Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
At the beginning you decide whether you like older men. The consequence is that the minimum age is increased by 5 years and the maximum age by 20 (?) Years.
When you yourself are 20 years old, relationships between 18 and 28 are no longer selected, but between 23 and 48.

So if you choose LoM, you can't date younger men anymore.
I once suggested that there should be some kind of counting system. Would mean if Kate had 20 random relationships, any relationship with a man who may be over 10 years old would generate a point for LoM. For example, if she collected 50 points, she would be offered the Kink LoM and she could now decide whether to accept it.

However, this would also mean that the NPCs would have to be generated more freely by the player since the current new election can be quite lengthy.

in the test phase i tried to get only men from 30 years of age at 18 NPCs. I didn't make it.
I chose only women for all my random relationships. It also took over 30 minutes until I was only shown women.

If the player were now given the opportunity to decide: [man / woman] [figure] [age] [hair color] and maybe a few more [ethnicity] [NPC-Kinks], the relationship with the NPCs would be a lot better have it cut to the chosen Kate.

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
Acquiring kinks does make more sense than being born with them. Kinks are a product of a person's personality with cultural and societal pressures after all. But, any more tweaking with the prologue will further delay Bangkok. I think the prologue serves to humanize Kate and get the player invested in her fortunes in Bangkok. AFAIK, the community submitted Kink Vignettes are also left to be implemented.

There was an NPC upgrade planned, wasn't there? But the more NPCs that are generated the more it will slow the game down esp. in Bangkok. As for Mercedes 's idea maybe the number of things Kate gets to change about each of her partners could be limited by how pretty she is? I.e. the prettier she is the shallower she gets to be. Model/Actress Kates get to choose everything and so on.

Reactions: Drachar

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
What becomes difficult are the thresholds, from when you are promiscuous, from when you like older men.
The former could still be easily counted, but with the second it also depends on the quality of the sex. She could only sleep with men over 40, but if 90% of them are disappointing, she is unlikely to get the kink.

On the other hand, there would be kinks that could be "innate".
Easy to excite or difficult to excite could fall into it. But it is not only a physical but also a mental handicap.

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
I think the simplest way would be a leveling system. You start with all kinks at level 1. Successful sexual interactions give you xp to level up. For each level you could get Kink Points that could be used for major story decisions and get exhausted as you use them. There is a little Twine game called 'Girlfriend' which uses a similar system for traits.

Barbiecued

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2019
I think the simplest way would be a leveling system. You start with all kinks at level 1. Successful sexual interactions give you xp to level up. For each level you could get Kink Points that could be used for major story decisions and get exhausted as you use them. There is a little Twine game called 'Girlfriend' which uses a similar system for traits.
No. Just no. There are too many grinding games out there already and it devalues the whole point of the story if the MC have to grind "experience" to become what the mission wants her to be. There needs to be character development through events and story not by fucking as many dicks as possible, otherwise its just another sex game in the "meh" category on this site.

elliet93

Jun 5, 2017
No. Just no. There are too many grinding games out there already and it devalues the whole point of the story if the MC have to grind "experience" to become what the mission wants her to be. There needs to be character development through events and story not by fucking as many dicks as possible, otherwise its just another sex game in the "meh" category on this site.
Sympathetic to your point. Even agree with it in large part. But I don't think this
I think the simplest way would be a leveling system. You start with all kinks at level 1. Successful sexual interactions give you xp to level up.
would necessitate grinding. (Get your mind out of the gutter! Oh wait...forgot where I was...) Anyways, I'm probably against "xp" as typically conceived, but increasing a level on a trait would be possible without it being grindy. The problem is when you need 100 xp to go up a level and there are 5 or 10 levels; then you end up with the "fucking as many dicks as possible" situation. But if it were a matter of just those few levels (and for that reason I'm against the spending of xp on certain events), I think that would feel pretty natural. As someone said above,
Acquiring kinks does make more sense than being born with them. Kinks are a product of a person's personality with cultural and societal pressures after all.
Real life doesn't require grinding (seriously, stop interpreting that in naughty ways every time I say it), but it does involve experience. I wasn't born with the sexual tastes I have now. No one was (thank goodness). So evolving into those, both situationally and by active choice, seems quite possible without dragging.

elliet93

Jun 5, 2017
If the player were now given the opportunity to decide: [man / woman] [figure] [age] [hair color] and maybe a few more [ethnicity] [NPC-Kinks], the relationship with the NPCs would be a lot better have it cut to the chosen Kate.
Hell, I'd be good with just gender and age. That's enough for visualized imagination. I've tried the whole "reload until everyone's the way I want" thing, and it takes eons. It can't be that hard to change these to a dropdown menu. No rewrite of the material already there needed, even. Give me limited choices (ie, a list of items like "a 40-year-old male taxi driver"), that's cool. Just don't make me press reload a gazillion times to find that one. Also, in the interest of realism (and if I'm remembering my glances at the code like 6 months ago correctly), shouldn't have to be dirt-poor to have that option available. Just saying...... :p

Kristof29

Aug 6, 2016
There is a beta build out but only for patreons. Dev still has a lot of tweaking to do it seems. The free version is supposed to be released in April. I wouldnt hold my breath though. There will be unforseen delays and its a public version so i dont expect it to be a priority for the dev and from the looks of it he has plenty of supporters on patreon. Also this new update is just the dubai sex scene rebuilt. No bangkok or any progression. Im setting this thread to ignore for now. They say a slow burn is exciting but honestly its exhausting.

Last edited:

boobthief

May 25, 2017
Shouldnt a version that is marked as something greater than 1 having the story that is described in the description?
Naw. SemVer suggests >1 as a public API but this isn't Major.Minor.Patch so that wouldn't apply. If anything, the versioning might be .NET style Major.Minor.Revision.Build but that's probably not a revision or an automated build so just higher numbers = hopefully better.

From the dev's :

PLANNED TIMELINE
– Release 1.6 to Analysts+ (around March 19th)
– General release of 1.6 (around April 2nd)
I'm going to guess that delivery date is going to slip quite a lot. But the developer has embraced an Agile workflow so people can follow the updates there / Trello / Discord.

All credit to the dev for taking it seriously, improving their skills. As they gain experience, their estimates, delivery, work life / IRL will get better. If I could say one thing - it would be this - "release early, release often, and always be working to deliver the next demo" (i.e. release to your beta testers as much as possible - share the creativity / share testing load / get feedback whenever possible) and keep up 100% good comms - people i.e. the patreon stakeholders are willing you to succeed!

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes