TheUnDoge

Oct 1, 2022
Good game story wise funny and nice UI mechanics, very stylish but Monica's raging power crazed monologues get a bit tiresome and go on toooo long, we get the point girl now stfu and do the thing I clicked on :p...I've only finished chapter one which imho was a little light on the content, adult wise...Hope Chapter 2 is better I'm getting a bit bored of steering this maniac from one *almost* sex situation to another...does she ever actually do anything interesting other than show her boobs? I prefer Special Request that game do not mess around, but like I said good game overall....Funny and The Monkey Guys made Monica EXTREMELY annoying so that fits, but like i said for an Adult game, not that impressed. I will be buying it though along with SR and Anna Exciting Affection, so great advertizing F95, wish I'd found this site earlier damn...who needs AAA games?
Update ok so I'm half way through Chapter 2 and starting to feel sorry for her lolol, that biff dude though I'm about climb in the game and beat the c***. This game man....its so good, I'm actually starting to fall in love with Monica shes so funny.

hubvan

Jun 23, 2018
Update ok so I'm half way through Chapter 2 and starting to feel sorry for her lolol, that biff dude though I'm about climb in the game and beat the c***. This game man....its so good, I'm actually starting to fall in love with Monica shes so funny.
Yeah the biggest problem with this game really is to attract new players, because the first chapter by nowadays standards is relatively hard to grind through. While personally I hope that this game never ends (ok I DO want to see the farm at some point), for dev it probably would be best to finish it up and start something new with all what he has learned.

qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
Yeah the biggest problem with this game really is to attract new players, because the first chapter by nowadays standards is relatively hard to grind through. While personally I hope that this game never ends (ok I DO want to see the farm at some point), for dev it probably would be best to finish it up and start something new with all what he has learned.
Well, he actually already did this by creating his second game - MILFs of Sunville. And, unfortunately for him, it is not as popular as Fashion Business even after 1,5 years of development. It now has about 750 patron and Fashion Business has about 1400. Fashion Business is almost twice as popular.
And actually it is not so surprising. Most adult games here fail. People don't like the story, the character or whatever, and as a result, the game doesn't make enough money.
Certainly, Decent Monkey can end Fashion Business in a couple of updates and start something new, let's say Movie Business. But there is no guarantee that it will be more profitable. The opposite is more probable, it seems to me.
Yes, Decent Monkey lost quite a bit of support after February 2022, partially probably because people from Russia can't support him anymore, but it is still a very profitable game.
1673335401536.png

With regard to your idea that the game doesn't attract new people because Ep.1 is rather weak both in terms of quality of renders and grind, it is probably true to some extent. Maybe Decent Monkey should make Ep.1 Remastered with new high-quility renders and animation and less grind. This can work.

watermankaku

Feb 6, 2021
Yes, I don't think the problem lies in the first chapter at all. It's just that many people don't know when it will end, so some people plan to wait for the plot to make great progress before joining in.

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
I like a lot about the game, I was a patreon for it for over a year as well, but it isn't a good game story and dialogue wise. While it is funny at times, most characters are really stupid, and the plot is so over the top is not believable at all. It also has a lot of unlikable characters and most male characters look really bad, not just in terms of looks but render wise and quality wise. Look at immoral stories, the male characters are also not good looking but they have great quality.
I think that Fashion Business, while a very nice game, appeals to a certain demographic with certain fetishes and won't go outside of that for more support.
With what he has learned, if he would be able to do a good game (I haven't tried Milfs of Sunnyville) plot wise as well, because he has the rest of the skills down, he could have a bigger success. Maybe he need to hire a good writer or something and focus more on the other aspects of the game/games.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
It also has a lot of unlikable characters and most male characters look really bad, not just in terms of looks but render wise and quality wise. Look at immoral stories, the male characters are also not good looking but they have great quality.
I think that Fashion Business, while a very nice game, appeals to a certain demographic with certain fetishes and won't go outside of that for more support.
I disagree The vast majority of all male characters have decent body detail within the limits of what modern DAZ3D offers. I would rate the quality of the male characters at 4.5 out of 5. Regarding the appearance of the male characters that you don't like, I'm pretty sure that was the developer's main intention. The world around Monica is almost 99% made up of nothing but assholes and many of those men look accordingly.

I think that Fashion Business doesn't need male characters looking like Antonio Banderas at his best. And their looks now are in harmony with their negative personality traits. All that said, Decent Monkey has managed to create some pretty charismatic male characters. They're Marcus, Fred, Dick, Philip, Biff and even "slug" Steve - all very memorable scumbags. And I think that makes sense in a game that focuses on humiliation and blackmail. And 18 year old guy with a slight unshaven face or some slinky brat from Being a DIK can never properly play the role of Marcus or Philip. Most of the male characters in our game are middle-aged or even older. And these "actors" have so far done fine with the roles given to them by the "director" (Decent Monkey).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

pr0n

Aug 23, 2017
I like a lot about the game, I was a patreon for it for over a year as well, but it isn't a good game story and dialogue wise. While it is funny at times, most characters are really stupid, and the plot is so over the top is not believable at all. It also has a lot of unlikable characters and most male characters look really bad, not just in terms of looks but render wise and quality wise. Look at immoral stories, the male characters are also not good looking but they have great quality.
With what he has learned, if he would be able to do a good game (I haven't tried Milfs of Sunnyville) plot wise as well, because he has the rest of the skills down, he could have a bigger success. Maybe he need to hire a good writer or something and focus more on the other aspects of the game/games.
I agree to alot of this and many times the plot feels shallow and unbelievable, like Monica agreeing to implausably desperate sex without being short on money or getting outright blackmailed. Some of that is due to poorly written plot and missmatch in mini-plot composition. But I also think a big reason for the weird character behaviour is dev trying to stay on Patreon ToS good side, which let's just say isn't very accepting of forced non-consensual content.

Overall it's still a great VN, what it lacks in deep plot dev makes up by releasing huge amount content on a regular basis, few other VN's get even close to matching that.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 220 Votes