rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
As much as I never get tired of telling Crush that he's an extreme slowpoke, if people are paying, it's all up to them to decide whether they want to keep paying. If someone is waving a decent amount of money at you and telling you that it's ok to snooze (or procrastinate, or self-destruct) as much as you want, I find it unlikely that many would be able to resist.

Reactions: okokok and Nope

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017

Hey guys! Sorry for the late report. I’m part-way through four different Female Agent tasks right now, and none of them are complete because I suck at multi-tasking.
My priority is finalising the plan for the next episode. I was intending to jump straight into one of the three side quests we’ve set up in the previous two episodes (White Russian, Big Mac and Booth Babe). But after a few days struggling with outlines, I think we need to insert a mini story episode first.
The purpose is really just to set conditions for the side quests (and the next main quest episode later). I’m picturing something much smaller in scope than the past couple of episodes, so hopefully it should be ready much more Soon™.
I just finished outlining this new mini-episode today, but I haven’t yet shown it to anybody for feedback, so I'm not sure if I'm a genius or a fool.
I’ll get it into a shape that other humans can understand tomorrow, get feedback, and publish a solid plan here once I’m sure it’s not a crazy/bad/unsexy idea.

Other things I’m working on
– Public release of 1.17.
This should’ve happened last week! (But I figured it wasn’t a big deal, since everybody got the Early Access version anyway.) This will be ready in a few days, I got distracted with planning 1.18.
– Opening up the source code to other developers. This has been suggested a few times (most recently by q5 on the Discord). In theory, this could speed up development a lot, but there are also challenges to it that we discussed on the Discord. I’m not exactly sure what the best thing to do is, but I'm looking into what's required technically.
– Investigating AI generated location photos. Nobody talks much about the location photos, but I think they save me a lot of descriptive writing, and also set the scene better than words alone could.
Finding the right images can be time consuming (because the scenes in my head don’t always come up in image searches), so I’ve been seeing if AI can help.
Early indications are good! Example image created by Stable Diffusion:
“A dark SUV, with tinted windows, pulling over on a street in Bangkok, at night.”

I feel like the AI isn’t exactly sure what road markings are but, like they say in the army, “that’s close enough for government work.”
Okay, sorry there’s not much to report, just wanted to let you know that I’m only radio silent because I’ve got my head down on game work. I will report again Soon™ with the firm plan for the next episode.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Why is there only the html-file in the download?
This version of the game has to load images from " " when playing.

The dev provided a download version (v1.17.1 ca 205 MB) on patreon :

(Edit : Unfortunately this version does not work offline since it still uses online resources, even if the resources are in the downloaded media-folder.)

Download versions usually have the advantage that they still work even when the internet resources are already gone.

Edit :
Sorry. This "offline-version" still loads (some) images from the net, e.g. the changelog-banner, the country-flags, the character sprites, ... When I disconnect from internet, the "offline-version" is not playable at all and stalls after the version overview when clicking on character creation. So it is more a download of the game resources but not a playable version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crushstation

TheDeviant

Aug 7, 2017
wth has he been doing for 2 weeks lol
If he took 2.5 weeks off for Christmas and stuff and only started working, as it sounds like, a day before this report - that would be okay. Then why does he apologise for the late report?!?

Nope

Aug 5, 2016
If he took 2.5 weeks off for Christmas and stuff and only started working, as it sounds like, a day before this report - that would be okay. Then why does he apologise for the late report?!?
Yea, you would think he might just say "I have taken a bit of time off for Christmas/New Years" rather than post about doing a few hours work over the course of a week.

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
To be honest, I don't see anything wrong with his latest status update. If a small interlude makes more sense to him in order to set up the episodes that he wanted to do, fine. What bugs me is the fact that he didn't adress the fact that these episodes were supposed to be ready weeks, if not months ago and he barely started working on them.

By his own track record we should get the mentioned side quests + the interlude by the end of 2023 and probably no more than that when we should have gotten them by the end of 2022. A full year of delay is probably a new standard for this site and even for Crush. Looking into opening up the code seems promising as it would allow others to contribute, then again, as I just learned from another thread on this site, opening up the code usually means that the creator is out of ideas and doesn't know what direction to take the story in. Now, who would say something linke that about FA?!

Reactions: mathias and junlop

Arkady

May 15, 2018
To be honest, I don't see anything wrong with his latest status update.
Try reading it as "I wasted four months on 'perfecting' an episode that ultimately isn't good enough to set up the side stories it was supposed to set up".

To be fair, inserting a quick transitional episode would be absolutely okay if a halfway decent writer that delivers decent content in a timely manner did it. A slackadaisical writer falling obviously short of the perfection he keeps talking about, I find it hard to cut any more slack.

greenballoon

Dec 6, 2022
I haven't played or followed this game for years, and so at first I was a bit disappointed that the early life part and the club part in scotland was removed, but I quickly got over it as the content of finally getting to bangkok was quite good. Perhaps this game creator should have more content after so many years of writing, but what he has made is quite good and I hope he does not get discouraged and continues on faithfully. It was quite amusing to see the "thai thai thai thai" parts that had not been translated, and I appreciate the honesty of the game creator leaving that there, and carrying on with the story, I think it does show a self consciousness about their slow pace, which while not ideal, is encouraging. Quite a few choices have the same responses, however, it still allows the players to customize how they want their agent to be, which I find makes them meaningful despite the lack of material effect on the game. The parts with noodle are quite cute, and it made me wonder if there was a hidden counter for how you called him, which may affect your relationship as you go on. I doubt it, but it would still be nice and I hope there is, although how it may affect, I'm not sure, perhaps inspiring confidence or insecurity in noodle depending on choices made. So while, as it is with most game creators, there is a lot to be desired in relation to development speed, the content that is there is good, and thick, and I spent much more time than I expected on this game, so I hope it continues... and the speed of production picks up so we can appreciate the repercussions of our agents actions more fully :p

Reactions: Crushstation

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The parts with noodle are quite cute, and it made me wonder if there was a hidden counter for how you called him
There's no counter; the game just remembers the last nickname you called him, so it can use it as part of MC's speech/thoughts.

Reactions: afc2112

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017

(This is the free version. If you're a patron, get the enhanced version .)
Hi guys! Here is a small update to Girls' Night Out.
This version has a couple of scene improvements – you can now avoid the BJ with Kob, and there's a new option for exhibitionist heroines to join in with Zoe and Amanda when they take topless selfies at the skybar (written by The Lost Engineer).
There are also some minor bug fixes, and the offline version is now working.

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Looking into opening up the code seems promising as it would allow others to contribute, then again, as I just learned from another thread on this site, opening up the code usually means that the creator is out of ideas and doesn't know what direction to take the story in. Now, who would say something linke that about FA?!
Actually, I have the opposite problem, way more ideas than I'm able to implement. :(

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Yea, you would think he might just say "I have taken a bit of time off for Christmas/New Years" rather than post about doing a few hours work over the course of a week.
:geek: but that wouldn't have been true! i took like 2 days off or something at christmas.

Reactions: pace675

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Edit :
Sorry. This "offline-version" still loads (some) images from the net, e.g. the changelog-banner, the country-flags, the character sprites, ... When I disconnect from internet, the "offline-version" is not playable at all and stalls after the version overview when clicking on character creation. So it is more a download of the game resources but not a playable version.
Sorry, this error is now fixed in the offline version of 1.17.2 available (206MB MEGA)

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Been fun shooting the shit guys, but after yet another non-update week from Crush I'd personally rather watch another thread. Hope one day he decides to build better habits like say, show up to update regularly on Patreon? I feel bad for anyone still subscribed there, hope they get their money's worth on Discord chat about the game they wished he is making.
This is a fair criticism (although the fact you're being a bit of a dick made me nearly miss it). I have sometimes let more than a week go by without a progress report. The reason for this is usually that I feel like I'm nearly but not quite at a milestone, and achieving the milestone will make for a better report.

This is usually the wrong decision. I'll try to remember that in the future.

Boggles my mind that Elden Ring can sell at retail for about the money that Crush would charge for one year at his lowest tier (now on year 5), because I recall that someone else in the thread shared how much manpower (and I assume payroll?) would be involved in such a big project.
It's a AAA game, it probably had a budget of tens of millions and a whole studio working on it for years. Of course they can make a bigger game faster and sell it at a low cost per unit.

Reactions: boobthief
3.50 star(s) 117 Votes