Jun 1, 2017
You're making a game about a promiscuous girl. That starts you off with a big audience of haters before you've written a single word of story. Misogyny is real, man.
Are you saying games like this one with a promiscuous female lead are widely hated? Because, boy, is that not true. Now, games with a promiscuous female lead who is married or has a boyfriend are very strongly hated, particularly if the protagonist is the girl's husband or boyfriend.

Sixty said:
There's a reason so many games that are centrally about rape do so well.
Ah well, now that is a very different issue. I suspect they are popular for the same reason games with themes like this one are. I think you'll find that games where the protagonist is raped are much more popular than games where the protagonist is a rapist (though games where the protagonist uses unethical methods of seduction are very popular). I have no doubt all of that is meaningful, but I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Reactions: Power Broker
Apr 3, 2019
Well, this is the reality of a project made public before it's ready. That's why "mainstream" game companies, or hell, ANY software company put so much thought into the date of their public announcement. The mass opinion can be brutal, sometimes it can be damaging enough to never recover from.

Maybe the issue here is Crushstation is selling the game as a spy/whore simulator in BANGKOK. Many people then feel that this lifepath part of the game is just the character creation, nothing to spend so much time and effort into. If, for example, Crush was selling the lifepath as a part of the actual game, like say, the Chapter 1 of the game, then maybe people won't get so antsy. There is no actual need to mention Bangkok at all, he could simply sell the game as a game where we follow the life of a female spy that find herself in lewd missions. People are antsy because Crush made a promise too early, I think.

If we treat this part of the game as the actual Chapter 1, then any progress to the Chapter 1 will be treated as the progress of the game. But currently, each progress to this part of the game actually made people feel that they're further and further away from Bangkok, the actual "meat" of the game. They feel that the dev just "tweaked" the engine "to death".
The internet is filled with lewd games that don't make it past the introduction. That's the real fear here, at least, from anyone that has been around this "scene".

Yes, selling it as "Experience a recollection of the life events of a normal girl" from the beginning could've been a better marketing move (but, I mean, it's still one of the most succesful lewd game Patreons lately...) but that wouldn't change the fact.

Reactions: Rixen

ScarletCrow

Mar 14, 2017
Maybe to some, but this is not at all my issue. I think the lifepath stuff is cool; the problem is there's very little of it. There's no depth at all. It takes maybe 10 minutes to see basically all the content.

I would be way more optimistic about the game if the lifepath WAS something you could spend time on. Expand on a couple of the vignettes. Put a couple more training scenarios in. Some story to reward supporters and remind people why they signed on in the first place. That's what's missing.
Well, true. One of my favorite early access in Steam was Oxygen Not Included by Klei. It was on early access for a really long time, but each build was fully playable and actually fun. So even if the developer suddenly vanished and all development stopped, it felt like the game was already worth it. While everytime I decided to try the latest build of female agent I just felt "unsatisfied".

The sex engine looks cool though, hope it can be merged to the main game soon.

junkanon

Aug 13, 2016
Nope. There has been two alpha releases for high-tier Patreons and the dev is tweaking the game's sex engine to allow the implementation of the sandbox-y part. Public version is, according to the dev's estimation, to be released mid-march.

Edit: this info is at Crushstation's Patreon, with all of his plans and etc. I recommend visiting it, he updates it almost everyday.

LongHaulGamer

Oct 9, 2018
I understand the frustration of the delays with the game, and fully understand Crushstation is reworking the sex engine and think that is great, but when the last update started with a update to the tan system so the agent doesn't look like like burnt potato, I about lost all hope. Little things like this can wait, lets face it, the avatar system is not exactly HQ, and if that was the only thing important I would never have given this game a second look in the first place. I have been supporting Crushstation's Patreon for around a year now, and will give it more time before i cut my support, but we need some more real content. I think this is the start of a great game, and really enjoyed the content that is there, but I just fear Crushstation is getting too caught up in small shit and this great start will just die as more and more fans and supporters lose hope.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
I have been on the side of Crush and his team for more than 2 years.
I therefore see the development of the game from two sides. As a player I want to get to Bangkok and the Open World as soon as possible, but as an observer and supporter I also see how much work is involved in the game, how many new ideas and improvements to existing content are proposed and how the whole team tries To deliver THE perfect game.

Often you get lost in little things, but they take a lot of time. A little idea entails some work. There is a small change in the scene, which in turn draws larger circles and at some point you are at the point where you notice that this scene is no longer manageable with the current engine.
What to do. Throw away the work and ideas of the past few days / weeks or find a way to get that done so far?

Anyone who has loaded the latest offline version will have noticed the extensive graphics file. How many new hairstyles are there now? Front and rear views are required. How many hair colors are there currently? How often is the desire for a changeable hairstyle expressed so that you can decide yourself which hairstyle to wear for which occasion?
Hardly anybody will notice this in the game and be considered the standard, but developing all of this also takes time.

A scene in Oceana is being considered, how to make it better. I complained because I saw the balance between a promiscuous and an exhibitionist Kate disrupted.
A scene has to be written in about 15 variations just because of the kinks and their combinations and now there are other factors such as physique, intelligence, ect.
Everyone would like to play their Kate the way they imagined them when creating their characters. Is she an American of Asian origin or British with an Indian influence? Is it flat or does it have an E-Cup?

I can only plead for patience, as the next major release is scheduled for early March. With the known delays, you should be patient until mid-March. And then please consider one. If people who have supported Crush for a long time are still loyal here, players who speak up on an actual pirate site should also rethink their claims a little.
Everyone is most welcome to visit and support Crush or other developers on Patreon or other sites.

elliet93

Jun 5, 2017
I have been on the side of Crush and his team for more than 2 years.
I therefore see the development of the game from two sides. As a player I want to get to Bangkok and the Open World as soon as possible, but as an observer and supporter I also see how much work is involved in the game, how many new ideas and improvements to existing content are proposed and how the whole team tries To deliver THE perfect game. ... I can only plead for patience, as the next major release is scheduled for early March. With the known delays, you should be patient until mid-March. And then please consider one. If people who have supported Crush for a long time are still loyal here, players who speak up on an actual pirate site should also rethink their claims a little.
Everyone is most welcome to visit and support Crush or other developers on Patreon or other sites.
Aaaaaaand this is why I'm no longer a patron.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Anyone who has loaded the latest offline version will have noticed the extensive graphics file. How many new hairstyles are there now? Front and rear views are required. How many hair colors are there currently? How often is the desire for a changeable hairstyle expressed so that you can decide yourself which hairstyle to wear for which occasion?
Hardly anybody will notice this in the game and be considered the standard, but developing all of this also takes time.
No, developing those wastes time... the game would be perfectly fine without avatars and with minimal graphic. Which is what my problem with this developer is. Too many time is wasted on unimportant stuff... or something that will in the end matter very, very little. Stuff like Avatars... or NPC generator.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
What is the NPC generator for?
In Bangkok, Kate will have plenty of customers. It saves a lot of paperwork if not every single one of these NPCs has to be created completely, but is assembled from prefabricated sections.
This is also to prevent every customer from feeling the same when, for example, Kate does an 8-hour shift in the back room and is supposed to receive a customer every 30 minutes. And that 5-6x a week.
That, in the context of the sex engine, will immensely minimize repetitions in sex scenes.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

Lerox

Jun 13, 2018
In Bangkok, Kate will have plenty of customers. It saves a lot of paperwork if not every single one of these NPCs has to be created completely, but is assembled from prefabricated sections.
This is also to prevent every customer from feeling the same when, for example, Kate does an 8-hour shift in the back room and is supposed to receive a customer every 30 minutes. And that 5-6x a week.
That, in the context of the sex engine, will immensely minimize repetitions in sex scenes.
Do You really want to play, as a game customer, NPC generated clients having sex with Kate in Bangkok for 6 days in a week for 8 hour a day? I suppose, even with perfectly polished NPC's genrator, that this scenario will become quickly very boring. For me, game avatars, NPC generators and so on are OK, but I think, the most important part of the game is a good story writer (sex story writer), who "manually" writes emotional and passionate stories, which be implemented in the whole game. Emotions assiociated with humiliation, with sex dillemas etc. will always be the best part of so called text based sex games, and probably none of the generator will replace it perfectly.

For me one of the best and probably the only really good part of the game so far in public edition was the Oceana Club and wet T-shirt contest, and even that eventt could be written much more better and with more emotions, and therefore evoking more emotions for me as a player. The whole bunch af procedurally generated sex encounters between female MC and males was boring as hell so far, because there was no emotions, this situations was empty and void.

Last edited:

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Those scenes will be repetitive no matter what developer does... having an NPC generator doesn't change a thing. Those scenes will be grind and they will be something that majority of players will simply click through without even bothering to read them. There is no way to avoid that and no way to make those scenes better (regardless of what developer claim) so any work put into "improving" them is waste of developers time.

