VN Others Father Figure [v0.5.0] [Xia Liu Bei]

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes

leking7168

Apr 26, 2021
Instascam, fakebook, twatter... made me chuckle...
btw, how do I delete the game without deleteing the saved files...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Jeancul

maurice68

Jul 25, 2017
very good and promissing so far ( except for the little details already mentioned by others)
Hopefully lots more to come on regular base but looks like it is going to be worth waiting for

Jonah Arkon

Sep 22, 2017
That moment when you give your daughter a present to show her your appreciation:

Daughter: "OMG daddy, that's a huge package!"

Finally an incest game in the proper setting, ლ(´ڡ`ლ)
but the number of ppl that think a LOLI is someone into their teens is too damn high.
Disgusting right! Can not lie, firm, tuned and packed asses are the best, Plus a hell of a lot smaller. Big turn off here for me that is.

Jonah Arkon

Sep 22, 2017
Game was ok but it just appeared like it was and attempt to copy several other games which offer the same theme. No orignality here. Found it boring with no pull into story or the scenes. Art work was ok, mostly fussy looking and unclean renders. Do some polishing and tightening up of colors, and shapes. Optimizing your light source and shading will help out a lot. Also put a little thought into your font coloration and placing. At time it had to follow the story when the words blend into the background. Had no problems with the several plays through while looking of other path ways to go. Really not much choices here seems and reminds me of EA games just a linear story line that does not allow options or alternative pathways for the MC.
Any hoo Good luck with it.

Xia Liu Bei

The Last Emperor
Game Developer
Mar 11, 2019
Are you asking for a walkthrough?

If so, if you want to keep all paths open, answer the phone call, cum on your sister's face, remember your oldest daughter's favorite food (Chicken and Dumplings; it's in her bio in the 'about' section on the title screen), and pet your little girl's kitty. The episode will end with your little girl crawling into bed with you.

Last edited:

ahxjosu

Aug 3, 2019
Are you asking for a walkthrough?

If so, if you want to keep all paths open, answer the phone call, cum on your sister's face, remember your oldest daughter's favorite food (Chicken and Dumplings; it's in her bio in the 'about' section on the title screen), and pet your little girl's kitty. The episode will end with your little girl crawling into bed with you.
ty

Reactions: Xia Liu Bei

Calyps0

Mar 24, 2018
Thank you, bud. I’ll modify the UI for the next update and see if that makes a difference for playability. Tyrano isn’t the best engine, for sure, but I’m an absolute ignoramus when it comes to coding. I may take the plunge and try to learn it at some point, but it really isn’t in my wheelhouse.
Any hope of Mac support?

Reactions: Paul Newmon

Skrotum

Apr 12, 2020
They're 4 years apart. I have their ages in my mind, but everyone's free to decide on their own what ages the girls are.
Thank you, that is a very important information.

I like it so far. I enjoy the graphics and the story. But I have support the comments about the controls. A proper rollback and instant dialog text would be a welcome addition.

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
Well... I could complain about a lot of things here, but most of those boil down to Tyrano being terrible, at least when you're used to Ren'Py. That said, I strongly recommend using Ren'Py.

Something that rubbed me the wrong way a little bit, is something I read here in the thread. Namely that we're supposed to know Jen's favorite food by reading the About section in the game. I don't think anybody ever does that, so hiding any information there that you want people to actually find is something I advise against.

Also, the MC's name is mentioned (I think) only once, so it took me a bit to notice that the player doesn't get to name him. I personally like to name my MCs, and I doubt I'm the only one, so I guess I'll request that feature on top of all the features that Ren'Py provides automatically.

Finally, I wasn't sure if I should bring this up, since an explanation might already be coming, or maybe it's already there and I missed it... But the MC and his sister clearly already have an unusually intimate relationship, which usually comes with some kind of explanation. Feels a bit weird not having one...

echizen128

Sep 5, 2017
Very little content even for a 0.1, but what's there I like. I was going to complain about the food thing as well, but if there was actually a way to find out, then I don't mind. I usually read character bios, I just missed them in this case.

I actually find it refreshing that the MC and sister already have a relationship. Makes it stand out in the crowd.

Reactions: Xia Liu Bei

momo-san

Jan 16, 2018
Unofficial Ren'Py conversion for Father Figure 0.1

For the people who wanted to play the game but can't or won't because of the engine. This conversion's goal was to give an identical experience in comparison to the original game. The link contains a Win/Linux and an untested Mac version. It's a quick conversion (and may also be my first time using Ren'Py) so if there may be bugs or if I have missed something, let me know.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
What a nice start to your newest game, Xia Liu Bei. Excellent characterization, the beginnings of what could be a very moving plot, and as always very nice models chosen for your renders. I anticipate this will be a very nice story and potentially a great VN in the end. Unless the intent is to move to Ren'Py later (I'm not saying the game should), I would suggest a couple of QoL improvements to make things a little more user friendly:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think that's all I would recommend with this first release. Thanks for sharing with us, and I'm looking forward to additional releases.

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes