defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Ok makes more sense then, yet dunno what only 7 min is supposed to mean, it's actually quite alot content. Anyway sandbox is there for game feel, dev wanted more game than VN and I think he did a really good job but it does lead to some reptitives.

As for story progress I think reason why story is creeping is because there's a limited amount of story and dev doesn't want it to end too quickly, which is understandable. But I agree somewhat, all the sidequests should be more connected to main story then just some sideshow that seem to lead nowhere.
The problem is that all side quests are not related with the mc ...
It would be great to have a VN version just for fast skipping them.
And a VN style version should be very useful for recap the storyline ...

the relationship between Monica and Claire is very interesting and the Claire scene in this update was very nice.
I think the remake as VN would be a great bust to increase the audience and the paying supporters.

Reactions: pr0n

tequilar

May 4, 2017
If you have passed the 2nd episode content, then you can download ep3 v7 1080p and try to load from your 720p save file. If you haven't completed all the storylines of episode 2 then you will be shown a screen where you have to choose how Monica acted in the previous ep2 v16. After completing the survey, you will be able to start playing the new Ep3 content.

If you haven't completed a substantial part of the content of episode 2, I suggest you complete it first and only then start playing Ep3 v7, because Ep3 doesn't contain the ep2 v16 content.
damn, it really worked :PogChamp: thanks a lot :D
I already thought I have to start from the beginning :HideThePain:

RedWyne007

Jul 12, 2021
Why is the game so broken on android? When i rollback,it takes me to the previous events and loading saves doesnt work

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Ok makes more sense then, yet dunno what only 7 min is supposed to mean, it's actually quite alot content. Anyway sandbox is there for game feel, dev wanted more game than VN and I think he did a really good job but it does lead to some reptitives.

As for story progress I think reason why story is creeping is because there's a limited amount of story and dev doesn't want it to end too quickly, which is understandable. But I agree somewhat, all the sidequests should be more connected to main story then just some sideshow that seem to lead nowhere.
what I mean is:
with the other game developers I like to replay the previous versions to get a story line summary I usually skip at least 2 or 3 updates before playing the same game again.
FB is not a game that makes you want to start playing again from the beginning ...
this is a real shame as the best games are the ones that make you want to play again from the beginning after some time.
FB, on the other hand, is so mechanical that the mere thought of starting over makes you want to leave ... I believe that no one wants to start this game again for a second time.
But the story is good!
That is why I suggest to make a VN style version... for sure i will play again with pleasure a version of the game where I do not need to make repetitive choices for
- Eating,
- Change Clothes,
- Maps,
- "Click over and over to make the same photoshoots 2 times"
- Street work repetitive scenes
- Shinny Hole repetitive scenes
and more ... again more... even the Marcus route at the prison is too much repetitive...

the various routes are too fragmented .. with small samples that should make everything very interesting ... but it is not so .. because by dint of waiting (I started playing Fashion Business for more than 3 years)
after three years people get tired of waiting ... so now i'm here just to see how the story turns out ... i don't think i'll want to start FB from the beginning ... My favorite games are different. .. and from time to time I like play them again from the beginning.
To do that A VN STYLE REMAKE of EP1 and EP2 would be awesome.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Does episode 3 contains 1 and 2 too?
Nope. Fashion Business FAQ. (point 1.2.3)
Q: I think I missed some events in the game. Does the latest Ep3 version include all content of the game?
A: After you have finished playing Ep.1, you need to download Episode 2: New Life. It contains versions v1 - v16. Episode 3: Crossroads is a continuation of Episode 2. Version numbering in Ep.3 has been changed and it starts not from v17, as it was before, but from v1.

Last edited:

pr0n

Aug 23, 2017
what I mean is:
with the other game developers I like to replay the previous versions to get a story line summary I usually skip at least 2 or 3 updates before playing the same game again.
FB is not a game that makes you want to start playing again from the beginning ...
this is a real shame as the best games are the ones that make you want to play again from the beginning after some time.
FB, on the other hand, is so mechanical that the mere thought of starting over makes you want to leave ... I believe that no one wants to start this game again for a second time.
But the story is good!
That is why I suggest to make a VN style version... for sure i will play again with pleasure a version of the game where I do not need to make repetitive choices for
- Eating,
- Change Clothes,
- Maps,
- "Click over and over to make the same photoshoots 2 times"
- Street work repetitive scenes
- Shinny Hole repetitive scenes
and more ... again more... even the Marcus route at the prison is too much repetitive...

the various routes are too fragmented .. with small samples that should make everything very interesting ... but it is not so .. because by dint of waiting (I started playing Fashion Business for more than 3 years)
after three years people get tired of waiting ... so now i'm here just to see how the story turns out ... i don't think i'll want to start FB from the beginning ... My favorite games are different. .. and from time to time I like play them again from the beginning.
To do that A VN STYLE REMAKE of EP1 and EP2 would be awesome.
Walking navigation is a bit repetitive and could maybe use fixer, but it's not that super grindy, I think it adds some immersive feel unlike pure VN. A VN remake would also take some time to do and I think it would ruin part of game with some content removed related to the navigation and some tasks. I don't see why dev should bother wasting time on remake, it's not that straightforward and would take some work to relink events and some graphic parts would have to removed or remade. A better and quicker dev option would be to just shorten travel with less navigation points. Say quick travel options on map or from sleep over place to common points such as Monica's office room and Shiny hole.

As it looks now:

Office: Wake up>map nav to front of office>pick office clothes>walk inside to elevator>nav to office room
Shiny Hole: Wake up>map nav to part of slums>pick hooker clothes>nav to shiny hole>Enter

The middle steps could be bypassed / shortened midway into the game since they don't add much value and just become repetitive in the long run.

-Eating has been optional for a long time, at least it is midway into game afaik.

-Change of clothes: Yes, more bypassing closet would be great, auto clothes and choice done through map as is implemented for some of the common map points. But remaking old content low priority imo, better if development is spent on other things.

Street work & cleaning: Agree, was a lot of repetition, does not add much replay value.

Last edited:

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
A VN remake would also take some time to do
I think I VN remake from Renpy to Renpy is very easy...
ALL RENDERS AND STORYLINE ARE READY!
THE CODING IS READY TOOO! :D
The dev just need to delete useless repetitive asset and leave the code of the gallery scenes by using the connection parts that are not in the gallery.
There is great example about the time required for make a VN style from a sandbox..._ Just check on the AEA chapter 2 from DeepSleep!
He decided to make a VN style remake at version 05... and the time for developing the 2 versions was practically IMMEDIATE!

All sandbox Renpy games comes with VN style scenes...
Just delete the Sandbox Asset and... the VN style version is almost ready!

I think it adds some immersive feel unlike pure VN
Are you sure? ... not for me!
But this is a WIN-WIN advice
for those who (like you) that want continue with the maps... eating... clean... repeat 20 times the scene to get after some day the reward.. you can continue to play the game as is!

I'm really sure that the time required to make a VN style version for Decent Monkey that have all the renders and the codes of this game would take JUST 1 DAY MORE EVERY UPDATE!

for make a VN version of the EP2 that was composed by 16 versions.... I think this work requires no more than 2 weeks! (maybe less)

Last edited:
Reactions: FAP369ZONE

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
What I mean is that make a pure VN remake can add more supporters like me...
it is win win advice...
I'm not saying that he have to delete from the world the sandbox version... the old versions will remain.

I'm just saing he can add in his Patreon page a VN REMAKE OF:
EP1... only for paying supporters (EP1 is for free now as i know)
after EP1 there will be EP2...

AS I SAID THIS IS A WIN WIN ADVICE FOR BOTH: Dev and Supporters!!!

boobthief

May 25, 2017
As it looks now:

Office: Wake up>map nav to front of office>pick office clothes>walk inside to elevator>nav to office room
Shiny Hole: Wake up>map nav to part of slums>pick hooker clothes>nav to shiny hole>Enter

The middle steps could be bypassed / shortened midway into the game since they don't add much value and just become repetitive in the long run.

-Eating has been optional for a long time, at least it is midway into game afaik.

-Change of clothes: Yes, more bypassing closet would be great, auto clothes and choice done through map as is implemented for some of the common map points. But remaking old content low priority imo, better if development is spent on other things.

Street work & cleaning: Agree, was a lot of repetition, does not add much replay value.
Other games do the walking simulator sections better by letting you choose where you want to go and then showing a few images of you walking and arriving, sometimes with fun reactions from the public. It lets you teleport without feeling like you teleported.

Clothes: there's no point offering the player a choice of clothing if they have to wear specific outfits for specific locations and activities. Fashion Business usually automatically changes the player, so that's good. I'd like to see options for different clothing based on corruption but I get that it's usually a nightmare for the developer to render all the possibilities for every scene.

Always been happy that Fashion Business does not make you manage boring chores unlike some other games e.g. regularly eating, pooping, feeling sick, smoking, drinking, mood, periods, shaving, buying and applying makeup, calling taxis, events that only occur in specific locations on specific days at specific times, attending work at specific times, writing dear fucking diary entries. We have it pretty good in Fashion Business!

Reactions: agn25

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
What if the next spoiler is of Monica revisiting Phillips basement?:unsure:
Two such gifts in one update? Why not, though? :) I'd like to see more than a one-off event of Monica in Phillips' basement (I've written about it several times in this thread), but I'm really looking forward to Monica's next visit to the basement anyway, whatever it may be.

Reactions: HUNUTAN

agn25

Nov 20, 2017
Two such gifts in one update? Why not, though? :) I'd like to see more than a one-off event of Monica in Phillips' basement (I've written about it several times in this thread), but I'm really looking forward to Monica's next visit to the basement anyway, whatever it may be.
We did get another peek at Phillips basement in the last update, as short as the scene was. I'd love to see Monica and Victoria sharing Phillip's slave duties.

3.50 star(s) 220 Votes