metzner

Feb 22, 2020
You clearly haven't played ep4v1. If that is to be the future of this game, then let it die now with some dignity. Two more years of content of ep4v1 quality would be good for no one.

Fashion Business has of now 1566 patreons. If v2 of ep4 is as poor as v1 that number surely will drop. I know for a fact it will drop by 1.
Why are you so mad about this release?

Actually it was a very important update for the future developments and the plot.
Yes, when it comes to the the action the last updates of EP3 were superior, but I expected a lot of plot in the first version of EP4.
So I´m not surprised.
But the hints for the next updates are very promising

Ostego

Jul 30, 2018

Actually it was a very important update for the future developments and the plot.
Yes, when it comes to the the action the last updates of EP3 were superior, but I expected a lot of plot in the first version of EP4.
So I´m not surprised.
But the hints for the next updates are very promising
Will see in v2. Signs like delay and 3rd game are not good.

About hints, i have another mad theory:
In Phillip`s basement quest day 2, if Monica was bad girl she has experience with fuck machine (animation of it is another question). During that she had 4 orgasms in a row, Phillip saw it and made conclusions, Monica after that had interesting thoughts in cage. So - it`s clearly that in bad route in basement she couldn`t get 100 points => she can`t have 30 000 and main plot with investors will be failed (it`s basicly gameover in this situation). So what if bad route will lead to Monica will stay as orgasm hungry slave for Phillip. Details can change. Good route lead to 100 points, investors e.t.c.

Reactions: Stan5851

lalolilo

Apr 17, 2020
In episode 2 I can't do the clothing store storyline because Monica says that the saleswoman will call the police. What do I have to do to enter and start the storyline?

metzner

Feb 22, 2020
Will see in v2. Signs like delay and 3rd game are not good.

About hints, i have another mad theory:
In Phillip`s basement quest day 2, if Monica was bad girl she has experience with fuck machine (animation of it is another question). During that she had 4 orgasms in a row, Phillip saw it and made conclusions, Monica after that had interesting thoughts in cage. So - it`s clearly that in bad route in basement she couldn`t get 100 points => she can`t have 30 000 and main plot with investors will be failed (it`s basicly gameover in this situation). So what if bad route will lead to Monica will stay as orgasm hungry slave for Phillip. Details can change. Good route lead to 100 points, investors e.t.c.
I think the next update is not enough to predict the future support of the game.
There is still a lot of groundwork to do. EP4v3 will show us what we can expect.

Very good theory btw. Maybe you are onto something. But I´m not sure if Monica not being the head of the company again will lead to a game over. Maybe White could be a possible alternative. We still have a lot of sidecontent, that leads to nothing at the moment: Revenge, Marcus and so on. So DM has to go back and adjust some of the older content and this will lead to different endings. Monica being the head again is just most likely the path with the most content.

Reactions: Stan5851

Ostego

Jul 30, 2018
But I´m not sure if Monica not being the head of the company again will lead to a game over. Maybe White could be a possible alternative. We still have a lot of sidecontent, that leads to nothing at the moment: Revenge, Marcus and so on. So DM has to go back and adjust some of the older content and this will lead to different endings. Monica being the head again is just most likely the path with the most content.
But failing basement hardblock a lot of content since ep3v15. In other words 50%+ of main content in ep.4 should be blocked then. No investors, no Melanie`s photoshoot and wedding cuz they are connected. Not even Tiffany route.
(don`t you forget that this quest should end in v.15?) ) So it`s basically game over. So if you are in basement already you have only 1 choice - get 100 points to have 30k $.

Sep 13, 2021
I am just starting ep2 but i cant find save files to start. I tried to copy a save file and paste it in ep2 save files folder but it doesnt work. Then i checked its migrate_saves.rpy file to see the codes and i think my ep1 files are saved in the folder it has written.
This is the codes -
init python:
def check_saves_for_migration():
global renpy
saves_directory = os.path.join(renpy.config.savedir, "")
old_saves_directory = saves_directory.replace("fashionbusiness1_renpy", "TestProj-1525113205")
if os.path.exists(old_saves_directory):
return True
return False

def migrate_saves():
global renpy
saves_directory = os.path.join(renpy.config.savedir, "")
old_saves_directory = saves_directory.replace("fashionbusiness1_renpy", "TestProj-1525113205")
for r, d, f in os.walk(old_saves_directory):
for file in f:
in_filename = os.path.join(r, file)
out_filename = os.path.join(saves_directory, file)
print in_filename
print out_filename
copyfile(in_filename, out_filename)
return True

label migrate_saves:
call screen confirm(message="Your current saves will be overwritten.\nAre you sure?", yes_action=Return(1), no_action=Return(0))
$ print _return
if _return == 1:
$ migrate_saves()
$ renpy.full_restart()
# $ MainMenu(confirm=False)()
return

and my path of save file folder of ep 1 is -C:\Users\ASUS\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\fashionbusiness1_renpy

Plz check and tell me how to solve it. I do have 3 random saved files showing in ep2 but since those are files from the middle of the game, i cant load them as well.

