boobthief

May 25, 2017
picture face missing can someone help
If parts of the avatar are not being displayed that can happen if you are playing the offline version loading a save from the online version or vice versa.

If you reply to this and attach your save file I/we can probably fix it for you:

With the game open in browser, at the top:
Saves -> Save to Disk... [OK]
Drag the female-agent...save file in your reply to this post to upload it.

okokok

Aug 19, 2016

[1.20] Final week
Hey guys! Last week, our illustrator lovely Victoria finished with the episode art. It looks amazing! We've coded most of it into the new episode. (I always love it when you can play through with the actual art, it makes the episode feel real.)
We're doing a couple of new things with layers in this episode, and a few of the assets need to be tweaked to make every scene work properly. Victoria is working on that, and expects to be finished during this week.
Meanwhile, I'll be busy making some story improvements based on playtesting. I feel like every single scene could be improved, but I'll just do what I can.
I've avoided giving release estimates because I fucking suck so much at them but I think the episode will drop on Halloween at the latest, maybe a day or two before. Hope you're gonna like it
Will be interesting to see how long this episode is if it does come out by halloween. Maybe the kick to the arse Crush got after the last release did some good

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
Will be interesting to see how long this episode is if it does come out by halloween. Maybe the kick to the arse Crush got after the last release did some good
If he does indeed release this by Halloween, he certainly did a solid job this time. As far as scheduling goes at least. We'll see what the content is. Correct me if I am wrong, but since he released a scheduled for last year and completely missed the mark on that one, have we even caught up or did he take some left turns instead, doing other stuff? I can't be arsed to look, but it feels like we still haven't gotten the scheduled episodes from last year, or did we?

TheDeviant

Aug 7, 2017
If he does indeed release this by Halloween, he certainly did a solid job this time. As far as scheduling goes at least. We'll see what the content is. Correct me if I am wrong, but since he released a scheduled for last year and completely missed the mark on that one, have we even caught up or did he take some left turns instead, doing other stuff? I can't be arsed to look, but it feels like we still haven't gotten the scheduled episodes from last year, or did we?
Release schedule from August 2022:
  • AUG 31: Episode 1.16 "Fallout" (Early Access)
  • SEP 14: Episode 1.16 "Fallout" (general release)
  • SEP 30: Episode 1.17 "Girls Night Out" (Early Access)
  • OCT 14: Episode 1.17 "Girls Night Out" (general release)
  • OCT 31: Episode 1.18 "White Russian" (Early Access)
  • NOV 14: Episode 1.18 "White Russian" (general release)
  • NOV 30: Episode 1.19 "Big Mac" (Early Access)
  • DEC 14: Episode 1.19 "Big Mac" (general release)
  • DEC 31: Episode 1.20 "Booth Babe" (Early Access)
  • JAN 14: Episode 1.20 "Booth Babe" (general release)
He finished 'Fallout' (1.16) by the end of August (schedule was made about a week before its release) and 'Girls Night Out' (1.17) by the end of the year [4 months].
1.18 became 'Weekend Warrior' at the end of March [3 months] & 1.19 'The New Girl' took until mid August [4.5 months] - these 2 chapters were slotted into the schedule this year.
--> Now we are waiting for 'White Russian' which will be the new 1.20 [2.5 months] (y)

I-No

Nov 20, 2021
Either way. I would love to have an update anytime soon. I just hope it's not one with an almost unbelievable story like the one we had recently. And it should be a little more beefy, 1.19 was way to short. But it's Crushstation we are talking about. The next unsolicited 'optimization' or urgent 'improvement' may be just around the corner...

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Release schedule from August 2022:
  • AUG 31: Episode 1.16 "Fallout" (Early Access)
  • SEP 14: Episode 1.16 "Fallout" (general release)
  • SEP 30: Episode 1.17 "Girls Night Out" (Early Access)
  • OCT 14: Episode 1.17 "Girls Night Out" (general release)
  • OCT 31: Episode 1.18 "White Russian" (Early Access)
  • NOV 14: Episode 1.18 "White Russian" (general release)
  • NOV 30: Episode 1.19 "Big Mac" (Early Access)
  • DEC 14: Episode 1.19 "Big Mac" (general release)
  • DEC 31: Episode 1.20 "Booth Babe" (Early Access)
  • JAN 14: Episode 1.20 "Booth Babe" (general release)
He finished 'Fallout' (1.16) by the end of August (schedule was made about a week before its release) and 'Girls Night Out' (1.17) by the end of the year [4 months].
1.18 became 'Weekend Warrior' at the end of March [3 months] & 1.19 'The New Girl' took until mid August [4.5 months] - these 2 chapters were slotted into the schedule this year.
--> Now we are waiting for 'White Russian' which will be the new 1.20 [2.5 months] (y)
But. Neither White Russian, Big Mac, nor Booth Babe have been released.

So, actual versus promised schedule:

• SEP 14:Episode 1.16 "Fallout" (general release)
    • Actual: End of September 2022
  • OCT 14:Episode 1.17 "Girls Night Out" (general release)
    • Actual: December 2022
  • 'ADDED' - Episode 1.18 "Weekend Warriors" [small ep, interstitial scene after GNO]
    • APRIL 2023
  • 'ADDED' - Episode 1.19 "The New Girl" [highly disappointing, small ep - unclear purpose and why needed]
    • AUGUST 2023
  • NOV 14:Episode 1.18 "White Russian" (general release)
    • Actual: Unreleased
  • DEC 14:Episode 1.19 "Big Mac" (general release)
  • JAN 14:Episode 1.20 "Booth Babe" (general release)
So, to sum it up: a release schedule slated for 5 substantial episodes of content, 3 to cover off 'side quests' that had been unlocked by Kate. To date, we've seen two of those five episodes, none of the side quest content and we're more than a year since the schedule was given. Originally expecting to hold themselves to a monthly release schedule. In actuality, missed their first deadline by half a month, then was 3 months for the next release followed by 4 and 4.

To boot, the content that has been released that (ostensibly) delayed the content for those last THREE episodes has been small, incredibly underwhelming, and debatable if they were needed at all. And they took longer, themselves, to release than promised when announced.

Not only is the schedule of content far from their planned vision, but also running at 4X delays -- if we ignore the fact that the content released is not the planned and expected content.

I don't want to get into the backlog of placeholders of art, mechanics that only exist within one episode of content and have never been enmeshed with the broader game, etc etc etc.

Last edited:

robin312

Jul 6, 2023
Not only is the schedule of content far from their planned vision, but also running at 4X delays -- if we ignore the fact that the content released is not the planned and expected content.

I don't want to get into the backlog of placeholders of art, mechanics that only exist within one episode of content and have never been enmeshed with the broader game, etc etc etc.
So, nothing new?

Reactions: berny

0Jg6@^$WYe

Apr 8, 2018
I wish more devs did layering instead of chunking of content, and this is often the first example that comes to mind. For example:
  1. Story release: Release a linear, mostly text, complete version of the canon main plot (unless that would spoil too much, in which case, leave off the very ending)*
  2. Art release: In the next release, add some/all of the art
  3. Interactive release: Add player decision points and/or game mechanics
  4. Repeat steps 2-3 as long as player interest/support holds
The advantages:
  • No half-complete stories
  • Bad stories or concepts can be abandoned before you and players have sunk too much time into creating their supporting assets
  • Less player frustration about constant cliffhangers: slow or small releases or the possibility of abandonment. The game is technically "complete" again after each release.
In the case of this game, I feel like the behind-the-scenes coding adds a ton of development, as well as all the scene variations that it means need to be written. And the irony is, most players don't even see all the results, since they pick a route and go. The dev might as well release one canon path as a flat story, then add some art, then add some of the decisions and scene variations, then add some RPG elements like a character creator, then add more art, etc.
---------
* I think most devs assume that players are there for the story, so the idea of releasing the whole thing seems absurd. But the fact is, the stories on these games are almost impossible to follow with 2-3 months between chapters, and/or you replay the beginning so often that you're sick of it. If a dev cared about story, they'd actually release it in as small a period as possible, then focus on adding good reasons for replays.

robin312

Jul 6, 2023
I wish more devs did layering instead of chunking of content, and this is often the first example that comes to mind
We all wish
The problem that most devs just did a concept and didn't think about the plot itself, because of that they can't release the full story - they just don't have it
Classic example of such dev is Crush - each new release he is thinking about how to progress the story instead of focusing on branching or programming, he is writing the book, not game scenario
And the book will be writing as long as there is good enough support

Ulyx

Aug 18, 2017
We all wish
The problem that most devs just did a concept and didn't think about the plot itself, because of that they can't release the full story - they just don't have it
Classic example of such dev is Crush - each new release he is thinking about how to progress the story instead of focusing on branching or programming, he is writing the book, not game scenario
And the book will be writing as long as there is good enough support
Using your book analogy, Crush could finish the book (mission) and begin a new one. This mission is a terrorist in Bangkok, next one can be a drug lord in America or an arm's dealer in Europe. He already have the platform and the history only would need minor changes. So, in theory, he shouldn't have to stretch this one forever. He has a way out, if you compare to other corruption games. But hey, if the money is coming every month, who am I to question his approach, right?

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
Using your book analogy, Crush could finish the book (mission) and begin a new one. This mission is a terrorist in Bangkok, next one can be a drug lord in America or an arm's dealer in Europe. He already have the platform and the history only would need minor changes. So, in theory, he shouldn't have to stretch this one forever. He has a way out, if you compare to other corruption games. But hey, if the money is coming every month, who am I to question his approach, right?
I think you may be missing the point here.

Crush doesn't know how the story proceeds from here, never mind how it ends.

I completely agree that a dev who had the stories (plus a solid mechanic) could have turned this IP into a series of CYOA adventures by now.

shadow415

Oct 14, 2019
Meanwhile, I'll be busy making some story improvements based on playtesting. I feel like every single scene could be improved, but I'll just do what I can.
Ok so at least 3 more months. I will check back before the new year.

prawnstar700

Oct 6, 2023
If he manages to get it done by Halloween this schedule will have been dead accurate WRT "White Russian". Except a year later :ROFLMAO:
Somehow chanced upon the year end report here -
Our agent will soon be "buzzing around the Gulf of Thailand on a jet ski, to becoming a Muay Thai champ, to using your spy skills to investigate international organised crime."

Crush is serious, he's going to go full time on development and he's got a plan. So what if he missed a couple a deadlines in 2023? Definitely things will change in the coming year!

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
Seeing this 2022 schedule I wish I hadn't asked for it :D

I am not even mad that he swapped planned content for another idea. After all, content is content and if the dev thinks he has something lined up that makes more sense, then why should we complain? But seeing how this turned out is brutal. Especially given the fact that the actual content seems to miss the mark more and more.

I fully understand why he doesn't finish the first book and moves on to the next as some people have suggested. By progressing all paths at the same pace he keeps the audience, rather than losing out on the ones who got their ending. I get it. I'd probably do the same thing and I won't hold that against him. But seeing that he clearly has no idea where the overall thing is supposed to go, is disheartening. There are games that I play over and over again with every release. If I am invested in it and I like it, then I have no issue with that. FA on the other hand reaches the point where you just pick up where you left 4 months ago. There isn't even an incentive to play the beginning again. After all, it is just a novel at this point. We are aware of the general twist and every couple of months I need to be reminded who the characters are, but that's about it.

Jul 21, 2020
Somehow chanced upon the year end report here -
Our agent will soon be "buzzing around the Gulf of Thailand on a jet ski, to becoming a Muay Thai champ, to using your spy skills to investigate international organised crime."

Crush is serious, he's going to go full time on development and he's got a plan. So what if he missed a couple a deadlines in 2023? Definitely things will change in the coming year!

Wow, that was an interesting read :oops: Especially, this part....

"I’m going to quit my real job and focus full-time on Female Agent. This is a little trickier than just handing in my notice (because I’m in senior management), but I’ve let them know I’m exiting and that I’ll be delivering a transition plan. This will mean my mind is fully focused on game dev."

So he quit his "senior management" job in 2019?

I guess that's a one-way street. What will you say in a job interview, when the only thing on your CV in the past four years is procrasti developing a sex game in Twine/sugarcube/HTML?

Apr 3, 2019
Wow, that was an interesting read :oops: Especially, this part....

"I’m going to quit my real job and focus full-time on Female Agent. This is a little trickier than just handing in my notice (because I’m in senior management), but I’ve let them know I’m exiting and that I’ll be delivering a transition plan. This will mean my mind is fully focused on game dev."

So he quit his "senior management" job in 2019?

I guess that's a one-way street. What will you say in a job interview, when the only thing on your CV in the past four years is procrasti developing a sex game in Twine/sugarcube/HTML?
He's on the older side of life, and since he used to be a project manager, if he needs to actually find a job, he doesn't need to be specific in his "work in past few years". Even if you don't straight up lie about it, you can absolutely just say that you were managing personal/family projects and that's it.

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
He's on the older side of life, and since he used to be a project manager, if he needs to actually find a job, he doesn't need to be specific in his "work in past few years". Even if you don't straight up lie about it, you can absolutely just say that you were managing personal/family projects and that's it.
he can just explain how he milked suckers for years with html story and there is no hedge fund that won't give him top position

since link was plan for 2019, you are either trolling crush big way or you are his top groupie sucker. either way your post is funny

3.50 star(s) 116 Votes