rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
To paraphrase something I saw once, the best way to figure out if someone is worth debating is simply to ask: is there any evidence or data I can show you to change your position? Any deviation or non answer is a surefire indicator you should just walk away.
I can agree with this. Occasionally I have been amused by playing with conversations that would otherwise be omitted by this rule, and both the thread and society would probably have been better off if I had not. Still, I need amusement occasionally and sometimes I learn from it despite the best efforts of all others involved.

• Haha
Reactions: cheesepie700

cheesepie700

Sep 29, 2023
I can agree with this. Occasionally I have been amused by playing with conversations that would otherwise be omitted by this rule, and both the thread and society would probably have been better off if I had not. Still, I need amusement occasionally and sometimes I learn from it despite the best efforts of all others involved.
Well, on the flip side, how badly does Crush need to fail before supporters hold him accountable? Or has this become a cult of personality thing, where he can do no wrong? Because the only refrain I see, time and again, if you don't pay you aren't supposed to have an opinion (or some variation).

Missed deadlines? History of resets? Still no full Bangkok outline? The first review here was Jan 2018, so maybe they need to start with how long is too long for even setting milestones and targets.

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
Well, on the flip side, how badly does Crush need to fail before supporters hold him accountable? Or has this become a cult of personality thing, where he can do no wrong? Because the only refrain I see, time and again, if you don't pay you aren't supposed to have an opinion (or some variation).

Missed deadlines? History of resets? Still no full Bangkok outline? The first review here was Jan 2018, so maybe they need to start with how long is too long for even setting milestones and targets.
In trope terms it probably fits somewhere between "The World May Never Know" and "Your Mileage May Vary." In other words, there are people involved for which the word "truth" has no meaning and only situational value.

Last edited:

cheesepie700

Sep 29, 2023
In trope terms it probably fits somewhere between "The World May Never Know" and "Your Mileage May Vary." In other words, there are people involved for which the word "truth" has no meaning and only situational value.
In a post truth world, my truth would be to invite them to disbelieve in gravity at the edge of the nearest rooftop. Then perhaps they'll understand that the closest thing we have to reality are things that are observable and repeatable (such as milestones and progress), and blind faith only gets you so far.

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
In a post truth world, my truth would be to invite them to disbelieve in gravity at the edge of the nearest rooftop. Then perhaps they'll understand that the closest thing we have to reality are things that are observable and repeatable (such as milestones and progress), and blind faith only gets you so far.
The way I looked at it, after a bit, is that people are desperate to support an adult game that looks like it has potential. Potential is a necessary part of the product (meeting deadlines is not). **It's a set of details that could seem counterintuitive, but which identifies us as messed up animals who somehow developed civilization. I also decided that I can help them spend some of their money (I got in the game design business too).

cheesepie700

Sep 29, 2023
The way I looked at it, after a bit, is that people are desperate to support an adult game that looks like it has potential. Potential is a necessary part of the product (meeting deadlines is not). **It's a set of details that could seem counterintuitive, but which identifies us as messed up animals who somehow developed civilization. I also decided that I can help them spend some of their money (I got in the game design business too).
crypto.jpg
There are faster, lower effort ways to part fools from their money. #justsaying

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

1696264492374.jpeg
Hey guys! Short report, because everything's moving smoothly: I'm working on edits, our illustrator lovely Victoria is working on art.
I had lots of good feedback from story testers! Their suggestions are helping me punch up various moments. But generally, everybody seems to like the new episode! I hope you guys will too

Okay, that's seriously the whole report. I'm gonna get back to the word mines and dig out some more hot ideas. Have a great week, everybody, release date should be announced soon! <<< o_O

Jul 21, 2020
He might soon start complaining about how the MC hooking up with a random Russian mofo just doesn't flow naturally or isn't sexy enough...

Still, he's been promising the three optional events for more than a year (was supposed to finish all three by last xmas), so maybe he does really have clear outlines for them. It would be a nice surprise, if he delivered something quicker than expected.

I'm firmly in the Crush is not a scammer, just very very incompetent, camp lol :unsure:

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
It always begins like that, from "we're one step away from release" to weeks passing by due to sudden problems. Let's see if this time we'll be lucky.
It will be around Christmas time. Like always and like every dev does. Raking in that sweet money to be able to afford all the presents. :D

In other notes: Why did I not know Blue Swallow existed? It is basically FA, starting with the college lifepath thingy and so far it is great and dare I say it, it looks like development is much faster than FA. Give it a go, if you liked that part of the game. They actually included a lot of choices and the way they did it, is something I haven't seen before.

Last edited:

Pede rasta 1

Dec 28, 2019

View attachment 2975010
Hey guys! Short report, because everything's moving smoothly: I'm working on edits, our illustrator lovely Victoria is working on art.
I had lots of good feedback from story testers! Their suggestions are helping me punch up various moments. But generally, everybody seems to like the new episode! I hope you guys will too

Okay, that's seriously the whole report. I'm gonna get back to the word mines and dig out some more hot ideas. Have a great week, everybody, release date should be announced soon! <<< o_O
the realese date will be nov- dec, but everybody now will be really feb mar, so if you now that and you complain , you are dummies, so stop comments about that please lol

hallsigns

May 1, 2019
He might soon start complaining about how the MC hooking up with a random Russian mofo just doesn't flow naturally or isn't sexy enough...

Still, he's been promising the three optional events for more than a year (was supposed to finish all three by last xmas), so maybe he does really have clear outlines for them. It would be a nice surprise, if he delivered something quicker than expected.

I'm firmly in the Crush is not a scammer, just very very incompetent, camp lol :unsure:
So an unintentional scammer...

GodlessXVIII

Jun 25, 2018
Hgames are a massive failspace

You will only get disappointment because the whole thing has become toxic and people continue to enable it.

What earns best is get a thing, get some traction, get a monthly, never finish.

As long as people continue to debate and suggest and on and on and on this, and when I say this I mean this hgame failed environment, will continue to disappoint, and become something to more effectively exploit and disappoint. The only fix now is fire. That's just it.
My feelings exactly. Even professional devs with successful non-scam projects often end up extending development indefinitely. This anonymized open-ended crowdfunding environment creates a lot of incentives for scammy behaviors, unwitting or not.

Reactions: robin312

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

2 hours ago
Hey guys! Working on the finickity final things before this episode can be released. Here's a peek at my to-do list:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Some of the contributor suggestions are seriously greta and will improve the ep. But I'm going to prioritise getting the critical stuff done, then I'll thread in as many contributor suggestions as I can (without delaying the release too long).
Okay, gonna get back to it now. I'll report progress at the end of the week.

Reactions: boobthief

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
That seems like release is surprisingly close. Then again, 80% of the to-do-list includes makeup and dress related text. Well.

Otomo

Dec 17, 2017
any update soon ?
I wish to play the suite... i hope it will be better (and more sex content, that's hwy we play these games !) than before/

3.50 star(s) 116 Votes