ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
anyone has any idea about how to enable the back button ?
It is enabled for Patreon build of the game. Internally, it's governed by a variable in the .html file, if you search this thread a few pages back you might find a hint how to set it.

boobthief

May 25, 2017
The problem is that Crush suffers from extreme perfectionism that cripples his writing. Rather than just write the scene and go back to it later, he would rather delay his already behind schedule update rewriting the whole thing from scratch.

An entire update held back because he doesn't like one scene in it. You can't make it up.
Yeah... But evidentially they are trying to improve. And when they hit it really fucking bangs. Which is why we're all still here.

Can't make it up? GRRM, TWOW, 12 years now.

Probably releases 2nd-ish of April, soon after the billing cycle.

luccia87

Jun 6, 2017
Así que para estar un poco de tu lado con las críticas. Diría que tengo curiosidad por ver la parte con la que no estaba satisfecho y la sacó y la comparé con lo que le gustaba y la reemplazó. De esta manera, las personas pueden determinar si a) en realidad es una mejora b) había un problema que necesitaba ser abordado.

Sin embargo, en la mayoría de los casos, la gente solo querrá una actualización y sacrificará la calidad, y generalmente es el escritor el que se preocupa por ese tipo de cosas de todos modos, la gente solo quiere material divertido y puede hacerlo de cualquier manera, probablemente.

Pero también, si se retrasa 1 semana, no es realmente un gran problema. Me preocuparía si este retraso progresara a 2 o 3 semanas.
[/CITA]
:) LOL I´m sure will be 2 o 3 weeks, probably one moth
So to be on your side with the criticism a bit. I would say I am curious to see the part he was unsatisfied with and took out and compare it to what he liked and replaced it with. This way people can determine if a) it is actually an improvement b) there was a problem that needed to be addressed.

Though, in most cases people will just want an update and sacrifice quality, and it's usually the writer who cares about those sorts of things anyway, people just want fap material and can fap either way, likely.

But also, if it's delayed 1 week, it's not really a big deal. I'd be worried if this delay progressed into 2 weeks, or 3 weeks.
:) LOL I´m sure that probably will be 2 or 3 weeks, maybe a month? Bets open!

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017

Hey guys! Last week I rewrote the uncoöperative sex scene. Stripping it down to the basics seemed to work. (I was trying too hard to make it sexy in the original version.) I also wrote a first draft of the 'coda' scene that a few contributors thought the episode needed.
I shared the new version of the episode with a few contributors and got some good feedback. There are still a few tasks on the list before it's ready to release:
– There are some art assets that have been supplied by Victoria but not yet added into the game
– There's some rough text and placeholders that need editing
– Feedback received yesterday from xGrotesq and Behbeh needs to be implemented
– The second half of the episode needs some general editing for pacing and dialogue

These things are all straightforward and typical, the normal pre-flight stuff that needs to happen before the episode can go out the door. Expect it Soon™.

Okay, that's it for now, I'm gonna get straight onto coding in art assets.

Nope

Aug 5, 2016
How does a mini episode that originally wasn't even planned end up taking 2+ months. At this rate she's not gonna be a bargirl in 2023. Crush was legit delusional when he thought he could release an episode a month or he's just figured out it's more profitable not to. Probably the latter.

Reactions: Breezerr and tejerk

Riven

Aug 6, 2016
The same way, everything he does takes 3+ months. He is extremely incompetent and faces no consequences regardless how long he takes.

From his previous update:
Yesterday I just wrote a different outline for the scene, focused more on the character relationship and the heroine's internal emotional state, and I think it'll be hotter. I'm aiming to get this new version of the scene rewritten today!
and how it ended?
Last week I rewrote the uncoöperative sex scene.
He apparently also wrote the first draft of a coda scene, but still, something planned for one day took him five?

He never thought he could release an episode per month. He posted it to soften the blow when he announced he will be splitting the august update (after developing it for months) into two parts. And you are right, she won't be a bargirl in 2023, maybe 2024 unless crush decides to work on linking backstory with the current version.

Jul 21, 2020
He never thought he could release an episode per month. He posted it to soften the blow when he announced he will be splitting the august update (after developing it for months) into two parts. And you are right, she won't be a bargirl in 2023, maybe 2024 unless crush decides to work on linking backstory with the current version.
Sounds about right. My guess is he might just about manage the promised optional side quests in 2023 (Booth babe, Big Mac, White Russian), counting 3 months per episode. I doubt optional events will advance the main corruption story much.

But he's hinted towards reintegration of the character creation part into the Bangkok part...

Reactions: Riven

alkeera

May 1, 2018
I finally figured out what this game and dev strongly reminded me of all those years. It was another perfectionist Richard Williams and his The Thief and the Cobbler. But let's hope this one doesn't take 30+ years and numerous followers to make it decently finished.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: Pede rasta 1

alkeera

May 1, 2018
Maybe wait to play the episode to see how mini it is, and also it's only been 60 days since last release. How many updates do you 3 want a year? 4, 10, 20? What is reasonable. Start with that, then complain when the agreed upon parameters are not met. IMO 60 days is nothing to complain about.
But i didn't complain? Just pointed out similar unfortunate case that bothered me.
There are other things i can do while patiently waiting for this one.
My fear is that it will never be finished. If i didn't like the game then i wouldn't care.

alkeera

May 1, 2018
I'm just wondering what people want and what is actually realistic... in terms of how many updates a year of what size do people expect as being realistic? My number is 4 large updates a year (so 45+ minutes of play time each). Each update taking around 3 months maximum. I expect side-quests to take no longer than 2 months. Am I the delusional one, or do we all agree? or do people have different ideas on timing?
Dunno. I don't really expect anything since i don't pay for it and to not get disappointed later on. I'm just glad when games do not get abandoned.

ibizadalton

Donor
Apr 23, 2019
Lets use another game as an example, A Family Venture is another game I am waiting to play, their last update was not 60 days ago like female agent, but instead it was back in October 10th 2022.... So the update was also meant to be a transitional update there as well, to prepare for sex with the main love interest Jackie. It's been like 6 months for that game, yet I don't see multiple posts of complaints there.

Is it because 6 months is okay for a game with high quality renders? But 2 months for Female Agent is not okay? Are people of the opinion that updates in this game should take 1 month? 2 weeks? what? So far we're still on track for 4 updates a year.

Office Wife, last update January 4th, it's a RPGM game, how hard is it to get an RPGM update within 2 months? Not to mention each time JS Deacon updates that game the updates are super small in comparison to female agent. Yet nobody bitches in that thread compared to here. Also super buggy.

Then there is the atrocious AWAM and Jessica O'Neils Hard News... Even Our Red String is taking "forever" on updates.
don't be impatient

boobthief

May 25, 2017
The same way, everything he does takes 3+ months. He is extremely incompetent and faces no consequences regardless how long he takes.

From his previous update:

and how it ended?

He apparently also wrote the first draft of a coda scene, but still, something planned for one day took him five?

This is such a long running and repeated argument; so I will summarize:

You love the game but you want more and faster. That's fine, understandable. Who doesn't want more of this game?

But your lust for more makes you angry to the point you insult what you want. That's not OK, trite, impotent.

You join the vociferous minority of malcontents here. You're not helping. And this isn't Twitter so you don't get to cancel working people.

Reactions: tseug
Jul 21, 2020
Maybe wait to play the episode to see how mini it is, and also it's only been 60 days since last release. How many updates do you 4 want a year? 4, 10, 20? What is reasonable. Start with that, then complain when the agreed upon parameters are not met. IMO 60 days is nothing to complain about. Honestly, the proper time to bitch is after release, that is proper bitch etiquette, when you have all the information.

P.S he could probably release each side quest in 2 months. It depends. It could be he thought this was going to be a mini update, and it ended up being regular size, if there is just 10 minutes of play time I would understand anger, but if it's the same size as last update then he actually did it faster this time. The extra length to release the update also makes sense since this whole update was unplanned apparently, when things are unplanned it takes crush longer. So, proper criticism is he needs better planning of the overall story.

So it could be 6 months for all side quests + linking the backstory 4-5 months, +1 additional update, = 1 year. Still not a lot done, but NOT horrendous compared to other devs. If it were up to me I'd want the whole game completed tomorrow, preference wise... but what is actually realistic?
You fan boys need to chill out. I'm just a realist...

According to Crush (Dec 30), releasing an episode just before Christmas, when it had been promised for September was "really fucking late". Those are his words not mine. So, clearly he is not happy about 3-4 months delay.

The new episode again in his words is meant to be "a mini story episode... the purpose [of which] is really just to set conditions for the side quests (and the next main quest episode later)" (11 January) and "just a quickie, but I think it’s got an interesting balance of action, plot and sexiness." (31 January).

The last episode came out for Patrons on Christmas. It's starting to look like 'a mini story episode' won't be out before the end of March. Three months is not exactly great, but - yeah - you've got a point that maybe the story grew in the telling... also he says he's got the next ones storyboarded, so maybe they will be quicker. Not holding my breath though.

As for other comparable games. I think FA and Eva Kiss's Good Girl Gone Bad both started development in 2017. Both are VN's with a female MC to corrupt. GGGB came out ages ago, has multiple paths and the developer is well into her next project - the Our Red String which you mentioned ...

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
As for other comparable games. I think FA and Eva Kiss's Good Girl Gone Bad both started development in 2017. Both are VN's with a female MC to corrupt. GGGB came out ages ago, has multiple paths and the developer is well into his next project ...
Perhaps worth to keep on mind Eva Kiss has been for years a goddamn powerhouse when it comes to development speed, one that very few could come even close to matching. It's like comparing a guy flailing in the community pool to Michael Phelps and acting all disappointed he comes up short.

Jul 21, 2020
Eva Kiss, Crush and Michael Phelps all get paid to work full time on what they're doing... the guy in the community pool presumably only does his flailing as a hobby in his spare time

Reactions: afc2112

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Right, as we all know getting paid bestows unmatched skills on a person.

If someone throws money at the guy in community pool then it's their choice and/or problem. Who knows, maybe they're just entertained by the flailing and want to see some more of it.

Nope

Aug 5, 2016
Maybe wait to play the episode to see how mini it is, and also it's only been 60 days since last release. How many updates do you 4 want a year? 4, 10, 20? What is reasonable. Start with that, then complain when the agreed upon parameters are not met. IMO 60 days is nothing to complain about. Honestly, the proper time to bitch is after release, that is proper bitch etiquette, when you have all the information.

P.S he could probably release each side quest in 2 months. It depends. It could be he thought this was going to be a mini update, and it ended up being regular size, if there is just 10 minutes of play time I would understand anger, but if it's the same size as last update then he actually did it faster this time. The extra length to release the update also makes sense since this whole update was unplanned apparently, when things are unplanned it takes crush longer. So, proper criticism is he needs better planning of the overall story.

So it could be 6 months for all side quests + linking the backstory 4-5 months, +1 additional update, = 1 year. Still not a lot done, but NOT horrendous compared to other devs. If it were up to me I'd want the whole game completed tomorrow, preference wise... but what is actually realistic?
Crush himself describes the next episode as a "short interim episode". As far as "it's only been 60 days", the last episode was released early access on 12/23 so that is much closer to 3 months than 2 even figuring for Feb being short.

As for your timeline. If Crush could/would actually do that it would be reasonable. Reasonable enough for me to throw money his way anyway. The problem is he isn't even in the same ballpark as releasing full large updates in 3 months. 4-5 months is probably closer to reality. You have to remember that 1.17 was the 2nd half of his last planned release. I'm sure it got some padding to not make it feel short but still took over 4 months. 1.15 to 1.16 was also over 4 months and again, 1.16 was only the first part of his planned release. The current "short interim episode" is going to be 3 months at least it seems, judging from his last post.

Not directed at you but as far as folks wondering why Crush gets more complaints than random xxxx shitty dev. It's probably because Crush isn't shitty, he's just slow. Nobody cares if the update to a bad game takes 2 months or 2 years. Female Agent is not a bad game. It's just been a frustrating slog watching Crush get here and "here" is a linear text based game that has been basically rebooted, I think twice. "here" is also Crush probably working on what is the easiest part of his project. Afaik, he's eventually planning on having some choices that have meaning, possibly some branching story. I know originally he wanted a sandboxy bargirl experience where you might catch the guy after a couple months of bargirling, It could take longer if you try to avoid work and miss him, or you could get dragged into the industry and miss him entirely. Something like that. Pretty sure those plans are gone at this point though.

I know I rip on him for being slow/milking but, tbh, that's the way to do it if you can put out a quality enough project to keep people hanging on. Realistically Eva Kiss almost certainly cost herself $$$$ by being too damn good.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 117 Votes