WAIT WAIT WAIT
The content stops after the exams?
Like, the game past that doesn't exist anymore? oO
That's... Wow ok
Now I understand the accusations of scam

Reactions: ChaosC

yaryaryar

Apr 30, 2018
Honestly I like the new look. Dice rolling kind of sucks though, there needs to be a way to skip the animation or have it roll on a smaller box than the entire screen (or both!).

The slow pace of development is not great, but if Crush can actually stick to the update schedule, and we can catch up to the previous content in reasonable time, and then (this is key), actually develop new content, then fine.

If this restart is what his team needs, then give them a shot at least.

Better than 6mo with absolutely nothing happening.

Check back on the 30th I guess.

PS, the reason I couldn't start a game was because at ultrawide resolutions, the hero banner blocks the "create character" button. So, please fix that too XD

memoefe

Jan 19, 2019
except scamming makes no sense, which i talked about in a previous post a few weeks ago. common sense dictates to just make a good game and get 10k subscribers and make even more cash. using common sense we see it's more beneficial to have good reputation, finish a game, increase your social capital, and use the finished game as free advertising for the next game. Chloe18 does this very well. That developer *Wants* to finish games and make new ones. Common sense also dictates it's far more fun to do this because you get to work on new ideas you have. common sense would then say this is the shittest dumbest scam idea ever especially if you are a) a competant programmer and b) working harder trying to scam people than you would be just coding the game right from the start. it's utterly useless to scam in this context and the only reason for a game to not complete is because the developer is extremely lazy/unmotivated (not the case for crush) or because the developer ran into a block. it can be a writers block, a technical block (they want to do something but need to learn how) etc.
Common sense says getting 5k without doing anything is better than working your ass off for that extra 5k. Considering that dev of chloe or GGGB either has a team thus splits the money or literally works their ass off. If crush is workaholic then maybe he would try working hard for extra money, but even he admits he is really lazy and sometimes ends up in a depression kinda mood because of 'work'. That was his excuse for lack of new content few months ago. He earn 5k just by doing pep talk every now and then why would he chance it?

giruru

Aug 16, 2016
Am I missing something? I literally cannot see a way to start this 1.8. I'm just on the changelog page lol.

Aug 26, 2020
except scamming makes no sense, which i talked about in a previous post a few weeks ago. common sense dictates to just make a good game and get 10k subscribers and make even more cash. using common sense we see it's more beneficial to have good reputation, finish a game, increase your social capital, and use the finished game as free advertising for the next game. Chloe18 does this very well. That developer *Wants* to finish games and make new ones. Common sense also dictates it's far more fun to do this because you get to work on new ideas you have. common sense would then say this is the shittest dumbest scam idea ever especially if you are a) a competant programmer and b) working harder trying to scam people than you would be just coding the game right from the start. it's utterly useless to scam in this context and the only reason for a game to not complete is because the developer is extremely lazy/unmotivated (not the case for crush) or because the developer ran into a block. it can be a writers block, a technical block (they want to do something but need to learn how) etc.
Crush has an idea for the game, gets caught up on countless unnecessary details, gets frustrated when development goes nowhere and then comes up with some excuse as to why he has yet again not delivered on anything.
This pattern has repeated itself ever since I started following this game like 3 years ago or whatever.
Is crush scamming people? No, but he is scamming the system
Is he extremely unmotivated and barely if at all working on the game? Yes 100%
He gets money for doing nothing, he has no pressure to deliver on anything since he has no boss and no obligations to do anything other than the occasional excuse post on patreon

Aug 26, 2020
Okay, but scamming is also just unfullfilling, it's actually nice to accomplish things in life, to have your vision made into a reality, and to stand back and look at it be happy and move on to the next project. This is type of vibe i get from crush, i don't get the attitude of the scammer from him at all.

Which is probably why we both haven't fully committed to the idea that this is a scam with the so far given information. Plus, what happens if *he does* start frequently updating and if *we are* in bangkok by jan/feb? everyone will be like *finally* and probably calm down just a little bit by then. it's a stretch after 3 years, but so far if we comparmentalize the latest developments and leave the past to the past then i can see it being a possibility.
None of what you said makes any sense whatsoever

• Angry
Reactions: okfairenough

Arkady

May 15, 2018
one of what you said makes any sense whatsoever
A hippie you're not. Nor an artisan. Plenty of people find fulfillment in actually getting projects done and moving on to the mext challenge.

That said, whatever Sharpx19 is smoking to get that vibe from someone like Crush, who's for three years has been showing he's so OCD with stupid details he can't make progress, whatever it is? I want some. It'd probably make watching election coverage more bearable.

Reactions: Kallisto

fafar

May 27, 2017
Endless demo. I've been following the project for a long time. Was a patron. But this game won't be released this year or next. Alternatively, a test project will be released in a couple of years and the author will drop the project. A similar situation was with Dungeon and Prisoner. Cool, promising, but nothing more.

Solhel

Aug 10, 2017
if anything this latest version has less content than pre 1.6
It certainly does have less content than 1.6, as can be read from the post on patreon. What's curious is that writing those scenes and adding them took 3 weeks. The writing shouldn't have taken close to that amount, there's not much more than a productive day's - possibly two - worth of writing. That means atleast 2 weeks allocated to making costumes for the avatar and programming the dice system.
Even so, a lot of content could have been copy-pasted instead of remaking it, and instead working towards releasing bangkok. The intro could always be worked on later, as has been pointed out multiple times before.

Given that nearly all work thus far has been "back end", it's atleast interesting - and suspect - that almost none of that has been beta tested. Looking over the programming it seems to be almost all "front end" though. How the avatar, menus, art and dice looks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the dice system seems to almost only have been copy-pasted into the game (I've got no issue with this), but is intended to look as though it's work done, and is twice the lines the rest of the game is.

I've not paid anything for this game - and probably wont at this point - but the premise is rather interesting, and I do wish that the game would progress beyond "what colour should this background have".

great Devs live Eva Kiss for example, who is struggling with Patrons and lost them last months
Damn, and they do make great games with a lot of content. They are - however - different games, and promise different things.

Apr 3, 2019
It certainly does have less content than 1.6, as can be read from the post on patreon. What's curious is that writing those scenes and adding them took 3 weeks. The writing shouldn't have taken close to that amount, there's not much more than a productive day's - possibly two - worth of writing. That means atleast 2 weeks allocated to making costumes for the avatar and programming the dice system.
Even so, a lot of content could have been copy-pasted instead of remaking it, and instead working towards releasing bangkok. The intro could always be worked on later, as has been pointed out multiple times before.

Given that nearly all work thus far has been "back end", it's atleast interesting - and suspect - that almost none of that has been beta tested. Looking over the programming it seems to be almost all "front end" though. How the avatar, menus, art and dice looks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the dice system seems to almost only have been copy-pasted into the game (I've got no issue with this), but is intended to look as though it's work done, and is twice the lines the rest of the game is.

I've not paid anything for this game - and probably wont at this point - but the premise is rather interesting, and I do wish that the game would progress beyond "what colour should this background have".

Damn, and they do make great games with a lot of content. They are - however - different games, and promise different things.
Damn, you weren't wrong, I didn't bother checking. It's odd because based on the variable names, it looks like minified JS but it also isn't since it's keeping all the standard whitespace. And it's not exactly "obfuscated" either.

Capture.PNG

It seems like they're not even importing whatever library they got that from, just pasting the source code directly? It's really odd.

In any case, let's not give him too much flak for it, it's an early pre-alpha or something like that.

Reactions: hawkloner

JadeKitten

Donor
Apr 27, 2017
Damn they really ruined this game didn't they? It looks like a completely different game now, it only has 5% of the content that 1.6 had, plus the character is really ugly now. Wtf happened to the faces, and why doesn't she have any makeup? Not even at prom...?

Where can I get the offline Patreon version of 1.6.3 from? The downloads in the OP are offline public / online patreon. Copying the ImagePack folder into the patreon version doesn't work - the game still loads online assets. I assume the 1.6 online stuff will be gone sooner or later, so I want to play the Patreon version but offline.

Last edited:

VoxAeterna

Apr 16, 2018
I feel like if you're going to revamp your game to such a degree that:

- It's unrecognizable from the previous, most recent version, in terms of content

- It's unrecognizable from the previous, most recent version, in terms of user experience

- It has a tiny tiny bit of content, to the extent that you'd have to go back to pre-alpha builds of the game to find similar amounts of content

- It has none, or a small amount of, smut (which is the whole purpose of the damn game!!)

Then you should at least not number your version like it's an upgrade. This feels like a restart, and should probably be labeled v0.1

Ravellon

Jan 17, 2018
Just wait 2 more months and it's going to be up to 1.6 level almost... more waiting =( but i don't think there will be delays once they catchup, it's straight to bangkok after.
Just like it was straight to Bangkok after every previous rework... right until that rework was done, at which point Bangkok was delayed for yet another rework.
What makes you think it'll be any different now?

Hentai_Kishi

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2018
I'm really trying to use the Patreon version here just so I can select multiple kinks in the character creation but no matter what I try there aren't any forward and backwards buttons, no selecting multiple kinks(the link to proceed just disappears) and it just seems that the Patreon version is the same as the normal version. Am I missing something? Do I have enough brain cells to play the Patreon version?

laddiestlad

Nov 23, 2017
honest question: do you get paid by crush to defend him? there's no way someone can post the shit you do without being paid to do it and more importantly, do it basically whenever someone criticises him in any way or form
also doing it for this fucking long despite your "hopes" being proven wrong every. single. fucking. "update". and several people proving your arguments wrong, too
if you don't: please get help
christ dude

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes