ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
I mean, it's not good pirating the 1080p version just some minutes after release. The dev depends on some patreon income. If the high-res versions always get pirated after some minutes, less people will support him and the game itself is in danger. Therefore, the 720p version would have done it...
I tend to agree. Except the very last version, I do no see the point of downloading a high-res version for most people.

IMHO, no game or renders are that well executed, as some movies or animes for example, to deserve it. I may consider it for the final version if I enjoyed the game, and I intend to keep it for archiving purposes. When a compressed version exists, I usually take that over any other version, because it's more convenient and faster to download and play. Therefore, I'm more than happy to leave whatever extra candy to people who enjoy it and are willing to pay upfront.

Finally, even when pirating, I tend to respect a minimum of rules. Corsair more than brutish/dumb pirate. It's not the same to steal temporarily borrow say 5/10€ from an indie than 60€ from an AAA company. If the game is good, I usually buy good games after "testing". If no one ever respects *some* rules, market will take over with its rules and supply will just dry out.

Reactions: Ragnaroekr

hash19

Jun 4, 2017
If you have to ask, you probably wouldn't understand it even if it was explained to you once more.
OK, but why don't you try it for me at least once? Although I have a little idea, I would like to hear it from you anyway.
And by the way, I play only the 720p version, too.

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
I mean, it's not good pirating the 1080p version just some minutes after release. The dev depends on some patreon income. If the high-res versions always get pirated after some minutes, less people will support him and the game itself is in danger. Therefore, the 720p version would have done it...
Did you really just use the long since debunked "pirates cause loss of sales" argument? :LOL:

3.50 star(s) 220 Votes