Look, this game is nothing new and there are quite a few games that follow similar premise out there (female MC is for one reason or another "forced" to prostitute herself). Lesson of Passion site alone have at least three similar games on their sites! One thing all the "good" ones have in common: encounters with random NPC are reduced to bare minimum. You innitiate it, and then you get the result which is either success or failure.

torkenstiem

May 1, 2017
For my game play experience, the avatar system is a welcomed relief for any text base game. If anything else, it gives a little break (when I look up to see how my "character" is looking that day) from just the usual wall to wall "reading grind". As for the generator, I guess which ever wheel squeals the loudest will get the grease. It's been a while since a major update, but I'm sure Crushstation will deliver with something that was worth the wait.

Reactions: rKnight

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
The problem with Patreon is often this one. People are supposed to be supporting the creator to develop the game he intends to, but often they think they're paying for the updates, and when the updates don't come down regularly all hell breaks loose. If people were just buying the game at the end, when everything's finished and it's a full release, all these features Crush is adding would be cool stuff that everyone would be glad to have in game, but since they're supporting during the developpment they're seen by many as unnecessary and pointless.

I'm not a supporter, but I completly understand what Crush is doing and will continue to encourage him to keep working on these features he's implementing,because when the game is finished they'll be a plus, something that sets his game apart from all the others in this genre. He clearly has a structured vision of what he wants and intends to implement for the final product, and all this bashing that's been going around here is just from people that are being short sighted and impatient and who don't care about the long term goal and want to push the developper to just think short term. And guess what, most projects that focus on the short term instead of the long term are the ones that fail or get abandoned.

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
The problem with Patreon is often this one. People are supposed to be supporting the creator to develop the game he intends to, but often they think they're paying for the updates, and when the updates don't come down regularly all hell breaks loose.
This right here. The entire point of Patreon is to function like old school patronage. You're supporting the artist, not buying a product.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
all these features Crush is adding would be cool stuff that everyone would be glad to have in game, but since they're supporting during the developpment they're seen by many as unnecessary and pointless.
No, NPC generator would be unnecessary and pointless no matter what simply because the only portion of the game it's going to be used is grind... and worst kind of it, one that everyone will skip as much as possible some 15-20 minutes into the game.

Another problem here is that Crush is advertising the game as "spy who is forced to prostitute herself to complete mission" but the game he's developing is closer to "whore who occasionally do some spy work"...

Apr 3, 2019
The game is going to be a massive boring slog if THE PLAN includes 10+ procedurally generated "Fully featured" sexual encounters every in-game day just to maybe get a couple of "original" (read, story, be it main or side) lines.

Really, if the plan is to make a "whoring simulator" with a massively detailed sex engine - please go ahead! Just don't try to sell the spy story and don't spend time on the background. Don't get me wrong: There is a market for "very detailed procedurally generated sex engine", but that isn't one where story and background matters much.

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
The game is going to be a massive boring slog if THE PLAN includes 10+ procedurally generated "Fully featured" sexual encounters every in-game day just to maybe get a couple of "original" (read, story, be it main or side) lines.
Just to weigh in quickly on an interesting discussion (but it has to be quick because I'm on a 5-minute pomodoro break :geek:), that's not the plan. Sex scene length will vary according to the context – so a shift at the brothel will typically be a series of short sex scenes. Other scenes can be longer as appropriate.

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
No, NPC generator would be unnecessary and pointless no matter what simply because the only portion of the game it's going to be used is grind... and worst kind of it, one that everyone will skip as much as possible some 15-20 minutes into the game.
Without an NPC generator there's no way for the game to differentiate between NPCs. They'll all have the same appearance, personality, nationality, kinks, skill as a lover, attraction to the heroine, attractiveness to the heroine, cock size, etc.

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
There's no stat grind planned for the game. Sex scenes should change as the heroine (for example) levels up in her Oral Sex skill, but the sex scenes are intended to be sexy at all skill levels. (For example, in the "Dubai Date" scene I'm working on right now: if the agent and Max make all their dice rolls, they have a quick, passionate and mutually satisfying fuck at the end of their first date. If they both fail all their dice rolls, a possible outcome is a sexually frustrated Max jerking off in an unaroused agent's mouth. Both outcomes and every outcome in between are sexy for different reasons, and you don't gain a better outcome if your stats are high, just a different one.)

In terms of "story grind", my position is that if the brothel scenes are boring then they're not implemented right. Making them sexy is specifically what I'm working on now.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes