Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
To all who might be interested,

After playing through the "all content enabled" version of 1.6.3 kindly provided to me by shadow_panther, I have come to a conclusion.

The devs of this game have become just like Innoxia (dev of Lilith's Throne). The UI and graphics change was an excuse, just like when Innoxia abandoned the party system in LT. Progress came to an immediate halt and there were no more major development in terms of storyline, just endless incremental updates for tertiary stuff like new species and whatnot.
Crushstation is going to milk this cash cow for every dollar it can produce. There will be no further development for months maybe even years.

You might be wondering though, why this has anything to do with my proposal.

After closely examining the system and progress of update 1.6.3, I have come to realize that it is a crossroads. The perfect point to start creating a mod. A mod that will finish the game starting from where 1.6.3 left off and improve on some secondary features at the same time. After completing the main story, we can clean the bugs and add secondary tertiary features until the mod is complete. Also, the mod will be a stand-alone. No need to download anything else, kind of like the Free Cities mod (Pregmod) in a way.

I believe the older system is easier to mod and has far more content and customization available, though at least 3 artists are needed to sort thorough the pile of art and make some new art. :LOL:

However, because this is a free mod, there will be no tangible benefit from joining this mod project. Yet the intangible benefits of participating are immeasurable. This mod project can be the building block, the cornerstone of your reputation as a artist, writer and/or coder. And we can always go and make our own games after completing this mod, our very own $10K/month cash cow.

As for myself, I am a experienced writer primarily working on SFW stuff, though I've also done some NSFW written work. I'm also learning how to make my own games on Twine Sugarcube, but I wouldn't call myself experienced or anything like that.

Ideally, this mod team will divided into 3 groups (with overlap); coders, writers, and artists.
I would like to have at least 3 artists, another 2 writers to help me out and at least 3-4 coders to turn all that writing and art into working code.

So I say, we stop complaining about the dev milking the cash cow and get to work building the mod of our dreams.
Anyone who is interested, send me a PM on F95 with your Discord, a little intro about yourself, and what group you'd like to work in (you can put more than one, of course). We'll go from there and make our little Discord, where we can discuss and vote on the main storyline and the other stuff.

Thanks in advance for reading through my horrendous wall of text,

-Black Dragon
Good luck BD, this is a really good idea. Also consider you won't need tons of art, the core of the game should be writing\roleplaying. I also suggest going for subscriberstar (yes, make your own game and take the support from this milker).
Consider opening your own thread for the project, it will attract more attention (I don't follow this thread or project anymore, it's just a waste of my time) and keep things more organized (I don't like discord either :p)

Last edited:

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Come on, Kevin. You know as well as I do that if you so much as DARED to milk GL the way Crush milks FA, that GL fans would turn on you in a heartbeat. I mean, yeah, the GL crew DESERVES to be earning $10k/Month because of QUALITY. But you put GL on the same drip-drip-bi/tri monthly release of FA, it would destroy the entire project.

I mean, I don't want my GL game getting maybe all of ONE new "scene"/"image" every 2-3 months and be paraded around as an "update". Hell, you put GL on the same "milking model" as FA, and you will be "re-working the clothes options" for the next 30 years and ONLY be done with one store.
I feel like I've been re-workiing the clothing for the last 30 years already.

Domitori

Apr 16, 2020
The perfect point to start creating a mod.
While the dev would continue to milk his patrons?

However, because this is a free mod, there will be no tangible benefit from joining this mod project.
You mean for the actual content makers, not the ultimate milker.

This mod project can be the building block, the cornerstone of your reputation as a artist, writer and/or coder.
This is what everyone expects from an artist - work for free, and you would benefit by
getting reputation\karma\likes. It's not that there is no such thing as a free hobby projects. Just why bother when there is an actual paid developer. He can hire someone with this much support.

And we can always go and make our own games after completing this mod, our very own $10K/month cash cow.
Then go and start one. Why you even consider participating in this one? This makes me think that you are this game author, and you want to find yourself some free content creators.

