Davkin

Aug 30, 2017
It's kind of the nature of the engine. You can get lost forever trying to build gameplay systems in twine when you could probably just brute force write the content in half the time.

I think crush is just trying to rough out the story at this point, after which could lead to picking spots within it to make it more open ended and/or conducive to gameplay loops. It's never going to be an 'open world' game, but you could have portions where there's goals and looping day cycles like so many of the twine games do. Say to earn x amount of dollars or earn enough trust or corruption to get deeper into the job at the club.

The old content during the training period of getting drunk and picking up guys at the club was actually a pretty entertaining gameplay loop.
Agreed.

At this point, I just want to see the end of the story, instead of it being another abandoned game.

But I think it could be nice to add some side quests with other characters to make the experience feel "whole".

Apr 3, 2019
Agreed.

At this point, I just want to see the end of the story, instead of it being another abandoned game.

But I think it could be nice to add some side quests with other characters to make the experience feel "whole".
Twine is "not so bad". Implementing interactive game systems in Twine (especially when "movement" and "time" are involved) is definitely harder than it should, it's not really prepared for that.

However, Twine is quite literally designed with CYOA games in mind. Having a branching path that then merges back to the same linear path, and eventually goes to different endings is what Twine is designed to do.

If this game had any intent to give you the option to "freely move" or a "real time shooting minigame" or something like that then yeah, I could see that taking ages to implement. But the aim and scope of the game (sidequests included) is basically: Wake up -> Do thing -> Choose what to do first: Take shoes off or take shirt off -> Do thing A/B

Arkady

May 15, 2018
If this game had any intent to give you the option to "freely move" or a "real time shooting minigame" or something like that then yeah, I could see that taking ages to implement. But the aim and scope of the game (sidequests included) is basically: Wake up -> Do thing -> Choose what to do first: Take shoes off or take shirt off -> Do thing A/B
Actually, when the project launched, Crush said it was meant to be sandboxy. In fact, he didn't remove the term "sandbox" from his Patreon description until this year.

On one hand, good thing he finally admits that's not going to happen; on the other hand, that took him five fucking years.

Apr 23, 2017
Actually, when the project launched, Crush said it was meant to be sandboxy. In fact, he didn't remove the term "sandbox" from his Patreon description until this year.

On one hand, good thing he finally admits that's not going to happen; on the other hand, that took him five fucking years.
Learn from the best. It's a trend nowadays, apparently.
I won't blame him for that. Author, writer, movie director or game developer is influenced by environment he exists in. Thus, aforementioned conformism.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
People walk out the door when you tell them they can't have something, even though some of their favorite games may well not be open world at all. I won't get into more discussion on it, because it could go on forever, but it's a two-way street for sure. Fans have themselves partially to blame there--do you want dev money so that you can take your years to develop, or not? People who don't make promises are likely among the ones we aren't talking about, since they likely gave up long ago to do things that pay.

WalkTheEdge

Nov 29, 2017
Guessing Crush will post soon about how the update is very near being ready but just not quite, and there's unfortunately no way he can finish it before Christmas and he just don't have time to work during the holidays so update will come after new year's (year not specified)

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017
Doesn't matter much, everyday is late anyway. It's been almost 3 months since estimated release date.

Arkady

May 15, 2018
It's been almost 3 months since estimated release date.
The word "estimated" doesn't really deserve to be dragged through the mud here. Randomly "announced"? Yes. Haphazardly "guesstimated"? Maybe. Intelligently "estimated" by someone who actually took into account Crush's 4+ year track record of being completely and utterly incapable of actually getting shit done? Absolutely not.

boobthief

May 25, 2017
That's not a healthy way of thinking, stranger. There are things that are pretty self evident, e.g. none of us are playing in the World Cup but are we allowed an opinion on the matches? I think everyone is entitled to an opinion, but obviously a qualified opinion carries more weight. Heck, there's literally a whole industry doing reviews (food, film, art critics etc) who cannot exceed the level of the artist.
Yes, some people who aren't good enough to the thing that interests them but can find work as critics. How many food, film, or art critics are not failed food, film, or art professionals but just simply desired less success, fame, and money and so pursued the not-at-all-tainted profession of the elusive noble critic?

One creates and the other waits to comment. Which is more difficult?

To reference your own example: I think we should listen more intently to the opinions of someone who has played in the World Cup than we should listen to someone who watched it on TV.

Long story short, critics exist but main difference is being able to sift through what's constructive criticism. So far, I'm reading the main issue is timeliness, not quality. What's unfair about that?
No problem with criticizing missed deadlines. Just don't pretend it's easy. Just don't fucking dance.

My qualification to make this comment is I'm old enough to fap, so have met enough deadlines to understand what is accountability. Hope that's good enough?
For what it's worth, this was probably the best, measured reply I've read in months.

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
It's always amusing when someone includes response to a statement that was never actually made, and then quotes the post to indicate that it does not actually include the statement that was was knocked down with so much feeling.

Oh but, "Just don't fucking dance." The dance hall has only you in it, and your imaginary friend who said it was easy.

Last edited:

Lerox

Jun 13, 2018
One point, I am really waiting for it, suppose it'll be good.
Second point, I am displeased with that lack of any information about progress.
Why it takes so long with episode ending, it should go smoothly as for last sex scenes?
Will it be before Christmas?
Or after New Year, sorry sarcasm.

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
One point, I am really waiting for it, suppose it'll be good.
Second point, I am displeased with that lack of any information about progress.
Why it takes so long with episode ending, it should go smoothly as for last sex scenes?
Will it be before Christmas?
Or after New Year, sorry sarcasm.
One of our illustrious posters indicated that the schedule has no year on it, and so we're waiting for a timeframe that is after the point where years exist. At some point in the future there will be an absolute September, which will be hopefully either the 9th or 7th month of this time period, at which point product is promised.

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017
One of our illustrious posters indicated that the schedule has no year on it, and so we're waiting for a timeframe that is after the point where years exist. At some point in the future there will be an absolute September, which will be hopefully either the 9th or 7th month of this time period, at which point product is promised.
Quick update guys @Notification Squad Episode ending has been done for a few days. I've been busting my chops trying to get the episode ready for release and it's nearly ready. I've been too busy on it to write reports or reply to messages, apologies to anybody waiting for correspondence from me.
At some points in the past few days I've been too busy to piss.
Anyway it's nearly ready, hopefully tomorrow
I've been doing some serious thinking about how to do better time estimates starting from the next episode, more on this
:soon~3:
From discord

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
I'm not exactly impatient, since I haven't played the game since 2018 or so. I am amused by the activity on the thread, which is why I am here.

Davkin

Aug 30, 2017
Ideally, for myself at least, I would love to see some branches like what Good Girl Gone Bad did. Probably not to that extent, but give the player a real sense that they are controlling a character, instead of just clicking a blue text to see the next paragraph of a linear story.

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
I still can't get over the fact that you can be past your deadline by more than 3 months. A few days, or a week or two? Sure. Nobody would complain. But 3 months, when for the first time ever you have given several release dates is baffling me. I mean, he isn't just behing schedule for one episode, but what? Three at this point?! I mean, seriously, how bad can you be at time management?

Then again, the latest statements show that he is "too busy to piss". Makes you wonder what he's been doing for the last three months. That's worse than me in school, starting to revise the night before.

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
Not pissing costs more time than it saves. Even if he doesn't choose to clean his clothing or home, health concerns will eventually force the issue. This could well be part of the problem.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes