eggmqster

Sep 30, 2021

Roshag

Jul 30, 2017
Avatar importing is damn hard. Tutorials are insufficient. I've managed to import model, assigned most bones the right way, failed with penetrator areas. Scale reference does not work at all, had to test different model scale three times and still wrong 1660928930893.png
Okay, just needed to read the instruction. Trying to make a new model

Last edited:

Terut

Nov 16, 2017
I'm eager for the feral and animal options. If it's a custom made port, it doesn't violate Patreon rules.

Softscale

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2021
Really curious to hear more about the importer, looking to start playing around with it. Currently it marks all the shaders as missing and throws a "WriteAllTextAsync" error, really eager for some documentation on it. Wanna play around with it, but being stopped by the missing shaders.
Another user has reported this issue as well - I think it's caused by using an older version of Unity, that uses either an older C# or .NET level that doesn't have support for the WriteAllTextAsync method. Make sure you're using Unity 2021 as recommended in the guides.

have a dragon model created by Untied_Verbeger available

link https://mega.nz/#!G083WLCA!vzGDffXO....._eZ4CThLft5JG4
I actually played around with this model a bit when testing the importer, but unfortunately it wasn't very well suited for use outside of Blender. The wings in particular use some mesh deformers rather than bones, which can't be exported to FBX in a way that works in Unity. Someone would need to spend a good bit of time re-rigging the wings, and maybe making other rig adjustments, before it could be used in the importer.

eggmqster

Sep 30, 2021
Another user has reported this issue as well - I think it's caused by using an older version of Unity, that uses either an older C# or .NET level that doesn't have support for the WriteAllTextAsync method. Make sure you're using Unity 2021 as recommended in the guides.

I actually played around with this model a bit when testing the importer, but unfortunately it wasn't very well suited for use outside of Blender. The wings in particular use some mesh deformers rather than bones, which can't be exported to FBX in a way that works in Unity. Someone would need to spend a good bit of time re-rigging the wings, and maybe making other rig adjustments, before it could be used in the importer.
i think if you post a video tutorial somewhere, that'd solve quite a lot of the problems. the one person ive seen that managed to get a character working complained about the lack of tutorials. it really seems like an amazing feature, we just don't have a clue how to use it.

Softscale

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2021
i think if you post a video tutorial somewhere, that'd solve quite a lot of the problems. the one person ive seen that managed to get a character working complained about the lack of tutorials. it really seems like an amazing feature, we just don't have a clue how to use it.
I just updated the site today with tutorials for the remaining modules, but I am still planning to make a couple more for some minor features, as well as a video walkthrough. Just taking a break from writing those to start working on the next build for a bit. :p

eggmqster

Sep 30, 2021
I just updated the site today with tutorials for the remaining modules, but I am still planning to make a couple more for some minor features, as well as a video walkthrough. Just taking a break from writing those to start working on the next build for a bit. :p
which site? i can't find it.

Softscale

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2021
Seems that somehow I've broken the importer
Make sure your character's Input Directory is a subfolder in your project, not the main Assets folder. This was an issue that another user found recently that I need to add validation for. Basically it's saying the Input Directory used to package files into the AssetBundle cannot contain any C# script files.

Roshag

Jul 30, 2017
Make sure your character's Input Directory is a subfolder in your project, not the main Assets folder. This was an issue that another user found recently that I need to add validation for. Basically it's saying the Input Directory used to package files into the AssetBundle cannot contain any C# script files.
Aww, you are right. This fixed exporting but did not fix the model that had too complex rig. Models made for Source Filmmaker should mostly work (after being converted to fbx via Blender), models made for Blender - some of them can work

Caerna

Dec 29, 2018
Now I'm tempted to import Jon Arbuckle and Garfield in there. Doubt that universe will forgive me for that.

• Haha
Reactions: Lolwut365

karllall7

Jan 15, 2019
Any chance on getting a Feral example as well? Does not look hard but without a reference it might be a bit difficult to figure out properly.

AugusttoNovember

Apr 28, 2022
Every time I try to play the game, be it VR or not, it keeps giving me plenty of errors. I had this problem on older versions too. Any help? For refrence, I never tampered with the files either, unless winRAR somehow did this. Everything else is straight out of the box. Screenshot_1096.png

sexyb83

Jul 26, 2020
Every time I try to play the game, be it VR or not, it keeps giving me plenty of errors. I had this problem on older versions too. Any help? For refrence, I never tampered with the files either, unless winRAR somehow did this. Everything else is straight out of the box.
delete c:\users\<username>\appdada\locallow\softscale\

4.20 star(s) 15 Votes