berny

Jun 8, 2017
I agree with luccia87.

On a different note, I'm curious about something. What do you guys think about the MC always enjoying being groped, fucked etc? Is this something you expected, liked?

I think this is probably one of my main problems with the game (apart from the abysmal update rate); that there's zero possibility to roleplay the MC's motivations. Is she just going along with it for the mission, is she slowly starting to enjoy it, was she some sort of nympho all along? Being text based, this sort of variation could have been the big advantage over other games, instead it's a pretty standard corruption "game" with oddly underwhelming sex scenes and shockingly little player input.

Last edited:

luccia87

Jun 6, 2017
I agree with luccia87.

On a different note, I'm curious about something. What do you guys think about the MC always enjoying being groped, fucked etc? Is this something you expected, like?

I think this is probably one of my main problems with the game (apart from the abysmal update rate); that there's zero possibility to roleplay the MC's motivations. Is she just going along with it for the mission, is she slowly starting to enjoy it, was she some sort of nympho all along? Being text based, this sort of variation could have been the big advantage over other games, instead it's a pretty standard corruption "game" with oddly underwhelming sex scenes and shockingly little player input.
That's Berny.

The really frustrating thing is to consider it a "game" because it isn't a game. How many decisions in this same update converge to different scenarios? NONE.
It's more and I put this as a spoiler...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It is a linear novel devoid of decisions. There is no work behind it, there is no creativity, there is no background.

Working in a brothel puts the main story on what can happen in the brothel and what used to be the main secret agent story should stay in background, at least until the MC can get out of the brothel.

As another member of the forum said some previous posts: PATHETIC.

Simply DISAPPOINTING for me.

Last edited:

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017
-More hot scenes like "hard ass slapping" would be nice, once the unfinished groping scenes done hopefully when out of early access, update will be better.
-I thought episode 1.15 "girl on film" meant a quest involving the photographer guy, fake casting kind of stuff. Not the agency seeing us, ugh. Were they really surprised, I mean, they were the ones who enrolled us into this shady business but I guess when she fucks the boss it suddenly becomes a big deal xd.
-Some free will about becoming Connor's cocksleeve or not would be nice. Couldn't find a way to reject him.
-Why did she break into a fucking bar like she is doing a cross border operation? I'm not sure but it isn't one of bigger problems right now so whatever.
-For god's sake add some sex scenes or at least fooling around with characters other than mafia guys.
-There were good things too, like more outfit to wear(sexy underwears) and three more work days but could have been a lot better with some more effort. Might be better when placeholders finished. I wrote all this stuff cuz I see the amazing potential, it may be great instead of mediocre.

Leiafanman

Jun 22, 2017
Yeah like letting the MC get drunk and fuck patrons (maybe even out of the bar like with the stag party earlier on and with the hostel inhabitants) and go wild and THEN the agency is like "wtf" could make sense but don't think we've done anything out of line of the mission.

okfairenough

Mar 1, 2020
Why is her thong always wet when someone gropes her? Dissapointing update once again. I had hoped that the MC would be a strong female character capable of making her own choices, but this is turning out to be the same as all other female protagonist games on this site where the MC gets molested and she "likes it".

Marlin Brandy

Aug 18, 2018
Why is her thong always wet when someone gropes her? Dissapointing update once again. I had hoped that the MC would be a strong female character capable of making her own choices, but this is turning out to be the same as all other female protagonist games on this site where the MC gets molested and she "likes it".
some speculation, the reason the MC is being portrayed as such a nympho with every action taken is probably due to Crush feeling crushed (heh) between two sides:
- you have the audience expecting a sex game with sexy times with every update;
- and you have Crush clearly having a set story he wants to tell getting in the way of player interaction and freedom.
And I'm guessing this, compounded with the slow roll-out of updates, makes Crush feel the need to include intimate moments and hot developments in every update whilst advancing his narrative one step at a time, character agency be damned.

EDIT: Question to those who have worked with Twine/other HTML-based games, how easy would it be to mod a 'sandbox' game made through these frameworks? I honestly think a good way Crush could buy himself quite a lot of time if it were possible for him to set up a sandbox part of the game first (playing around and interacting in Bangkok collecting info and building connections), whilst letting modders fill in blanks, as he drip feeds us the main story.

Reactions: restlez and belallo

belallo

Dec 17, 2019
I'm confused. Which of those sex scenes required weeks of agonised rewrites? They were like three paragraphs long and repeats of what we've seen before.

how easy would it be to mod a 'sandbox' game made through these frameworks?
It's relatively straightforward if you know what you're doing and put some effort and creativity into it, but this current iteration is the result of five years of ongoing game design and he's still struggling with something as basic as how to add choice-based gameplay to his CYOA game. Setting up the sandbox first would probably have been the most sensible, sustainable thing, but a) Crush doesn't know how to do that and b) Crush doesn't seem to want to learn how to do that. I really doubt there's going to be any sandbox in FA at all.

StenKilla

Oct 6, 2019
I think the dev might have jumped ahead with the MCs panties getting wet so soon. She has worked there a total of 4 days and she's already soaked when the first customers trickle in the door.
Personally, I like the "MC likes it but has a hard time admitting to herself" storyline but this being advertised as an RPG I wish there was a choice to mold her character more. Seems the kinks you get to choose in the beginning seem to do very little. I would understand her getting wet being submissive/exibitionist but without those kinks, I would see her as a stronger female character. As of right now you only get an unlocked response with kinks that is nothing more than a flavor. Events are railroaded in the same direction regardless of what you have chosen.
Shame most of the pre-Bangkok content got scrapped. The last time I checked this game out was 2 years ago and it has made minimal progress since then. This being a text "game" it should already be Completed with added branching content of sorts.

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's cool to hate on this dev but even if he's kinda slow he's delivering some pretty cool content tbh. I love the spy setup (I'm a huge nerd for real life technical details in fiction) and the lewd scenes are pretty hot. I hope they can tie in the 1.11 update by the next one. I enjoy playing through it all.

And yes, right now the choices have very little consequence. It might take a while for the story to branch out (or at least give us some lasting visual consequences like bruises, tattoos, accessories that need to be wear when working, you know, the little stuff matters a lot for this kind of game) but I'm excited.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. Which of those sex scenes required weeks of agonised rewrites? They were like three paragraphs long and repeats of what we've seen before.
It's actually more difficult than you think. He's making a full on movie-like screenplay here, and if you look into it, most screenplay writers barely finish a page per day. Of course, there's that old saying "write drunk, edit sober" but sometimes this approach results in even more rewrites (and outright scrapping a route entirely) than just the slow regular writing. It's quite difficult to find the right words when you want quality, and honestly I feel like Crush does a pretty good job at that. The setting, the research, timeline, pacing, it's all there. It really just takes time. It's expected for his approach (in-depth detailed story).

But it brings another point that this guy got right:
- you have the audience expecting a sex game with sexy times with every update;
- and you have Crush clearly having a set story he wants to tell getting in the way of player interaction and freedom.
And I'm guessing this, compounded with the slow roll-out of updates, makes Crush feel the need to include intimate moments and hot developments in every update whilst advancing his narrative one step at a time, character agency be damned.
It's difficult to keep such an intricate story horny at all times. It's obviously going to have ups and downs. I kinda feel bad for him because he put himself in a horrible situation. He needs to deliver sizeable updates, which means writing more of the well-researched technical-procedural story (which takes a shit ton of time) AND he needs to make it horny for his patrons who are already impatient from his previous mistakes. He's screwed.

I'm not a patron and I'm probably not gonna join as well but I have to thank the guys who are subscribed because I'd really hate to see this project die out. At this point I'm getting more interested in the story than the smut itself lmao.

Tallyhoe

Feb 21, 2019
I feel like he wrote a lot of texts, I mean he did write tons of texts.

but none substantial or relevant to the progress or at least none we all wanted to see.
He could cut out 40% of text he wrote this update and we wouldn’t feel the difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: berny

Sharpx21

Jun 23, 2021
Women can get wet in a situation where they are mostly angry... their body can have a visceral reaction to stimulation despite not consenting or not liking it. A lot of women go through feelings of shame after rape/molestation because they didn't want to feel any physical stimulation or pleasure at all, and their bodies reaction is what men use to justify those behaviours 'you must have liked it because your nipples were hard and you were wet so you are just a whore' etc. (common theme in japanese games).

So panties getting wet? not a big deal and probably expected and more likely due to exhibitionism... if the character herself finds out she enjoys exhibitionism that's not really a problem either. One can enjoy certain aspects of an experience and dislike other aspects (like being groped).

The game naked ambition has a card that calls this shameful lust etc (oversimplified)...

But yeah, there is an eb and flow to games, there will be moments where you need to position the character within the story more before you can actually advance the type of sex scenes that will be happening. The update was probably a month too long, but overall it's still better than the 6-8 month "updates" of the past where nothing actually advanced and it went on like this for 2 years. Now there is at least story progress.

People need to understand the game will be linear for awhile because managing and adding branching story lines is like developing a new game for each branch. I think crushstation is just trying to get a decent foundation in first before he branches with paths and options in the sex scenes.

Last edited:
Reactions: restlez

TheDeviant

Aug 7, 2017

Hey guys! After a tough ordeal, I needed to lie down in a dark room for a bit. And today, I have risen. But that's just another coincidence...right?
The good news is that feedback on 1.15 is positive and constructive. Our awesome Analysts have provided some good ideas on how to improve the scenes, and found plenty of small bugs to stomp.
I'll be doing that over the next 12 days: general release of this episode will be Friday 29th April.
Okay, that's all for today! I've got some ideas for how to speed up production of the next episode, but we'll get into that after the general release. Have an amazing Easter, everybody, I love you all!

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
After the really excellent v1-14, I thought this one missed the mark in a couple of ways. First, there was a lot of writing that was unnecessary. We really didn't need the second "coyote walk" because it was not much different than the first one. Crush could have summarized it in a line. That was true for a lot of the bar scenes in this update - just say that "the night went on much like Monday until..." and then describe the new event (like the naked wrestling). But, when describing the unique scenes, Crush needed to put a lot more flavor into the writing, like he did in 1-14. Most of the bar writing is longer than it needs to be to just say what is happening, but drier than it needs to be to be really interesting for the reader. As someone suggested above, the story needed a lot more inner voice about submitting to Conner.

I agree with the argument that our agent is "getting into this" sexually a little fast, even if she is an exhibitionist or whatever. HCC should be a very scary place to work for her, given what she knows of its owners and managers. More work days with less description of each day could get her to the point where she is somewhat inured to the danger, with no more writig than we have now.

The break-in was the best part of the episode. Lots of inner voice stuff, writing for the senses, appeals to emotion, and interesting technical detail. Someone asked above why the break-in was undertaken like "a cross-border operation," but the story makes it clear that these guys are in tight with Bangkok organized crime, so this was a potentially very violent operation. It made sense to be prepared for major opposition.

But the complaint that there are not meaningful choices here is actually an unfair one, since we knew going in that this whole series of episodes were just the setup for the choice-making portion of the game, and adding meaningful choices at this point would just slow down the progress on story development. It's a bit ironic that people simultaneously complain that he isn't slowing the story down by giving the player meaningful choices and thus creating multiple branches to be written before the story can advance, and also complain that the story is moving too slowly!

I have encouraged Crush to keep writing this story free of meaningful choices until he gets to the end, and then come back and add choices and branches. There are games here with little meaningful choice that do quite well (see, for instance, Divergence, Beyond the Singularity) and many, many abandoned stories that had too many "meaningful choices" and thus so many branches that the developer's moral broke when contemplating how complicated finishing the story would be.

Criticisms of the pace of writing are well-founded, I think, but the pace of Crush's writing is what it is. It's not like he can be criticized for suddenly slowing down. Those for whom the pace is unbearably slow should just forget about the game for a couple of years, because the pace doesn't look like it is going to change.

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
It's definitely possible for a game to be both linear and developed conspicuously slowly at the same time, as we have seen lately. Such critiques are not invalid or wrong in any possible way whatsoever, although they could be repetitive. It's humorous to even try to lessen the impact of these two perfectly valid and appropriate critiques, but that is why this thread is funny. I definitely am only going to try this game again once many story branches are present, which will keep me away from the game for many a year. Still, I need to do something during my retirement years.

fafar

May 27, 2017
Already $6303 a month. Excellent result. The author sells his time perfectly. Sometimes it seems that he spends more time on weekly transfer excuses than on writing content. But he's smart. Let it continue to please us in the same way.

Reactions: Spawk

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Hey at least something is going forward. Not that it is enough for what? 6 Month?

When you think about other games that render THOUSANDS of screens and write at least the same amount (probably 3-4x times as much) in that time.

I mean ... we get some AI portraits and some photos of Thailand ... the rest ist pure text... it is just insane that the game still has patreons supporting it.

Reactions: Spawk
3.50 star(s) 117 Votes