DarthSion98

May 31, 2020
To make a mod you need solid base, like proper playing loop and working systems. This game has nothing of it. If you add it yourself it is not a mod but whole game itself.
There are loops already there, the sex system.

The rest of the system are also there, like the dice rolling and all that stuff.

I've looked through the stuff using Twine. Update 1.6.3 is pretty comprehensive in terms of everything.

Did he say $10K/month?
Wtf? I've been doing GL for free for years, I'm an idiot.
Any preferences in regard to the cash cow I can shit out?
I did.
Female Agent dev's Patreon shows just over $8100 CAD (Canadian dollars) / month as of today.
And it's been almost a full year since the release of 1.6.3.
Doing a bit of math and estimations, the FA dev could have very well hit $10K CAD / month had be continued working on the storyline instead of milking the cash cow.

belallo

Dec 17, 2019
I would like to have at least 3 artists, another 2 writers to help me out and at least 3-4 coders to turn all that writing and art into working code.
What on earth for? There's literally nothing to build on in either version of FA. If you're going to recruit that many people who know what they're doing (which is not gonna happen lbr), you'd be better off writing your own erotic spy game and coding something more interesting to play than 1.6's sex system.

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
After closely examining the system and progress of update 1.6.3, I have come to realize that it is a crossroads. The perfect point to start creating a mod.
You would be better off starting again. The art pack would be handy, but you would have to ask Crush to use it, or rebuild it. Worth noting that the number of layers in it, did actaully make it a pain to code, though that was made more difficult with the Lifepath changing outfit every couple of passages.

It does longer to write CYOA over a straight story, and can be tricky to bring impact of choices back in. A lot of CYOA ends up with dead ends as the writer creates a pyramid. Lifepath was easier as it was totally linear, the actual mission.......... How much should that change with the character, or how much do you need to write differently for the character to reflect on their previous life experiences.

Reactions: stochastic

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
Definitely the laughable situation, where people are paying Crush to scam them, is why I have been hanging out here lately. It's interesting, that people would rather throw money away on delaying posts with stock photos, instead of paying for a game that is actually progressing and noticeably functional. I mean, why not just acquire the stock photos and make a simple script that just sends excuse messages to you while picking a random photo every week? It's really interesting psychologically.

Hmmm, it's an idea. I could write that program up in about a day. "Patreon Scam Simulator."

Last edited:

redliight

Mar 25, 2017
To make a mod you need solid base, like proper playing loop and working systems. This game has nothing of it. If you add it yourself it is not a mod but whole game itself.
The idea is the base, in this project it's very alluring, at least it used to. Without the idea it's impossible to create the product, but I believe Crush had amazing idea, amazing intors, and either got lost in it or he's truly milking scumbag, I'd rather to believe the former, but either way. Mods won't be hard to implement.

Reactions: DarthSion98

herrzimm1

Jun 11, 2020
Did he say $10K/month?
Wtf? I've been doing GL for free for years, I'm an idiot.
Any preferences in regard to the cash cow I can shit out?

Come on, Kevin. You know as well as I do that if you so much as DARED to milk GL the way Crush milks FA, that GL fans would turn on you in a heartbeat. I mean, yeah, the GL crew DESERVES to be earning $10k/Month because of QUALITY. But you put GL on the same drip-drip-bi/tri monthly release of FA, it would destroy the entire project.

I mean, I don't want my GL game getting maybe all of ONE new "scene"/"image" every 2-3 months and be paraded around as an "update". Hell, you put GL on the same "milking model" as FA, and you will be "re-working the clothes options" for the next 30 years and ONLY be done with one store.

hallsigns

May 1, 2019
Definitely the laughable situation, where people are paying Crush to scam them, is why I have been hanging out here lately. It's interesting, that people would rather throw money away on delaying posts with stock photos, instead of paying for a game that is actually progressing and noticeably functional. I mean, why not just acquire the stock photos and make a simple script that just sends excuse messages to you while picking a random photo every week? It's really interesting psychologically.

Hmmm, it's an idea. I could write that program up in about a day. "Patreon Scam Simulator."

If you think this is funny - you should check out the reverse of his stans propping him up on his discord server.

Reactions: D4n0w4r

Minolin

Jul 31, 2018
I used to hate the dev but now I rather admire him, mind you I've never spent a dollar on his ass.
To "work" on such a shitty browser game and pull in 6k USD a month scratching your balls, while you can actually hire people off the side for a fraction of that and put out an update every few months just to keep the money coming in?
Simply based.

DarthSion98

May 31, 2020
I invested in this game for a few months I think in 2019 or thereabouts. There hasn't been a single iota of forward progress since then and the guy is raking in the dinero. I don't understand people, I really don't. How can anyone keep supporting this?
People are not as smart as you think.

I used to hate the dev but now I rather admire him, mind you I've never spent a dollar on his ass.
To "work" on such a shitty browser game and pull in 6k USD a month scratching your balls, while you can actually hire people off the side for a fraction of that and put out an update every few months just to keep the money coming in?
Simply based.
It's basically a legal version of fraud, with willing victims.

DarthSion98

May 31, 2020
If he'd put as much effort into writing for the game as he does writing up giant dev reports then the game would be finished years ago.
And the cash flow on Patreon would have dried up accordingly.

Milk the Cash Cow until you can't.

Say, are there any 2D artists and/or Twine Sugarcube coders here?

I'm still looking for personnel for Project Revamp (mod of Female Agent by continuing development of the "old" version, 1.6.3).

Apr 3, 2019
I'm honestly still surprised he seems so...conflicted? Worried? About whether or not to put the Lifepath as it currently stands in the game.

It literally takes more effort, coding wise, to take it out and then initialize character related variables than to just leave it as is and continue making the next scene with a big "10 YEARS LATER...." passage inbetween.

Reactions: Arkady
3.50 star(s) 117 Votes