TheDeviant

Aug 7, 2017

Hey guys! This week I've been creating passages in the game engine.

What does that even mean

Here's how it works. Each episode has a that I use as a guide. Storyboard screens look like this:

Storyboards are just Google Slides. To make them actually happen in the game, I need to write them into the game code. The code for the above screen looks like this:

Which displays the following "passage" in the game:

That's just a simple example, of course, passages are often much more complex. But basically, this is the stage where I'm taking the ideas from the storyboard and making them happen in the game.

Looks like it should take about five minutes
I know, right! But it's not as simple as just copying and pasting the storyboards into the source code. The storyboards are just a guide; when I'm actually building the game I often need to add to, reörder, change or cut scenes.
This is especially true for sexy scenes. Often, what makes them hot is a little sensual or emotional detail, and the storyboard isn't the place to write those. So they can take time in this stage.
This week, for instance, I was working on a section that's quite short and perfunctory in the storyboard. I realised that we could do a little more with it, and the section now introduces some new NPCs and sets up a future optional side quest.

How it's going
Greta! I'm so excited about the content in the next episode.
I ran into some problems with a challenging dialogue scene. But I was able to get feedback on it from Victoria and Behbeh, who helped me work out how to fix it.
I can't wait to get this episode out, I've got a good feeling about it. I'll continue next week and report on progress.

TheDeviant

Aug 7, 2017

Hi guys! I had another good week writing and coding. The next episode has 7 story scenes and 3 sex scenes planned:

It's gonna be a big one!
This week, I got story scene 3 and sex scene 1 working in the game engine. Sex scene 1 was just four lines of rough ideas in the storyboard: I ended up writing something that came out kinkier and hotter than I expected.
Next week, I’m going to start on story scene 4 and do as much on it as I can. I’m nervous about it because I know it’s going to be challenging to write, but I’m also looking forward to it because I think it’s going to be quite cool and surprising. If I get it right. I promise to do my best.
Okay, that’s it! Short report because it’s hard to talk about writing without dropping spoilers. Have an awesome weekend, everyone, and I’ll report on progress next week.

heisenberg21

Nov 21, 2021
is there a version of this game where you can choose the clothes for the agent everytime she steps out and not just on special occasions?

TheDeviant

Aug 7, 2017

Hey guys! This week I got story scene 4 working in the game engine.

As reported last week, I felt nervous about tackling this scene: it's unlike anything I've ever written before (or even experienced, really).
It was really hard. But I got lots of help from contributors (especially Behbeh), and I'm excited about how it's working!
Tomorrow I'm going to continue converting the storyboard into game files with scene 5. Parts of the first drafts need editing; I normally do this, but I'll carve out some admin time to see if any contributors are able to help. (Thanks Captain Chicken Strip a.k.a. The Unpaid Intern for volunteering already.)
Okay, that's it for this week. Scene 5 is straightforward in the plan, so I expect to have it working in the engine before next week's progress report. Have a great Sunday night guys I'm so excited about getting this episode out

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
So which version has the most content/is worth playing?
1.15 is the latest version, and the version that is currently being worked on. Play it first – if you like it, there's more coming soon!

1.6 ran into technical problems and 1.11 was moving too slowly, so instead of abandoning the game I tried again with the version that is now 1.15. One day I want to add the content in those earlier versions into the current version, but there's no time frame for that, I'm fully tasked on episode 1.16 at present.

Thanks for the interest, please let me know if you like it!

Reactions: Kruemel2014

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
If only you actually knew how I could produce episodes 300% quicker :rolleyes:
  • Pay someone decent from chyoa to write the game
  • Bring back the basic avatar you had when you started this project and trow away all the totally useless and time consuming tasks of the current avatar
  • Give directions yourself
3x quicker? :D You will be like 30x quicker if we look at the content you have now vs the time spent on this project.
I'm saying this just pour parler, I lost all hopes or trust in the project long ago.

DernKala

May 23, 2018
Can you become a muscle girl?
There was one version of the game (the one that was focused on College; 1.11 maybe?) where you could work towards getting abs and they would show on your character after a while. This happened very late into the game though, and the game ended fairly soon afterwards IIRC. I'm also pretty sure that particular version is no longer in development.

Arkady

May 15, 2018
Crush wants to re-integrate that lifepath stuff into the new game. Eventually. With no timeframe given. Basically, it sounds like he once again has a vision instead of an actual plan.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes