cellsase

Jul 31, 2017
You can read the patreon posts for updates. The last one was posted on January 12th and you do not need to be a supporter to see it. In it he also links to the Trello, which contains progress updates as they happen.
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll look into pledging a bit.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Is there an offline version of the game with all the assets? Or is the game most "complete" only when it's online?

luke83

Mar 17, 2017
Changelog available?
this was the patreon post

Despite a serious push, we weren't able to get 1.4 to a state in which I'm happy to release it.

However, here's a Beta Test version which you can play with while we keep working. It allows you to experience a working version of the Lifepath. There are still lots of bugs and placeholder content,

Valkyrie01

Dec 26, 2017
I get a fatal error when trying to load the game
Might be a browser issue. When I tried to load it on my default browser (Brave) it didn't work either but Chrome loaded it just fine. Be aware though that even if you manage to load it with a different browser this Beta is still pretty buggy and you're likely to run into Errors while playing.

Reactions: ArtofAlmost

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
Yeah, there's still a ton of errors, but you still can go through most of the lifepath experience. In my opinion I would say it was worth the wait and I understand why the dev took his time to do this. I hope he's able to finish the final version soon so he can start focusing on what's to come.

Reactions: Kristof29

ArtofAlmost

May 20, 2018
Might be a browser issue. When I tried to load it on my default browser (Brave) it didn't work either but Chrome loaded it just fine. Be aware though that even if you manage to load it with a different browser this Beta is still pretty buggy and you're likely to run into Errors while playing.
Oh yea, I didn't even think of trying that, haha.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
The main problem is that the upate took so long. For someone who has no idea how to develop such a game (like me) it is not understandable what and why it took so long.

The update itself seems decent to me, though it felt like "nothing" but a prolongued character creation without much content really worth mentioning. It's more like a teaser of stuff yet to come, which is okay and fun (not big fun, but entertaining).

Does this prologue of the prologue make it a better game? I don't know.
I liked the prologue a lot. The prologue of the prologue offers a huge amount of stats, and it looks to me that this is going to be awfully complicated with all these skills and parameters - will it really add to the story and gameplay? I mean, the basic story is pretty simple, GO TO BANGKOG AND START TO INVESTIGATE UNDERCOVER AS A DANCER / PROSTITUTE. Then you have those sexual traits (exhibitionist etc.), which bring some variety to the choices and story development. And now a huge number of additional stats, and I wonder what for and how many branches of the story does the developer want to flesh out to make use all of that?

I am following this thread and looking forward to what is going to come, but for the moment being I am filled with doubt that it will lead somewhere, but I sure do hope it will.

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
On the one hand, you're right: it would be simple to just move to Bangkok and have the agent fuck left and right (and above and below, and...). But very quickly the game would stop being re-playable; it would just be akin to all those VN-prefixed (Virtual Novels) games that one can find on this site, with, like you say, a bit of variety due to the various sexual traits, and minus the great CG's that most of those games offer. What the dev has in mind, I believe, is to make a game that would be different every time you play it; you'd be in Bangkok, walking back to your house/apartment/room after a "working day", and thugs would start chasing you -- your chances of evasion depending on your accumulated skills in running... Or you'd be sucking some new client when you'd overhear something of interest, though not related to your main mission, and your chances of success at pickpocketing him (and then somehow relaying back the info) would depend on some other skills. Just multiply these real-life simulations at every step, always depending on dice rolls, but with your XP factoring in in all sorts of domains/skills areas...

It's a fascinating project. Currently, you get some sense of where it's going (more so in some scenarios than others), but there's so much still missing. Is the project too big? I don't know. Is this a tantalizing project? You bet.

So, sure, this is taking lots of time and you may be frustrated by the slow process (I know I am), but if everything reaches the level that the dev is envisioning, I'll probably become addicted to this game :)

So, while I'm waiting, I'm stuck playing other games. Which isn't so bad, after all

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes