BizeBire

Oct 23, 2017
I have NEVER heard of a "game developer" openly admitting that the "update" they are releasing is actually just "an experiment" before.
Mate, are you high? 99% of alpha testing is 'lets try this, see what happens" and this game is in this stage of development. It's happening all the time everywhere. The only difference is there are people who are paying Crush to be able to test his project.

Apr 3, 2019
Holy shit! He publicly admitted that the "update" was "an experiment"?

I have NEVER heard of a "game developer" openly admitting that the "update" they are releasing is actually just "an experiment" before. That is basically admitting that once you get additional content involved, you can easily pull the "update" out of the product and then turn around and claim "it was only an experiment all along". Or, simply yank out portions, blow it all off as an 'experiment", and then at any moment place it BACK into the game under "NEW content" and claim the "experiment worked".

My god, this is openly admitting to not even WANT to work on the project, simply teasing adding/subtracting content at a WHIM and always being able to point back to this post as "justification" all along.
Uh...not to defend him or anything, but he literally said "the next update is going to be an experiment":

1623680306356.png

Here:

Reactions: kcj300

herrzimm1

Jun 11, 2020
Mate, are you high? 99% of alpha testing is 'lets try this, see what happens" and this game is in this stage of development. It's happening all the time everywhere. The only difference is there are people who are paying Crush to be able to test his project.

Except that 99% of those alpha testings are ANNOUNCED testings. Crush didn't even do THAT. He claimed an "update" but pulled out an old "experiment format" from almost a YEAR ago, and then tried to pass off THIS update as a "new" experiment process.

See what I was trying to get at? Alpha-Beta testing is one thing, mostly because it is announced AHEAD of time. Crush did the old "switch-a-roo" by claiming "update" but instead using an OLD 'experiment" that he already announced was going to be the NEW format a year ago. Completely different things, as the Alpha-Beta testing will iron our the wrinkles, NOT be used as a justification to yank something out "because it was only an experiment". An "experiment" that has now been used TWICE and will likely be used yet again at some point when Crush decides it is time to 'revisit' old content yet again over some 'format change'.

Last edited:

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
Yeah, except his "experiment" was one he did ALMOST A YEAR AGO!
I'm pretty sure the experiment in this context was putting the lifepath on the backburner, potentially for ever. The experiment was whether the patrons would say, no go back and complete the Lifepath, or just carry on.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I have pretty much given up on this game ever actually going anywhere. I played the latest version and there is less content now than it had over a year ago, before the early life path revamp happened.

I mean this game is how old now? And only has like 20 mins of game play in the current release.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Easy narrative change there, say we need eyes and ears in the club both to help ID, and help neutralise bodyguards and help our team enter (open fire escape). Unbeknown to the agent, but known to JTF is that the target goes to the club to do the dirty with Western promotions girls.

Still the key is the next major update, forwards into new territory or not.
Maybe, but that is not the game that was promised and advertised... that game was about western agent going to work as a prostitute. Not topless bartender. Prostitute.

If the game was about topless bartender from the start, nobody would even remember it by now considering the way development went...

I said it a few years ago that I have a feeling Crush doesn't have a clue about what to do once he get to Bangkok which is why he's wasting time on pointless stuff like avatar, dice roll, random NPC generator (which seem to be dropped), etc. and this proves I was right about that. He really have no clue what to do with the game of even what this game is supposed to be about.

fafar

May 27, 2017
Meanwhile, fans are paying for this concept 6653$ per mounth. The project is not developing at all. A whole year was spent on the prologue and description of the character's growing up. Fans are just milked like cows and released some minor insignificant updates. 6000 $ !!! In the beta of Dungerous & Prisoners, there was even more content and an ambitious project was viewed.

flescu

Jan 31, 2017
Played last time when the story around growing up was added and thought it was not bad at that time.
With the latest version it feels like i'm playing the first version ever released again.

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
Since 1.12.1 was available for free, I downloaded it, and immediately closed it after clicking Create a Character. What a miserable attempt. No, I don't want it even for free. Age is locked at 26. There is no body customization. How exactly does a game go backwards in progress?

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Meanwhile, fans are paying for this concept 6653$ per mounth. The project is not developing at all. A whole year was spent on the prologue and description of the character's growing up. Fans are just milked like cows and released some minor insignificant updates. 6000 $ !!! In the beta of Dungerous & Prisoners, there was even more content and an ambitious project was viewed.
I'm starting to suspect this is a money laundering operation... if for no other reason that I refuse to believe there is so many gullible people willing to give him money for something he will never deliver.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
How would this be laundering money? Not disagreeing, just confused. If people are handing him money and he keeps it...that's just normal economics -- idiotic people, but still.

Laundering would require him taking money and then paying it back to other people, taking a cut. Or, him giving money to himself, which means he isn't actually making money to the degree it seems he is.

DarthSion98

May 31, 2020
I think this game has become one of those where the creator has become the biggest roadblock to progress. Like Free Cities back in the day before it was abandoned and then revived by a team of creators. And what's happening to Lilith's Throne right now.

The more money they get, the less likely they're going to get anything of substance done.

The only way this game will flourish is if a group of people make a github of it and starting working on it themselves, like what's happening with Free Cities right now. Only then will shit actually get done.

herrzimm1

Jun 11, 2020
I think this game has become one of those where the creator has become the biggest roadblock to progress. Like Free Cities back in the day before it was abandoned and then revived by a team of creators. And what's happening to Lilith's Throne right now.

The more money they get, the less likely they're going to get anything of substance done.

The only way this game will flourish is if a group of people make a github of it and starting working on it themselves, like what's happening with Free Cities right now. Only then will shit actually get done.
Other than a couple of hiccups here and there behind the scenes, this has worked amazingly well for Girl's Life (Formerly ETO)

A group of creators jumped in, worked back-n-forth through Github and made the content FLOURISH with re-writes, new characters, new content, and several mods being either worked into the game or gaining their own fanbase (Looking at you Whore Life Mod).

The ONLY drawback is the fact that if a group of creators were to attempt to take over, you would need ONE unified voice/figure to evaluate production from the other people. Kevin Smith has done a great job, but appears to be either overwhelmed himself with re-working the whole "clothing option" portion, or hampered left-n-right with having to keep other people on the ball. So, that "one voice" helps with production, but can be bogged down with simply trying to keep it all together behind the scenes.

So, yeah. I would LOVE to see a group get together and iron out some serious content/improvements to FA. I'm only worried that it may "bloat" so much that it will simply become "too much to handle" no matter how large your group is.

Apr 3, 2019

I might be focusing too much on technicalities, but the project isn't exactly forkable as it is. Or rather, it is forkable but doing so is somewhat useless.

Let's assume that the art assets are copyrighted/can't be reused for some reason (a realistic situation after all). If someone were to fork the project, compared to simply starting with default Sugarcube, all they would get is:

- A decent default UI paint job: Definitely nice to have, saves a couple of days of work, a week tops
- A couple of linear scenes (branches that meet at the same endpoint is still linear) : The scenes are good, but they're just singled out scenes.
- The dice animation scene and notification code that are just copypasted JS libraries: Admittedly nice thing to have sorted out, but not a huge thing.

My point is not "This game only takes an evening to remake!", but rather, that trying to fork an existing project always comes with headaches since you basically need to understand, redocument and rewrite some parts before you even get started, and in this case, there's not that much meat to be gained that would justify having to do that "understanding" compared to simply starting from the beginning

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I think this game has become one of those where the creator has become the biggest roadblock to progress. Like Free Cities back in the day before it was abandoned and then revived by a team of creators.

Wrong. Don't even compare FCauthor to Crushstation.

Jul 21, 2019
I Thank you for your game and its very helpful. Lots of different styles and techniques by your game. I am looking forward if it could be sale on steam or other platforms. I am supporting you Crushstation! The avatar and info in the game so much details. It feels like i am playing games of Hitman or Beyond 2 Souls (as a female and can do perversion and do the fucking jobs) This game has a lot of potential and you have my support. Do not give up. its kinda different from other games. I feel hungry when looking at those food pictures in the game. The awesome photos in Malaysia and in Asia and in other nations. You would have Malaysian supports too for advertising this south east asian country. You can also work with other developers when you want to make other games or to improve your visualization or improving techniques build in the animation games. They are so nice with beautiful environment and good story lines and has many endings and dialogues to choose from. I cannot wait for further patches in this game. I would stay tune on your works. Good Luck Crushstation.

*Thumbs Up*

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 117 Votes