Ren'Py Abandoned Farmer's Dreams Unofficial Ren'PY Port [R22] [Phalzyr]

4.70 star(s) 6 Votes

LouWill

Feb 3, 2018
Farmer's dreams is a game I've been meaning to play for a long time, but ultimately didn't due to RPGM. So I appreciate Phalzyr bringing this port to us. On top of that, it's actually well done.

However, I have mixed feelings about the OP listing him as the "Developer" on a thread that's being promoted on the Latest Updates page. I think many people are understandably going to be confused about this game potentially being a remake/remastered version of the original. That will ultimately lead to people wanting to support the creator of the game, but maybe going to Phalzyr's patreon instead. Unless I'm wrong and there's actually new content here from Phalzyr in which case I redact my comments, I don't understand why this thread is being promoted as if it's a new game even if the title says otherwise.

TakeALook

Oct 2, 2017
You know how COD Warzone needs 200+GB of drive space? Well this game is like that, but for memory usage instead...

987654321.png

The 32bit exe is slightly better at just over 1GB but it's still pretty phat in comparison to other games. Is a copy of the RPGM game running in the background and being converted on the fly to Renpy?

On a serious note, thanks for bringing this over. I've always wanted to try it and, just like many others here, didn't want to slog through the usual RPGM bull (y)

kiljaeden

Jun 2, 2019
Nice port. I hope more RPGM games will get converted to renpy in the future. Really hate RPGM grind and endless moving around like playing Pokemon.

Reactions: Phalzyr

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Farmer's dreams is a game I've been meaning to play for a long time, but ultimately didn't due to RPGM. So I appreciate Phalzyr bringing this port to us. On top of that, it's actually well done.

However, I have mixed feelings about the OP listing him as the "Developer" on a thread that's being promoted on the Latest Updates page. I think many people are understandably going to be confused about this game potentially being a remake/remastered version of the original. That will ultimately lead to people wanting to support the creator of the game, but maybe going to Phalzyr's patreon instead. Unless I'm wrong and there's actually new content here from Phalzyr in which case I redact my comments, I don't understand why this thread is being promoted as if it's a new game even if the title says otherwise.
I clearly list both in the game and on thread that there is an original author and If you follow me at all you'll see that when people ask about supporting me I always tlel them to support theorig dev first...

You know how COD Warzone needs 200+GB of drive space? Well this game is like that, but for memory usage instead...

View attachment 1119155

The 32bit exe is slightly better at just over 1GB but it's still pretty phat in comparison to other games. Is a copy of the RPGM game running in the background and being converted on the fly to Renpy?

On a serious note, thanks for bringing this over. I've always wanted to try it and, just like many others here, didn't want to slog through the usual RPGM bull (y)
Not sure why it using so much memory prob preloading some images.. no I do not convert rpgm version to renpy on the fly. I do it the hard way.. Though i wouldn't consider 2GB lots of memory these days... maybe that why i never noticed memory usage of renpy. EDIT: yeah this game is taking 4x the memory as prev game i made I'll have to look into that could be just the renpy version reserves more? hmm

Why are there 4 exe files?
I goofed and names it without s then renamed it... forgot to remove old exes... (they are actually not present on dev side) I removed now and future updates will only have two... you can delete the two that don't work ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: M'95

TakeALook

Oct 2, 2017
Not sure why it using so much memory prob preloading some images.. no I do not convert rpgm version to renpy on the fly. I do it the hard way.. Though i wouldn't consider 2GB lots of memory these days... maybe that why i never noticed memory usage of renpy. EDIT: yeah this game is taking 4x the memory as prev game i made I'll have to look into that could be just the renpy version reserves more? hmm
Is this extra memory usage also present on the android port? Maybe that's why some users are experiencing problems playing since most low to mid range phones are still in the 2Gb to 4Gb ram range vs 4+Gb on desktop/notebooks.

cebs

Engaged Member
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
Is this extra memory usage also present on the android port? Maybe that's why some users are experiencing problems playing since most low to mid range phones are still in the 2Gb to 4Gb ram range vs 4+Gb on desktop/notebooks.
Don't think so, Android version is optimized for phones, you probably will have more problems related to storage than ram issues

EDIT: took the liberty to take 2 screenshots, from ram usage before and after launching the game, hope it helps...

Last edited:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
cebs thankxx ! another quesiton is this normal ??
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Meanwhile i was trying to get the 32 bit exe to run but nope ! ok ill try the patch then !

Reactions: cebs

cebs

Engaged Member
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
4.70 star(s) 6 Votes