I saw official answers and questions regarding to this game and it is recommended to just answer the questions and start the game. But it skipped a lot of scenes and it doesnt start from waking up. Suggest me how to solve it plz.

metzner

Feb 22, 2020
But failing basement hardblock a lot of content since ep3v15. In other words 50%+ of main content in ep.4 should be blocked then. No investors, no Melanie`s photoshoot and wedding cuz they are connected. Not even Tiffany route.
(don`t you forget that this quest should end in v.15?) ) So it`s basically game over. So if you are in basement already you have only 1 choice - get 100 points to have 30k $.
You are right it will hardblock a lot of content, but it is very similar to Marcus or Revenge. It is just a possible alternative and don´t forget you have the possibility to abort the whole Philip situation with a safeword. There must be a reason why DM put this into the game.

Lets be honest, the only really good outcome for Monica will be if she can buy out Philip with the 30k

Reactions: Ostego

Ostego

Jul 30, 2018
You are right it will hardblock a lot of content, but it is very similar to Marcus or Revenge. It is just a possible alternative and don´t forget you have the possibility to abort the whole Philip situation with a safeword. There must be a reason why DM put this into the game.

Lets be honest, the only really good outcome for Monica will be if she can buy out Philip with the 30k
So it`s easier to make one of 8 ends for Phillip and don`t multiply deadends) (But i think in Monicas wedding will be 3 ends - Campbell, Phillip, Steve, so Phill will have several endings)

metzner

Feb 22, 2020
So it`s easier to make one of 8 ends for Phillip and don`t multiply deadends) (But i think in Monicas wedding will be 3 ends - Campbell, Phillip, Steve, so Phill will have several endings)
Okay we already have multiple endings in episode 1: Laywer ending and good ending. Then we will need an ending for Revenge and for Marcus. So what is the problem to give another alternative? I highly doubt it, that the safeword will lead to a gameover.
FB is not this kind of game. It depends very much on DMs plan regarding the future of the game. How long will he support it?
Will he write all the endings and then finally end it or will he support it long term and fill in new content here and there or bring new variants as some kind of sideprojekt to his new other games.
We shouldn´t forget, that FB is in the end one game just spiltted up in different episodes. Will the game one day be merged into some kind of gold edition. And what about the possibilty in EP1 to go directly to the farm? Cut content or a matter of long time support?

Reactions: Ostego

Ostego

Jul 30, 2018
Okay we already have multiple endings in episode 1: Laywer ending and good ending. Then we will need an ending for Revenge and for Marcus. So what is the problem to give another alternative? I highly doubt it, that the safeword will lead to a gameover.
FB is not this kind of game. It depends very much on DMs plan regarding the future of the game. How long will he support it?
Will he write all the endings and then finally end it or will he support it long term and fill in new content here and there or bring new variants as some kind of sideprojekt to his new other games.
We shouldn´t forget, that FB is in the end one game just spiltted up in different episodes. Will the game one day be merged into some kind of gold edition. And what about the possibilty in EP1 to go directly to the farm? Cut content or a matter of long time support?
About Farm - don`t think will see content there anytime. And about support after end it`s the same, thay already have 2 another games. Vanilla ones. And with DM`s posts here its obvious that he doesn`t very happy about situation with FB.

Merging - too much work for nothing, different mechanics in 1- 3 episodes. Lesser chances than Farm.

Safeword/alternative - if only short sideplot with ending. For example it will lead to Marcus, as Monica couldn`t take her old life back. She returns to office with Biff as head => Farm. (the only problems for all this shit is that it is different clients ep.4 and ep.3 with these choices. We should wait until it`s finished, mb DM will move some content starting from v15 into ep.4 client).

For me most important point now - that Melanie will have party before wedding and it will be better that Steve`s secretary had. And wedding won`t be an end for Melanie in game.

Ostego

Jul 30, 2018
Btw there is Anna`s update out - and it has same scene for podium walk as Special request. We need it in FB.

Reactions: nibagat

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
To me, the best finale to "The Office" would be if Monica could eventually tell all the "husbands" to fuck off and then sail off beautifully into the sunset with their money. Anyway, besides the obviously "bad endings" in many side storylines I'm still waiting for a good one where decent Monica can get her everything back and stop being dependent on these assholes.

qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
Come on, let's be frank here: Ep.4 v.1 is one of the worst updates since forever. I personally liked none of the events.

1. Two scenes with Tiffany (or whatever her name is) are as unimaginable as they can possibly be. Just boring pussy liking. That's it. No sexy costumes, no real humiliation, no funny stuff, no nothing. Way worse than all previous events with her — the doll scene, the hotel one, or negotiations in Steve's office.

2. The event with the kebab seller is just a filler. No more. Maybe it would be all right for Ep.2. It is so short, so predictable and boring.

3. The photoshoot with Melanie was all right, I guess, if you like Melanie, but many people don't. I'm one of them. The face of her model I've seen many times in other games, her body shape is kinda strange with that very slim waist, big boobs and wide hips - Monica is way hotter with much more attractive body. Also, she is like an emotionless doll.

The only thing I liked about the photoshoot was how they made Melanie smile stupidly. It was kind of funny and should be used with Monica. I mean, Monica is always frowning during all sexual events. I'm pretty sure most of the other characters wouldn't like it and would force her to pretend to like all the sexual stuff she does.

4. Philip's event was fine, but much less interesting than the one in the previous update. It's as simple as that.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 221 Votes