• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Far-Off Friends [v0.6] [FFCreations]

2.90 star(s) 33 Votes

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

As mentioned before we plan on including animations in the game Far-Off Friends. Some will be added retroactively. We're aiming for two per update, but that could change in the future. It's uncertain if we'll add them in Freeloading Famliy, but we can take a look if it gets enough interest. So here's an example of one such animation made by Arthoneceron, the writer.
Remember: It's unrendered, this is just to give you a sneak peak

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
7.03 MB file on MEGA
Mega

As mentioned before we plan on including animations in the game Far-Off Friends. Some will be added retroactively. We're aiming for two per update, but that could change in the future. It's uncertain if we'll add them in Freeloading Famliy, but we can take a look if it gets enough interest. So here's an example of one such animation made by Arthoneceron, the writer.
Remember: It's unrendered, this is just to give you a sneak peak
Given that...I wouldn't add them at all personally but then I'm not a fan of simple looped animations with no real actual movement or complexity. I'm always of the opinion that unless they can be done properly, just don't bother with them at all. No animation is better than a bad one or a simple one, no matter how smooth it might be...it's still a very simple, basic looped animation which isn't needed and doesn't really add anything.

Reactions: Lumi24 and pgm_01

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Is the writer for this one still the same from the previous game? I would avoid the game on that basis alone, he was so full of it, he would not even entertain the idea that maybe they missed the mark with the underwhelming, if not down right bad final stages and endings that a lot of people were unhappy with.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Is the writer for this one still the same from the previous game? I would avoid the game on that basis alone, he was so full of it, he would not even entertain the idea that maybe they missed the mark with the underwhelming, if not down right bad final stages and endings that a lot of people were unhappy with.
Goin by the writin, I'd say it's either someone else or he lost his entire QC team. But I couldn't get through much of this. The previous game was great, until the endin.

Reactions: NebulousShooter

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
No, Far-Off Friends is on hold for now, they are currently focused on making Haley's solo finale from Freeloading Family but so far no news on how development is going
Another Haley endin? Guess the Christmas special wasn't enough? And yet, all the other endins were total shit. FFC needs to redo the sister endin, that one sucked ass. "Oh we're together, but we're not together. The End." :mad:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Another Haley endin? Guess the Christmas special wasn't enough? And yet, all the other endins were total shit. FFC needs to redo the sister endin, that one sucked ass. "Oh we're together, but we're not together. The End." :mad:
xmas special is non-canon.

• Haha
Reactions: StreetRat

Edhinor

Jun 3, 2022
Is this game intentionally "killing" its L.I.s?

When I started playing this game, (I think update 0.2 or 0.3 ?) there were some issues with the writing, grammar errors... etc, there was not much development, and the story seemed interesting enough.

I came back now to play 0.6 and I was happy to see that the first part of the game had been cleaned up, some of the cringey dialogues were gone, the grammar was clearer... etc.

However, as the game advanced, some of those errors have come back, some of the phrases are downright non-english, and, to make it all worse... what the hell is happening with the LIs?

Melissa:
We offer her a house at the beginning of the game, and in one of the last scenes, after the drinking, she acts very suspiciously towards us, like if all of her niceness was a front for something else, as if she was manipulating us (this applies also to her friend Karen).

Stacey:
I get it, she hates us for no reason, fine, however, she seems to go to really unreasonable lengths to mess with us. Has she nothing better to do with her time? really? she is trying to get a movie done, she is being blackmailed (even if we do not know the exact details) and yet, what she chooses to focus her time and energies is on us? on messing with us and spying on us? she doesn't have more pressing priorities?

Mariya:
I thought she was one of the characters that the MC could rely on, and yet, after everything we have done for her, she seems to have taken Stacey's side and is helping her stalk and spy on us?

Tiffany:
Ok, so far, she seems to be the most normal of them all and doesn't seem to be a two-faced whore.

Erika:
I liked her character and also she seems to be genuinely interested in the MC, and yet, I am now reading that maybe she is playing him to humiliate him as a way to enter the sorority? I haven't seen this in game so I can't say for sure, but I am becoming paranoid about these women more and more as I play the game.

All this paranoia and mistrust is compounded by the phone conversation with Nate, where he is clearly saying that the MC is a too trusting, a fool, and that people are taking advantage of him... great.

So, I ask again, is this game intentionally destroying the character of its main LIs? because if that is the case, ok, fine, I get it, these are the characters you want to create, but I hope that you give me then at least the option to give them all the middle finger and not progress in the relationships with them. As it appears now, the MC is a massive simp that is being setup to be taken advantage of, abused and ridiculed by these women and he will react in a complete simp way by gifting one a massive house worth millions, saving the other one from blackmail, saving the other one from her family/father... etc.

I am not "captain save-a-hoe". If these women are like they seem to be, I do not want to associate with them or do them any favors. Also, even if the MC is a fool and he doesn't know that he is being taken advantage of, I, as the player, know it, you are showing it to me in these scenes where he is not present. I won't play/support this game if I am forced to play a simp with no agency.

Am I wrong in my analysis of the LIs?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Is this game intentionally "killing" its L.I.s?
no, melissa wants mc to focus on girls at same age as himself, rest like mc but have some reluctations still, erika is just being erika.

Edhinor

Jun 3, 2022
no, melissa wants mc to focus on girls at same age as himself, rest like mc but have some reluctations still, erika is just being erika.
Regarding Melissa, how does that fit with her change of tone after the wine drinking with Karen? As soon as MC's door closes, both her face and Karen's face changes and she says "Okay it's done" and then, to Karen "Sorry about that". I am not sure what is going on, but it is a bit suspicious, it seems like they were manipulating him in some way. Why otherwise the complete change of tone? They go from tipsy, happy, and playful while MC is there to serious and not tipsy at all. At the very least they were pretending to be tipsy.

What was she apologizing to Karen about? why does Karen answer about having to be strong and the "awful timing"? There is something going behind the scenes that they haven't told the MC about and that clearly changes how we, the players, should see that previous scene of them drinking wine happily. These two women manipulated the MC throughout that whole scene.

As for the rest of the women "liking the MC but being reluctant".... how does that justify Mariya's actions? If someone in my life pulled shit like that, I would not speak to them ever again. You do not set up cameras and listening devices inside the bedroom of someone you like and/or respect. It is such a gross violation of trust, such a blatant disregard for the MC's privacy that I do not care if Mariya is "liking you but being reluctant". Dude, real life advice, any woman, whether she likes you or not, places cameras and microphones in your bedroom without your knowledge, and you should take her to the police and ran away from her. You do not put up with that shit because "she likes me".

Same goes for Stacey, I do not care if she "likes me", none of her actions show that, on the contrary, she is doing everything in her power to harm the MC, even going against her own interests and prioritizing harming the MC over dealing with her own shit. Again, anyone behaves like that, and I do not care if they "like me" or not, I would not talk to them ever again.

I get this is a VN, and not real life. I get these are not real people. But they are supposed to behave in somewhat realistic ways. All that I am saying is that when the MC finds out about these behaviours, he should have the option to say "fuck you all" to these people and not enter into a relationship with them.

Their actions have no justification and cannot be forgiven. At least Stacey's and Mariya's, we will have to see what is going on with Melissa, but she is being very suspicious and, if her manipulating the MC is confirmed, then again I do not want anything to have to do with her.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
mc is still stranger to them. we'll see how it advances.

2.90 star(s) 33 Votes