luccia87

Jun 6, 2017
Well ... I have to say that I liked it. The atmosphere created is good and the possibilities of choice fair with some variables. It is missing more possibility of choices in sexual moments or even the possibility of getting into sexual trouble if you force the engine.
I wish that the dreams of the protagonist of lapdance and the VIP room could be real and that they are described in depth, both very hot situations.
As a suggestion, I would put the protagonist in a chapter to surpass the HardCock show with a fuckmachine type performance that I attended in a club in Barcelona and that has been the most daring and erotic I have seen live, better than boy / girl or girl / girl. Girl Vs Machine and the girl leaving the machine like shit.

Anyway I liked it. Too bad I have completely lost confidence in Chrustation. On the contrary, I would consider supporting him.

But everything has redemption.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Crushstation

hallsigns

May 1, 2019
Only an English lifepath has been written, you pick another nationality and your character will be growing up in England! Then Crush got as far as year 2 at Uni. 'Kate' is at least 24 for the Bangkok mission so the Lifepath will miss 4.5 years of her adult life (most of it). The current English lifepath is half complete. While a US, NZ, Aus or Can Lifepath can borrow stuff, they will all need bespoke customisation. What Crush does for the Lifepath makes a huge difference on when the game is completed, noting the Lifepath half built was a good 7 months work.
At one point there was story written for all of university for England, Australia, and America into adulthood and the mission start. It was all taken out...

Reactions: Dracis3D
Nov 15, 2020
I agree that this was a good update. It took a while, as usual, but it was the biggest update I can remember. That deserves some credit.

The description of the Hard Cock Café and the whole shift there really impressed me as well–Crush writes to the senses, as Joe Steel said. There's so many details that together create the whole atmosphere: the one-way mirror and the cameras broadcasting to the VIP room, how the bargirls "disappear" and re-enter throughout the night, the drops that hit her body when she taps beer, how the costumers get gradually more bold as the night passes… and so on and so on.

While it was surprising that her boss joined her at the hostel instead of some fancy hotel room, it was a nice touch to entangle Kate's work life and her "safe zone" away from the café. It's going to be interesting to see if she manages to keep some distance between those two spheres and create some kind of healthy, normal social life… Or if she'll just end up as the topless bartender to her backpacker friends as well.

It would've been nice with some more meaningful choices, though. Maybe it will be introduced once the whole setting is further established. My only playthrough was with all kinks and mostly chosing the most daring alternatives, so I don't know how much different things play out with a more reserved Kate, but I found some of her reactions a bit over the top. Obviously it's necessary that Kate is turned on by some aspects of her undercover role, but to me some of the "I'd never been as turned on in my whole life" kind of formulations were a bit too much this soon. But that's only minor details in what was all in all a very promising update.

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
If the new vision is to make a simple visual novel with no branching choices, I'm only intrigued if it actually leads to an increased rate of content creation. If we have to wait another 4 years for the next scene, then I will not change my tune.

As it stands, there are mainly two types of content creators out there: those who regularly output product updates, and those who go for months or years at a time. Out of the latter type, I noticed that they all posted something in November to early December, no doubt trying to get extra subscribers for Christmas spending.

fafar

May 27, 2017
With the development of the game in Bangkok, it became clear that the author's visual novel is better than an RPG. But the credibility of the author has already been lost. Even this version they are going to finish for two weeks (during the holidays). It won't surprise me if the next "major" update comes out in 3-4 months.

Riven

Aug 6, 2016
It's kinda impressive how after all this time, Crush still fails to deliver basic game features. The amount you earn during your first shift never changes. Why? It's a part of a text. There is no variable for tracking your money.

Same goes for your relationships with NPCs. All the "x liked/disliked" messages are purely cosmetic.

Your kinks also hardly ever influence the situation. Why can't my exhibitionist agent sell her panties? Why doesn't she enjoy the spanks she gets while getting back behind the bar if she's a submissive masochist?

On the plus side, the writing was great.

Blockout

Mar 26, 2017
I mean sure we are in Bangkok but maaaan the entire origin story is gone which gave you some control how your character came to be.
And the sex scenes used to be pretty great, again because of the control you had.
Now it's just "get fucked".

Might as well make a clickable story at that point.

Gufflsupp

Aug 23, 2021
I really have to say I'm impressed by the depth of writing in v1.14.
I was very disappointed by the recent updates as it seemed Crushstation was only baiting us by telling there would be the next ultraubersuperduper update with loads of content soon.

This time he kept to what was already done and instead delivered some content.

Of course there are still a lot of things to fix for 1.14 and there could be more choices, but the way crush wrote the story really lets you emerge into the described situation.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Crushstation

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
I haven't played it yet, but I think his problem was never really the writing or even continuation of certain storylines or content, it was just the overall trajectory that didn't exist. It was all over the place. Yes, I still believe that stats and skills should have an impact, if you included them in the first place, but if he actually strings together different updates, then I am kind of okay with the speed of things.

That being said I think it might be better to stop the story part at this point, so that he can implement the lifepath and find a use for the mechanics. After all, I am not sure how you can go forward with a game, without having a plan for different kinks and stuff. The more you write now, the harder it gets to put everything together.

So find a use for the skills and stuff and get it in or get rid of it, so you no longer have to wste time on coding it.

btw didn't they make a change at some point during this year so that they could allow other authors to write parts of the story? Did that ever happen?

Reactions: Geffe

Arkady

May 15, 2018
btw didn't they make a change at some point during this year so that they could allow other authors to write parts of the story? Did that ever happen?
Gods I hope not. Any attempt at a third-party contribution would just give Crush an excuse to edit the not-hot-enough writing for months and again avoid putting any actual work into finally getiting to the long-promised game part of the linear interactive novel.

Nintendoboy80

Jun 17, 2018
It truly is baffling that people are still paying this much every month for a game that has basically not evolved at all in three years. If any half-decent developer out there wanted to make some EZ cash, they'd take the same premise and make another game. They'd clearly make a killing.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
It truly is baffling that people are still paying this much every month for a game that has basically not evolved at all in three years. If any half-decent developer out there wanted to make some EZ cash, they'd take the same premise and make another game. They'd clearly make a killing.
It truly is baffling that the 41st person reads that 40 people have made this exact same comment over the course of three years, and still thinks it worthwhile to spend lifespan saying it for the 41st time.

If it is so easy, do it.

Nessy

Sep 29, 2017
Oh wow, I didn't expect them to actually advance the main story within the year.

I also didn't expect them to scrap the entire rest of the game's writing for the third time, but I guess it's literally impossible for them to have any kind of progress on that project.

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
If any half-decent developer out there wanted to make some EZ cash, they'd take the same premise and make another game. They'd clearly make a killing.
It is not EZ cash, requires more time than you would think. Writing CYOA takes at least 3x more than a straight story per word count. To be a competitor to Crush you would want to put in 20hrs a week developing, then you have the marketing/engagement time. Hard to do with a full time job and not all games attract interest/Patrons. Crush is probably one of the highest grossing written games on Patreon.

You also need your work hours to be uninterupted, and need to put in a minimum of 60 mins at a time for writing. I get interupted all the time in my free time, or lifes mundane jobs take prioirty (cutting the grass). Happy to direct this to another thread as totally off topic.

aaasssddd

Sep 1, 2019
Just played the new update and wow that was a pretty hectic first day at the club. Groped, walked the streets advertising the club, saw a hardcore G/G show, did blow in the backroom with the VIPS and got rawdogged by the boss. I think Kate will be getting gangbanged on stage within the week if we keep this pace

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
It does take a great deal of time to write a good branching narrative game, which is why most of them derail. It also takes a more-than-negligible amount of time to write good Patreon posts that draw attention. What we've seen here, is that if you want money, make good Patreon posts. Making a good branching game does not, without good Patreon posts, make money.

Reactions: Joe Steel

TheDeviant

Aug 7, 2017

Hey guys! We've been fixing some bugs, and working on content this week. As promised last week, we'll drop the general release a few days early this time, on Christmas Eve.
Feedback here, on Discord and in DMs has been greta, so I'm looking forward to getting this out to the whole community! (I've got some comments and reflections to share, but they'll wait until everybody's had a chance to play it.)
Okay that's it for today. See you in a few days with the general release!
Hey guys! We've been fixing some bugs, and working on content this week. As promised last week, we'll drop the general release a few days early this time, on Christmas Eve.
Feedback here, on Discord and in DMs has been greta, so I'm looking forward to getting this out to the whole community! (I've got some comments and reflections to share, but they'll wait until everybody's had a chance to play it.)
Okay that's it for today. See you in a few days with the general release!

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes