Vypress

Oct 5, 2018
I'm not sure if I missed it or not but at the start of the investor event, Monica said she was going to ask biff when Melanie would return. Yet I dont remember seeing if she actually does and gets an answer.

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
I'm not sure if I missed it or not but at the start of the investor event, Monica said she was going to ask biff when Melanie would return. Yet I dont remember seeing if she actually does and gets an answer.
yourself need to do it
+ alex, + secretary, + dicks secretary Victoria
but you need to finish the first 8 photoshoots

brittC25

Nov 24, 2018
Your saves then should be fine. Store them somewhere and re-install the game. You have a loop-problem, which can occur when your game itself is corrupted. It doesnt affect the save files.
Again thanks for the reply back.

Re-install the game, but, I just downloaded the new hotfix 3 full game, so if there is an issue with a loop, it is in the new hotfix 3 game ;)

brittC25

Nov 24, 2018
I have to ask this as I am curious as hell.

Why has a great modder like Main Lain not done a full game mod for Fashion Business???

brittC25

Nov 24, 2018
Well joking aside, you got a concern that many players have. Game is way too grindy and difficult to trigger all events. I love it as it is, but it really makes you think if you want to go thru all that trouble next time you come back.

Perhaps the game could be modded to play like other Renpy games, more visual novel just follow the story and no in-game clicking for actions. Game play will be a little more linear but you still can keep the choices. The game will auto move you along so you dont get lost on where to go, and way less grinding. I think that mod or "Renpy remake" could attract more casual players and old veterans that given up on it back into the game.

I still would prefer the original grindy version, as I find it a great immersive experience, but having the extra option for casual players cant hurt.
I agree with 99.9% of what you say, but I love the game, I play it above most other games, but I 100% hate the major grind fest in this game and the endless repeditive actions needed to even move 1 inch forward.

I would love to see a full complete game mod done by Main Lain, as all full mods done by Main Lain for other games have been fantastic, if per chance Main Lain reads this, please consider doing a full game mod for this game, I know it would be an epic task to do, but once done it would only need updating then by You.

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
I was using my own saves, not any from Devs site, would it be better to use his saves???
not sure
have you tried to turn on/off slider in preferences
and have you tried to play directly from c: drive
instead of something like this
C:\Users\vimme\Documents\adult games\LongTripToYourMoms-0.3.0-pc\LongTripToYourMoms-0.3.0-pc

saucepan35

Jul 30, 2018
I would love to see a full complete game mod done by Main Lain, as all full mods done by Main Lain for other games have been fantastic, if per chance Main Lain reads this, please consider doing a full game mod for this game, I know it would be an epic task to do, but once done it would only need updating then by You.
My personal opinion is that branching doesn't really work for the type of game this is. It's better to have all scenes unlockable in a single playthrough, the way most "similar" games do (Man of the House, Cure My Addiction, Willy D and so on). It's just too much of a chore to re-grind everything in order to get to the branch points, especially when you barely know the mechanics that brought you somewhere in the first place. For scene chasing to be fun, experimenting with options has to be quick and easy (like reload save and hold CTRL to skip dialog you've seen like you can in a VN) and that's not the case here..

Alternatively a catch-up mechanic or quickstart at branch point/chapter type thing. Or NG+ where certain things are much faster on new replays.

Vypress

Oct 5, 2018
yourself need to do it
+ alex, + secretary, + dicks secretary Victoria
but you need to finish the first 8 photoshoots
By finish do you mean 100% every outfit, so every photo was taken? as I've unlocked all the photoshoots and done the queen of hearts one and have no prompt to talk to Alex or Monica's secretary about Melanie.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 222 Votes