As for myself, I am a experienced writer primarily working on SFW stuff, though I've also done some NSFW written work. I'm also learning how to make my own games on Twine Sugarcube, but I wouldn't call myself experienced or anything like that.
Get an experience by making your own game. As a writer you would be able to go far with twine.

So I say, we stop complaining about the dev milking the cash cow and get to work building the mod of our dreams.
Again, are you a dev-in-disguise? "Quit whining and go make me a game!" :ROFLMAO:

elliet93

Jun 5, 2017
Quit your whining and make Marcus a dateable NPC already. :p
Truer words ne'er were spake.

Also, I've never spoken to you, Kevin Smarts, but just wanted to say thanks for a great game that I've stuck with for a long, long time now--enough so that I've even learned a bit of QSP coding for this single game just so that I can make my own little tweaks here and there. Really the only game I've cared enough about to do that. Once upon a time, thought the game the current thread is purportedly about could have been another..... Ha. So yes, please make Marcus a dateable NPC :LOL:, but also, thank you to you and the other folks who have made, and continue to make, GL a great game. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin Smarts

lordrango

Aug 29, 2018
So, let me guess - we have new stuff added in the prologue? :)

It's mind boggling that this game hasn't moved past prologue for several years. Shame, it had potential.

Reactions: D4n0w4r

Arkady

May 15, 2018
So... he's going into parallel development of Character Creator Unlimited and The Actual Fucking Game, and in a year or so, he'll once again have to reboot the project because he figures out that re-integrating them won't work so well if you didn't actually plan for it properly - right?

DarthSion98

May 31, 2020
So... he's going into parallel development of Character Creator Unlimited and The Actual Fucking Game, and in a year or so, he'll once again have to reboot the project because he figures out that re-integrating them won't work so well if you didn't actually plan for it properly - right?
He'd be halfway done the whole game had he stuck with 1.6.3 and kept making new content. It's been almost a year since 1.6.3 came out, lol.

It's also the reason why I started mod project. I believe that 1.6.3 (despite the problems it has) is a viable point for future development.

Reactions: ClownBug

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Does the tiny amount of content the game has warrant such level of discussion?
Instead of talking about the content people talk about lack of it or the devs personhood. Whats the logic?

jamiroq

May 2, 2019
Since phrase/meme "Soon tm" has been used by the dev couple of times to appear more relatable, here's a little trivia:

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
Instead of talking about the content people talk about lack of it or the devs personhood. Whats the logic?
It's to discuss why people are paying for it. It's like paying for a blog, so it becomes a curiosity and some strange lesson on human nature.

Reactions: Mwanted

DarthSion98

May 31, 2020
It's to discuss why people are paying for it. It's like paying for a blog, so it becomes a curiosity and some strange lesson on human nature.
It's the same reason why successful scams make money.

And why the creator of Lilith's Throne is making $81K a year on her Subscribestar despite the lack of any real content for over a year.

DarthSion98

May 31, 2020
I just went to her Subscribestar page and did a few multiplications and additions.

Just over $81K/year.

You really should get a team together Kevin Smarts and go make your own adult game.

Fortune favors the bold, after all.

If you need a good NSFW writer, just send me a PM here on F95. I'm always up for opportunity.

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
I just went to her Subscribestar page and did a few multiplications and additions.

Just over $81K/year.

You really should get a team together Kevin Smarts and go make your own adult game.

Fortune favors the bold, after all.

If you need a good NSFW writer, just send me a PM here on F95. I'm always up for opportunity.
What I'm worried about is this: Once people get that big money, they lose their creative hunger and spend they rest of their lives posting apology posts or non-updates. I know of very few that remain productive once they make cash goals.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
People like to demonstrate their conviction that they are the smartest person in the room.

• Angry
Reactions: D4n0w4r

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Based Inno, one of the few devs who flipped Patreon the bird when they requested her to remove the incest stuff.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes