Cyber_Geisha

Apr 28, 2017
The upgrade in graphics was fine and well, but I really hoped for the Agent finally reaching Bangkok.
We all have been hoping for her to reach Bangkok but I guess the developer has planned to send her there on foot.This game is actually the most frustrating I've ever played.

Reactions: Mauamu

Ravellon

Jan 17, 2018
Guys this overhaul is for basically one reason
1) much faster update times

We are *ALL* upset it's been 3 years and we literally went backwards, crushstation included. but this is actually an opportunity to finally move forward the way we all want.

There will be faster updates. We should be at 1.6 content level by the end of december and starting bangkok early next year. There is no plan to stay in or work on the life path for another 3 years. The plan now is to update fast and produce story content.

Please allay some frustration enough to know that this might be a good development that leads to what we all want.
Faster updates are only good if they are worthwhile updates. After so many reworks, what makes you think there won't be another major rework just as the agent is ready to depart to Bangkok? Again?

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
There will be faster updates. We should be at 1.6 content level by the end of december and starting bangkok early next year.
Haha, good joke! Never ever we arrive Bangkok early next year. 2022 maybe, if he's not reworking again ;)

Jinsen
*3 years!

Reactions: ChaosC

allenjohn

Apr 12, 2018

We are *ALL* upset it's been 3 years and we literally went backwards, crushstation included. but this is actually an opportunity to finally move forward the way we all want.

There will be faster updates. We should be at 1.6 content level by the end of december and starting bangkok early next year. There is no plan to stay in or work on the life path for another 3 years. The plan now is to update fast and produce story content.

Please allay some frustration enough to know that this might be a good development that leads to what we all want.
I remember when Hreinn Games said that one of their updates for Kingdom of Deception, despite taking longer, would lead to faster update times. They said they were adding in re-usable templates that would be used for less important scenes, meaning that new CG wouldn't need to be drawn every time and they could make variations on the templates instead, leading to faster updates.

We're now sitting at 8 months since the last full-fledged update for that game. They released 0.10 in March, then updated it up to 0.10.8 in July with the missing content that they didn't add the first time around. Even if you classify 0.10.8 as a full update, which is being extremely generous, that would still mean we're approaching the 4 month mark with no update 0.11, which is definitely not ideal considering that's about how long their updates took when the game first started development.

So at best they were too optimistic, and at worst they lied to deflect criticism for their long ass development times. And if Hreinn, a dev that already had one full game under their belt, wasn't able to manage these "faster updates", then why should I trust this guy? It's not like he's releasing updates that are buggy or inconsistent in quality but still pushing the game forward, he's releasing updates that he knows perfectly well nobody wants. Who the fuck ever said "man, I wish I could play through my character's childhood"? Everybody's been beating the Bangkok drum for years, and we have nothing to show for it.

aliceee

Mar 20, 2018
Thank you! And...

View attachment 418626

Seriously:
  • The next big piece of playable content will be a test of the new Sex Engine
  • Version 1.6 will replace all the existing interactive sex scenes in the game with scenes creäted in the new Sex Engine
  • Version 1.7 will be arrival in Bangkok and the agent infiltrating the brothel
  • Version 1.8 will (probably) be the "working as a prostitute" update

The Lifepath/playable childhood story was a result of a series of frank and robust disagreements between me and Dissonant Soundtrack about how exactly to progress the main storyline. I wanted to keep the writing super generic, he convinced me that there is no way to make Bangkok interesting unless there is some kind of character development for the agent once she gets there.

I resisted the idea of prescribing the main character's back story, so we invented the concept of the Lifepath. The point was to allow the player to tell the game exactly who their character is, via a series of interactive and (hopefully) interesting decision points.

Those decisions don't mean much yet, but my ambition is to make the story in Bangkok respond to the decisions you made in the Lifepath.
It's been a over a year now since this was posted, and we're at 1.8, but we haven't even arrived at bangkok yet, will this game ever progress past dubai?

If the game update progresses at this pace with no new story, then you're making people shirk away from this game.

When I played this game for the first time I really looked forward to how the story would progress and even how your choices would either corrupt or keep the MC of the story pure, I get that this game is complicated when it comes to certain player values and Miscellaneous improvements, but it feels like your decisions on how to progress the story has gotten too complicated and all you get in the updates are Miscellaneous improvements, if you guys simplified the game a little bit more and focused on progressing the story instead of other stuff, then once the story was complete decide to add additional branches to the story and Miscellaneous items that improve the gameplay, it would attract more people as well as new people to the game.

It's been over a year since i last played this game, and I really doubt I'd be trying out this game again until additional story content that is new is added.

I really enjoyed this game at one time, and I really hope that the creators of this wonderful game listen to the people playing and enjoying this game.

bdrk88

Oct 20, 2016
Typical patreon milking, it won't move forward as long as he is getting decent money out of it, if he is only in it for the money there is no reason to - just to compare most doujin circles in japan release a game every 1-2 years, that was before their version of patreon came to be though, and it's already starting to pollute the motivation to finish the game.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Every single update Crush made over last 3 years had been under excuse that it will allow for "faster update times"... or that it would be more difficult to implement later. And yet, there is no progress (we actually had a giant leap backwards!) and there is zero reason to believe anything Crush say at this point. Or that this game will ever reach Bangkok.

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
If' you had been a basic a £1 patreon from the start you'd be £40 down at this point. Realistically how much would you pay for a game like this. £15 would seem about right for me, so that's £25 (and rising) of support for the Dev. Would you feel like you had got your money worth? How about if you were on the next tier of£4.50, you'd £180 down for a basic tech demo down at this point

Patreon subscribers for this kind of Dev are insane...

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
I was asked to update the OP with a link to 1.8 in the thread, so I've done so, please enjoy.

I scanned some of the posts made since I last logged in, but please be aware I'm rarely active on this thread. If you have feedback you'd like me to hear (or you just want to talk with me about the game), the best thing is to message me on Discord: I'm Crushstation#8544 there. Have a great day everybody, I hope you like the new version, we're aiming for 1.9 on Nov 30th.
Please read this post, you don't have guilty conscience here...right?!
https://f95zone.to/threads/female-agent-v1-8-crushstation.5103/page-66#post-2478718

belallo

Dec 17, 2019
Has there ever been an answer to why being a geek girl, an athlete, a rock chick etc is relevant, since you're a field agent who has to meet a minimum fitness and intelligence level to get into a job that doesn't allow for much self-expression in the first place?

I know that's a silly question compared to the much bigger one of 'how is anything in this character creator relevant to the open world Bangkok sim that hasn't even been planned out yet', but now that it's the only content in the game, it's bothering me a lot more.

Reactions: Connie W
Apr 3, 2019
Has there ever been an answer to why being a geek girl, an athlete, a rock chick etc is relevant, since you're a field agent who has to meet a minimum fitness and intelligence level to get into a job that doesn't allow for much self-expression in the first place?

I know that's a silly question compared to the much bigger one of 'how is anything in this character creator relevant to the open world Bangkok sim that hasn't even been planned out yet', but now that it's the only content in the game, it's bothering me a lot more.
Concrete answers? Not really. But the idea is that the background gives you skills, and those skills would be used in checks when doing the actual mission.

In other words, instead of inputting the skills in a character sheet directly, you decide them through the backstory. So the athlete has a higher athletics/acrobatics skill compared to the geek girl, and the geek girl might have higher skill in hacking/computer stuff

Reactions: Connie W
3.50 star(s) 117 Votes