leg28

Aug 15, 2018
not exactly true some of us did criticise him, but most I will admit just encouraged him to delay even further. after his second excuse, I cancelled my sub as I saw no reason to continue paying for excuses, when he finally gets around to actually providing content I may re-subscribe.
just to understand this, how long you've been subscribed?

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
A second (and additional...) thought continuing what I posted just above: part of this is due to Crush's social media presence. Since he seems to spend a lot of time and energy on Discord, it makes him more relatable than the average username on the Internet. Most people on the Internet are just names to everyone else, even though all of us are absolutely human.

However, to us we just see a username that might as well be an abstract entity or a robot instead of a human. Why not trash some random username that does not seem real? Lots of Discord chat changes that. It takes a special kind of person to trash a human with known relatable details. That's why you see some of the dynamics here. People who chat a lot with Crush on Discord get into one aspect of the personality dynamics here (stumbling over each other to tell him to take however many decades are needed, and trashing those who disagree), while many of those who don't chat with him are into the other aspect (trashing Crush for delays). It's becoming more purely psychological than economic at this stage, even though economics and psychology were always inseparable.

These details also help explain why certain other late creators don't have all this surrounding them. Many creators communicate very minimally, sometimes maybe 1 sentence a month that is some short apology or explanation. That doesn't make them seem more human at all, and so not as much will be said for or against, but the proportion against should likely higher.

Let's get into real reasons for delays: very often, what is really happening is that a creator gets into the doldroms emotionally for no other reason than their own minds, but in other cases it is due to alcohol or party drug abuse, gaming addiction, poor health due to eating badly and not exercising, or other factors that are too rare to mention here. Can't say those out loud (much), because people don't find many of them to be excusable. Still, a master can mention these and make them relatable. That's when you know you have a kool-aid situation going on.

Last edited:

Arkady

May 15, 2018
even though all of us are absolutely human.
Twitter Bot #42.000.000 has entered the chat. Heck, shitty CS chatbot #42.000.000 has entered the chat. Not sure why I'm even talking to any of you, show me your certified Turing test results!

nottuide

Dec 11, 2017
covid? what's is going to be next delay reason? ebola? aliens?
btw wasn't it almost done few weeks ago? anyway nothing in 2022.
You forget a zombie apocalipse!:ROFLMAO:

It's a shame he keeps delaying and delaying to get more money out of patreons. Since this game has been in development he has earned a tesla a year, and this story has been going on for at least 6 years!
How many teslas does this man still need? :LOL:

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
A second (and additional...) thought continuing what I posted just above: part of this is due to Crush's social media presence. Since he seems to spend a lot of time and energy on Discord, it makes him more relatable than the average username on the Internet. Most people on the Internet are just names to everyone else, even though all of us are absolutely human.
oh c'mmon.... he is on social networks primarly because chatting is easier than really working. it also keeps paying hostages (sorry, patrons) happy and while they are happy he can extend delays between chapters. social networks are also indication when payers are reaching critical point (point where excuses, polls, graphs, avatar changes...are not keeping flock happy anymore) when he has to really switch from idle mode to working mode and deliver something.
but i'm not blaming him... as long as patrons are willing to finance his extended holidays why would he work and deliver every month or two new update? at that pace game would be finished 1-2 years ago what is bad for his easygoing life. this way he can send future kids at university, while our girl is still in bangkok on update 22.1

Reactions: confu and nottuide

nottuide

Dec 11, 2017
oh c'mmon.... he is on social networks primarly because chatting is easier than really working. it also keeps paying hostages (sorry, patrons) happy and while they are happy he can extend delays between chapters. social networks are also indication when payers are reaching critical point (point where excuses, polls, graphs, avatar changes...are not keeping flock happy anymore) when he has to really switch from idle mode to working mode and deliver something.
but i'm not blaming him... as long as patrons are willing to finance his extended holidays why would he work and deliver every month or two new update? at that pace game would be finished 1-2 years ago what is bad for his easygoing life. this way he can send future kids at university, while our girl is still in bangkok on update 22.1
totally agree with you!

cheesepie

Sep 28, 2022
People who chat a lot with Crush on Discord get into one aspect of the personality dynamics here (stumbling over each other to tell him to take however many decades are needed, and trashing those who disagree)
Interesting dynamic, financing someone's lifestyle because you have a "relationship" online. All of my best friends are people I haven't met IRL, like this Nigerian prince who promised to make me rich and my online girlfriend who unfortunately cannot video call. Hit me up if you'd like to learn savvy networking like me, I assure you we are all absolutely human.

Very mixed feelings whenever I come here - on one hand look forward to the few pages of content each update brings. On the other, the lead time between each update is... significant and absent of accountability (even regular updates). If only there were a way to charge people only when content is released? :unsure: So using the money from not subscribing, I had enough to go Bangkok recently to experience the bar scene in person.

Guess what, COVID really did a number there. In short, FA been delayed so long that our spy would have been retrenched from her bar job. May I suggest that Crush use this reason for next delay? We should wait for Thai tourism to fully recover so that she can be rehired to continue the mission. For realism sake.

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
Guess what, COVID really did a number there. In short, FA been delayed so long that our spy would have been retrenched from her bar job. May I suggest that Crush use this reason for next delay? We should wait for Thai tourism to fully recover so that she can be rehired to continue the mission. For realism sake.
yes, but not only covid. crush is facing other serious problems. with his current pace it is very likely that terrorism will be extinct before he finish the game or he will be forced to modify countries where our hero is comming from (republic of scotland, gilead, zombieland...)

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
Interesting dynamic, financing someone's lifestyle because you have a "relationship" online. All of my best friends are people I haven't met IRL, like this Nigerian prince who promised to make me rich and my online girlfriend who unfortunately cannot video call. Hit me up if you'd like to learn savvy networking like me, I assure you we are all absolutely human.
Interestingly, one of my relatives sends all his extra money to a "woman in Africa" that he has only met online "so that she can afford a plane ticket to visit him." He's sent many times more than a plane ticket from Africa would cost. It's definitely a thing, and it's one of the main forces driving various trends today.

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
Interestingly, one of my relatives sends all his extra money to a "woman in Africa" that he has only met online "so that she can afford a plane ticket to visit him." He's sent many times more than a plane ticket from Africa would cost. It's definitely a thing, and it's one of the main forces driving various trends today.
amazing comparison: virtual african woman asking for plane ticket and crush's project
add nigerian prince and russian top model bride ordered by mail and dream-team is here

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Nope. Just mentioned on his Discord that he's 'good enough' with Build up Scene 6...5 steps to go.

For a guy who says he's primarily a writer (as an artist), he's massively slow for the quality. He should really transition to project owner/manager and hire some other writer.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
He may indeed be a good writer, but more than that he is a much better milker.

He takes his time and makes a lot of money. Why? Because he can afford that. And if there really are thousands of "take your time-fanboys" who are stuffing the money down his throat, then it's their own fault. And as long as it stays that way, nothing will change in his behavior. Period.

Last edited:

Pede rasta 1

Dec 28, 2019

He takes his time and makes a lot of money. Why? Because he can afford that. And if there really are thousands of "take your time-fanboys" who are stuffing the money down his throat, then it's their own fault. And as long as it stays that way, nothing will change in his behavior. Period.
You guys seem to be worried about my money but you're really eager to get your fap stuff for free lol

boobthief

May 25, 2017

I'm going to assume you misunderstood when you quoted my post as representative of one of the "thousands" of "take your time-fanboys".

I like to discuss the development of this game here but this thread routinely turns so toxic with negative histrionics ("milker", "hostages", "stuffing money down his throat") that I can't even begin to understand your anger and simply ignore your shit.

It's just a game. A game that you care about, which you demonstrated by following and posting.

I hope they deliver a good update. That's the difference.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes