laladon

Aug 24, 2016
quote from discord:

Crushstation posted on Patreon & Subscribestar: Episode 1.17 "Girls' Night Out" early access (DEC 23, 2022 AT 22:31 PM) @Notification Squad Only for analysts tier and above

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
Early Santa?

Early Access normally lasts 14 days, but I've spoken to a few Analysts who think we should cut that period short so everybody can play it for Christmas. So unless there are terrible bugs that I can't fix, I'll release the buggy, rough version for everybody very Soon™ (i.e. in about 24 hours).

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: fortuna95

P-111

Dec 5, 2017
I've seen some people here wanting the early life segment of the game back... I don't understand why, it's not like you're going to have more control over your character anyway. If the early life/college part are not going to have that much impact on the main story then we might as well hold it off until the game is almost complete.

The game have a habit of presenting you a meaningless choice where you're either pick a choice you don't like or it's game over, having a backstory for your character won't make much a difference. Players want control over their character, they like choosing what their character do and how they do it, they don't like it when their character does things without player's agency or when the game force an actions upon them (AC Odyssey did this and it pissed off the fanbase).

My opinion is the game should give the players more options on completing the objective, reward players who took time to explore secondary quests and detail by allowing them more choices in the main quest later on.

Reactions: tejerk

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017
I've seen some people here wanting the early life segment of the game back... I don't understand why, it's not like you're going to have more control over your character anyway. If the early life/college part are not going to have that much impact on the main story then we might as well hold it off until the game is almost complete.
With this logic we can say all the scenes are unnecessary. She should just kill the bad guy then return to headquarters. :ROFLMAO:
I agree with "we should have more control" part though. I was mad that she just gave herself easily like a cheap whore to Connor.

P-111

Dec 5, 2017
With this logic we can say all the scenes are unnecessary. She should just kill the bad guy then return to headquarters. :ROFLMAO:
I agree with "we should have more control" part though. I was mad that she just gave herself easily like a cheap whore to Connor.
What I'm saying is the early-life/college segment are not necessary connected to the journey of the main character pursuing the mission. I've never said anything about "all the scenes are necessary".

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
Game design strategies undergo phases over the years/decades. It's natural to ask "why do we need to make all this...stuff?" especially when minimalistic games (early battle royales, for instance) show up and are bigger hits than complex games that are tougher to design. There is essentially nothing in a game that is absolutely necessary. There is nothing inherently wrong with a simple game like Pong. However, some things just feel right when added to a game, even if they do not impact more recent development or if the devs can't manage to integrate the game's elements. It doesn't matter that much for FA at least. What people are paying for here is the concept of a game, which is admittedly a nice concept that is presented well. Crush could delete everything except 5 pages and FA would be fine (maybe already is doing that? I have no intention of opening the recent version).

SerenityFirefly

Jun 30, 2017
Game design strategies undergo phases over the years/decades. It's natural to ask "why do we need to make all this...stuff?" especially when minimalistic games (early battle royales, for instance) show up and are bigger hits than complex games that are tougher to design. There is essentially nothing in a game that is absolutely necessary. There is nothing inherently wrong with a simple game like Pong. However, some things just feel right when added to a game, even if they do not impact more recent development or if the devs can't manage to integrate the game's elements. It doesn't matter that much for FA at least. What people are paying for here is the concept of a game, which is admittedly a nice concept that is presented well. Crush could delete everything except 5 pages and FA would be fine (maybe already is doing that? I have no intention of opening the recent version).
I agree. I do like this project and am in that discord but I long ago stopped caring unless there's an update. Reading the excuses every time is funny. Especially when a lot of it seems to be just writing.

Reactions: Redd-rot
3.50 star(s) 117 Votes