Apr 3, 2019
As soon as 1.6 is released we're going to see faster updates with 1.7 and 1.8, this is probably one of the best games on here. I'm glad crush is taking his time. Instead of pumping out a visual novel he's actually coding the customization patreon subscribers are paying for. When 1.7 comes out it will silence the critics for sure and the game will speak for itself. I'm glad I donated money toward the game.
I remember this one :KEK:

yaryaryar

Apr 30, 2018
Am I missing something? I literally cannot see a way to start this 1.8. I'm just on the changelog page lol.
I had the same issue. Ultrawide resolutions and/or high text size causes the hero banner to cover the "create character" button.

I would use chrome console and hide the hero image. Then you can start.

bdrk88

Oct 20, 2016
honest question: do you get paid by crush to defend him? there's no way someone can post the shit you do without being paid to do it and more importantly, do it basically whenever someone criticises him in any way or form
also doing it for this fucking long despite your "hopes" being proven wrong every. single. fucking. "update". and several people proving your arguments wrong, too
if you don't: please get help
christ dude
im almost certain it's the dev's second account, explains why the game isnt going anywhere considering he spends most his time posting here

Last edited:

BleepRose

Aug 12, 2017
No guys this time Crush will be focused and put out content. This time time is different because (insert dream).

prodigy

Sep 7, 2016
Thing is, other people updates brings content - not closed circle of revoking. This game litterly is same as at first month of relsese, or even less than that.

hallsigns

May 1, 2019
i agree with everyone; so i don't get why people feel like i don't.
1) this should be the last rework, ever, period.
2) the game needs story content and to move onto bangkok
3) 3 years is way too long to spend on the life path
4) it really sucks that a rework was necessary and it took so long to realize it was needed.

but this being said, i also agree with
asdfasdf12341234ACSACA
who like me doesn't believe this is an outright scam? of course he's free to change his opinion on that at any time.

i think i prefer to hold harsher criticisms until i actually see where this rework is going: which unfortunately means waiting even more time... since crush is basically playing catch up right now.

i understand it seems like a pattern, and it could be... but it could also be that crush is breaking the pattern and this is the last repeat. people make mistakes and development isn't always a smooth process to the finish line.

the fact that anyone thinks i might be crushstation kind of discredits themselves as being out of touch with reality... but all i can say is i'm not him and we've barely spoken. in fact i've only directly communicated with crush in the last day or so, very briefly.

this is not really an US vs them situation for me, and i think when people are frustrated/aggravated then they can act less mature sometimes, but i totally get it and understand the anger. i just don't think anyone even really disagrees about what's wrong, including crushstation.. it's more about how do we fix it and how do we express it in a way that has some empathy. crush agrees the updates are slow, that there needs to be story content, it's why he just reworked the whole fucking game :D

of course i could be eating my words by february, but no convincing will make me change my mind; i just really need to see where the game is at by february.
Eh... I think that it's way more realistic to double any timeline Crush gives at this point - and that is being nice in my opinion. I just think it's scummy more than scammy that Crush has not chosen to suspend Patreon donations or warn new patrons/fans that there could be delays during the development of this game. He can do this and has chosen not to. There were long periods of time with little to no updates and times when he AFK'd even from his own Patreon and Discord. I, also, worry for all new fans that don't take the time to read reviews or comments on sites this game posts to. Every time there is a release there are comments or reviews on here that don't acknowledge the issues this game is having with updates and content because they are new fans. These are people that are going to give their hard-earned money to probably only be disappointed. And yes that is their choice - but it is scummy of Crush to do nothing to mitigate this.

Ravellon

Jan 17, 2018
1) this should be the last rework, ever, period.
This is not the view of people shitting on this game for its update rate. Our opinion is that this rework should've never happened, as is the case for every rework for the last two or so years.

4) it really sucks that a rework was necessary and it took so long to realize it was needed.
It is not necessary. What is necessary is to move the game forward and clearly that's not in works. At all.

GodlessXVIII

Jun 25, 2018
i just don't think anyone even really disagrees about what's wrong, including crushstation.. it's more about how do we fix it and how do we express it in a way that has some empathy. crush agrees the updates are slow, that there needs to be story content, it's why he just reworked the whole fucking game :D
Using the power of empathy :

Imagine you've been publicly working on a creative project for the last 3 years and all you have to show is a prologue that's constantly being reworked. 3 years is a long time! You ask yourself if other creators who spend that much time on an intro ever end up with something finished. You ask yourself if maybe your interest has waned...

BUT! You're paid 5k a month for this project. You're paid the equivalent of a full-time professional salary without supervision, with no hard deadline or milestone to follow, as long as you maintain the appearances of working occasionally. In fact, being paid on a monthly basis independent of any result or oversight provides an incentive for stretching development time longer and longer...

Let's say your interest in this project has in fact been waning (only a prologue in 3 years :( ), ask yourself, would you be honest with your funders, or would you try to maintain your cash flow regardless? Especially considering that you work under an alias and are completely insulated from any repercussion or moral sanction?

Of course, Bangkok could also be just around the corner and the LAST THREE YEARS were a fluke.

Last edited:

bsr2

Apr 11, 2018
As much as I like the new character models....I have to say this is all you have to show? A prologue with zero content?

Man would I be made if I was someone that gave this dev money....

Reactions: KingRei and Rixen
Apr 3, 2019
Do you guys know what a rework means? :D or should I say: do you know what i mean by a rework?

Statements given by players about female agent:
1) this rework was not necessary
2) there have been X amount of reworks before this.

There haven't been X amount of reworks before this. This is a code base change. That's why the game literally looks fucking different :ROFLMAO:, because it's been re-organized at the code level.

Past "reworks" were crush implementing more customization and being a feature freak. That is not a rework that is just the developer focusing on things he thought were important for far too long, instead of being decisive and moving on with the story.

This rework was *absolutely* necessary because it means updates will be 3x faster than before, and everything is way easier to implement. It's easier to write story content. It's easier to code now. It's easier to add graphics to the game now.

Of course correct me if I'm wrong and if crush actually changed how the game is coded in the past? IF so then all I can say is I've only been around 1 year.

View attachment 888501
View attachment 888502
I ask you this: In what world is "so I guess nobody liked the tanlines we added, we'll spend the next three months remaking them" and "Hmm I'm not liking the Dubai scene, I'm going to spend the next 6 months reworking it and The Mighty Sex Engine™ " not considered a rework?

I could see "We decided to add more makeup and clothing options so we have to touch on the wardrobe code" not considered a rework, but "We did this, now we're remaking it" is the definition of rework.

belallo

Dec 17, 2019
This rework was *absolutely* necessary because it means updates will be 3x faster than before, and everything is way easier to implement. It's easier to write story content. It's easier to code now. It's easier to add graphics to the game now.
Hasn't Crush been using tweego for a couple of years now? And sure, now the graphics are easier to add (uglier, but easier). But how exactly does rewriting the intro make the game easier to either write or code? It's a goddamn twine game, it's not exactly revolutionising the world of interactive fiction.

It's been said a zillion times before, but the real problem with this focus on the introduction is that Crush plans for the actual meat of the game to be an open world prostitution simulator, not a rigidly linear CYOA structure like the intro currently is. It's a different type of game that requires some different thinking, and while it's not that much more difficult to implement, unless Crush has really planned out how it's going to function and how he's going to deliver content updates to his audience regularly, no amount of polishing up his intro is going to help him write Bangkok faster. He needs to prototype the open world and figure out how his actual game is going to work, and there's no indication he's done any thinking about that at all in the last three years, beyond writing a few dozen lists of things that would be really cool to include.

projectsagefan

May 2, 2020
Wow, I hadn't played this in a while, started up the new version. Looks like there's been a lot done judging by how it looks a lot different.. start up the game, get really into customising the character just right and then it just ends before it begins. I know this seemed like a promising game at the time but it's been such a long time that I'm just absolutely baffled there are still 2300 patreons that pay monthly for absolutely nothing.

It's one thing to say you have a great open world system planned and it's taking much longer to get to a release state than you anticipated, it's another to keep tweaking the stuff that's already done in a way that doesn't create any actual value other than to show a bit of something was tweaked so keep paying. That to me seems like intentionally malicious behavior from the dev. Typically I would give the benefit of the doubt since making a good game is hard and it's understandable if projects get abandoned but this just doesn't seem like they're operating in an honest way.

Last edited:

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
There haven't been X amount of reworks before this. This is a code base change. That's why the game literally looks fucking different :ROFLMAO:, because it's been re-organized at the code level.
This is both. So the avatar system code has changed, this will meet his improvement target in there are not as many variations. It will reduce the number of images (unless he adds more bodyshapes). The look has changed, but that is fairly trivial, after all it is a website stylesheet. The rework is on the written content, some bits were copied from 1.6, some bits newly written. I don't know which ones as I'm pretty indifferent about the growing up part. Development processes and tools have changed, but to be honest the only constant is Tweego for compiling. The rest I can't keep up with. It may be easier to write content, fairly linear content has always been quite easy to write/collaborate on. The hard part is branching and variable selected chunks of text, it turns into a brainstorming session on drugs.

Bottomline it is a rework and so far a simplification, as long as it stays simple I think it will progress quickly. There are still two big hurdles, firstly any new sex engine and a big hurdle for the open world system (if implemented as pure openworld). I agreed with his team in the Kokblocked post (Dissenting Opinion) but it is a hard call, the lifepath update would deliver quicker, the open world part harder.

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
Been through the rework song and dance before. Possible that this is one of the (rare) cases where it's more than just milking the patreons, but kinda skeptical given thier record for the last 2-3 years... Last real content addition was what, 2 years ago now? Pretty much everything added since then has been fluff, and is being redone on top of that... Sure, being able to customize the backstory is nice, but in my opinion at least it isn't worth halting the development for several years, especially if you don't have a solid enough grasp of what's needed that you need to scrap it and start over.

Always hate making posts on this thread, they tend to be negative and this is one that I nearly hopped on the supporter train for a couple years back since it was well written, hit a couple of my kinks, and had a potentially interesting story (decided not to since I always wait a couple updates too see how much per update, and wasn't impressed). Hoping that this rework will be enough for them to get their shit together and actually make the game, but based on their track record I'm expecting to be disappointed again.

Any guesses on if it will take them 6 months or a year and a half to get them back to the point that they're ready to start working on Bankok (which they were at 2 years back, based on their own comments...).

Reactions: MidaHanna

quauwdsi

Oct 30, 2017
Guys do you know some similars games to this one ?
Check out Pyorgara's stuff:

Lots of corruption based games.

He already has 2 completed games and the 3rd one is just about finalized too. Good writing backed with decent graphics. Honestly it's also kinda crazy he only pulls about $1.2k with ~3 complete games compared to Crush/FA pulling >$5k for something even less than a prologue.

Reactions: jojf and Fayzer

Fayzer

Oct 30, 2019
Check out Pyorgara's stuff:

Lots of corruption based games.

He already has 2 completed games and the 3rd one is just about finalized too. Good writing backed with decent graphics. Honestly it's also kinda crazy he only pulls about $1.2k with ~3 complete games compared to Crush/FA pulling >$5k for something even less than a prologue.
thanks you guy :)

Reactions: quauwdsi
3.60 star(s) 119 Votes