes, but would that serve it's purpose to have his son meet the mother he chose for him? You are basing your critique on a move that isn't about money. The house, or whatever it's worth, is a pretext for a meeting. It is the meeting that is important.
if the meeting was that important to him why wait till after his dead, you want to see something that just isn't there. She could have been there for all of MCs formative years but she was not, and that was his fathers choice as well.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
You still can't see that the house was always hers, he's not giving it, but returning it. What bought that house was his father's love for Melissa. He's just being the finisher.

The way all of you are missing this point, because the house is worth whatever, really says that none of you really understood the assignment.

Again, the house and the money, are Red Herrings. It was a way to make the MC go to Radiant Valley, go to Melissa's. That's all. He's not giving away anything, he's receiving.

FG, at this point its really just better to not engage.
You've made your point, they have made theirs's, and no one side is agreeing with the other.
Rather then continue to argue, lets talk about what we enjoyed about the novel?

So, who's your best girl so far?
For me it's a real toss up between Erika and Melissa...

• Red Heart

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
if the meeting was that important to him why wait till after his dead, you want to see something that just isn't there. She could have been there for all of MCs formative years but she was not, and that was his fathers choice as well.
Yes, she could have been.

Do you know why she wasn't? I still don't, not for sure, but, I suspect that the break-up after the miscarriage, the marriage with Nate and the sense of lost that went out of all that, may have had something to do with it.

I am just reading a story, you seem personally offended that someone would "give away" so much money. I wonder if that would change if you were to be the receiver of the donation.

Please read the "Life Lessons" part. Understand them. They are the key to comprehension here.

• Angry
Reactions: holaje12
2.90 star(s) 33 Votes