Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
According to changelog, Dubai has been at least a year in the game... and nothing has changed for almost a year.
You're a wizard. Teach me. Do you have courses?
2000 idiots send you money. Bravo.
Dubai was actually in the game right from the very start: version 1.0 ended after the agent got dressed up for the date. (There was no Lifepath, and no Operation LIONESS, and I drew all the artwork, it sucked.)

Obviously I can't teach you anything, because you already know so much more than everybody else. I bet almost nobody can teach you anything.

(However, I'm more than happy to share code or advice with anybody else who wants to make an adult game, HMU on Discord!)

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
Dubai was actually in the game right from the very start: version 1.0 ended after the agent got dressed up for the date. (There was no Lifepath, and no Operation LIONESS, and I drew all the artwork, it sucked.)

Obviously I can't teach you anything, because you already know so much more than everybody else. I bet almost nobody can teach you anything.

(However, I'm more than happy to share code or advice with anybody else who wants to make an adult game, HMU on Discord!)
I sometimes wonder how this forum manages to breed so many smug assholes that preach about how every developer that isn't putting out content fast enough to satisfy them is a leech milking their patrons... but then I remember that this is a space dedicated to providing an endless supply of lewd games for free to anyone and everyone.

Spawk

Jan 25, 2018
I sometimes wonder how this forum manages to breed so many smug assholes that preach about how every developer that isn't putting out content fast enough to satisfy them is a leech milking their patrons... but then I remember that this is a space dedicated to providing an endless supply of lewd games for free to anyone and everyone.
I absolutely agree with you. We are all human, we fail the deadlines, but when the last new content for the game was in the very first version, and it was at least two or three years ago, this is not normal. Six months ago, I noticed this game went through it and said, okay, it’s not bad, we’ll see how it goes on, maybe I will support the author, but there was no update. And what came out now is not an update.

Zer0zero

Oct 26, 2017
Exactly, that's the plan – sex scenes in the game should be more like the wet t-shirt contest (where there's a novel situation, decision points, different outcomes, etc). That's exactly why we needed to create the new sex scene mechanics.
Wait - what? I just said DONT make some auto text generator. That is soulless and artless and doesn't work. Those games that say "I verbX my AdjectiveX GentialY into your GenitalZ " bla bla is just trash. You can't autogenerate solid writing. Its just not going to work. Just hire writers - or recruit writers and layout a storyline and have awesome scenes written. Want variation? Write 4 version of each scene and have them randomly appear for playback or something. Just dont take something good and inject bad into it because it sounded good in workshop mode. Its bad - realize it and move forward.

kymico

Nov 29, 2016
I'd love to write multiple routes for an optional scene. Just give me a template.

I just want more content and I'm hoping all that XP stuff you see is put to good use once the game enters a more sandbox roadmap.

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
How are posts like this not trolling? or meant to throw a barb/bait? And yet? my posts supporting the developer are removed by admins?

This thread and these forums (correct me if i'm wrong) are not about your right to trash talk games/complain about development time. because if it was more than 50% of the games here could qualify. but beyond that this is a place i would hope, to give novel feedback. Nothing about 100 anons with 17 posts each rudely calling someone a fraud is new (you don't need to voice this if 100 people already did), nor arguably is it proper feedback. . . or even given in a tone that is not insulting.

Are these feedback forums? or insult and complain forums? let me know admins.
Thanks for the support, I really do appreciate it when people are supportive. Personally I do find this place useful, although I also have to keep in mind Neil Gaiman's advice:

Neil Gaiman said:
Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
So to me Spawk's complaint is valid, even though his diagnosis is completely wrong, and his tone seems calculated to be as hurtful as possible. I guess the reason is that he feels that the slow dev time is a kind of injustice that he wants to correct somehow? If that's the objective then Spawk you just can't punish me as badly as I can punish myself.

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Does that mean we can expect another update with Bangkok content in less than a month?
Definitely not, the next objective is the public release of 1.6 at the end of next week. 1.7 is intended to be the intro to Bangkok, but that's more than one sex scene, so it stands to reason it will take longer to write.

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Wait - what? I just said DONT make some auto text generator. That is soulless and artless and doesn't work. Those games that say "I verbX my AdjectiveX GentialY into your GenitalZ " bla bla is just trash. You can't autogenerate solid writing. Its just not going to work. Just hire writers - or recruit writers and layout a storyline and have awesome scenes written. Want variation? Write 4 version of each scene and have them randomly appear for playback or something. Just dont take something good and inject bad into it because it sounded good in workshop mode. Its bad - realize it and move forward.
It's not an auto text generator. What you're describing is how sex scenes worked in previous versions – the new Dubai scene in 1.6 is an example of the new format.

As to "just hiring writers" yeah the objective is indeed for writers to be able to contribute scenes and side quests in the future. There are some talented writers who've contributed scenes but implementing them is currently a challenge – I actually wanted to spend a couple weeks editing and incorporating some of the submissions in as the next version target, but the fans voted for Bangkok instead.

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
I'd love to write multiple routes for an optional scene. Just give me a template.

I just want more content and I'm hoping all that XP stuff you see is put to good use once the game enters a more sandbox roadmap.
Cool, and yeah that's the plan! Hit me up on Discord if you'd like to talk ideas for content. :)

Apr 3, 2019
Definitely not, the next objective is the public release of 1.6 at the end of next week. 1.7 is intended to be the intro to Bangkok, but that's more than one sex scene, so it stands to reason it will take longer to write.
Sounds reasonable, however, I'm curious about having "the public version" as a release goal. Are you changing anything for the public release based on patreon feedback?

Reactions: Crushstation

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Sounds reasonable, however, I'm curious about having "the public version" as a release goal. Are you changing anything for the public release based on patreon feedback?
Bug fixes, plus I'd like to include the alternate dress (we have new art for that, and it looks amazing), and the "bed sex" path so there's an alternate path through this scene.

Arkady

May 15, 2018
1.7 is intended to be the intro to Bangkok, but that's more than one sex scene, so it stands to reason it will take longer to write.
I maintain you should try to do an incremental update with one scene to test if that actually is possible within just a few weeks. Because if it is not, the systems probably are too complex and figuring out what you can simplify would be a good idea.

Orlu

Dec 10, 2018
Well, I tried it for the first time yesterday, and I must say that it is very promising. The concept is good, the core gameplay looks good, and the presentation is great. What people are saying, and the historical changelog (with associated dates) do make it look like the development cycle is very slow, but I'll wait and see what happens with that in future. With luck, having the structures in place and moving into a more "open" area of the game will help you and high-quality contributors expand the content at enough pace to keep things alive and interesting.

Fundamentally, quality and pace of releases are opposing interests, and it very much looks like the source of people's frustration here is just that you've opted to skew heavily towards quality. I'm impressed with it and wish you the best.

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
I maintain you should try to do an incremental update with one scene to test if that actually is possible within just a few weeks. Because if it is not, the systems probably are too complex and figuring out what you can simplify would be a good idea.
That's good advice, thanks, and it is in fact along the lines of what I'm planning to try with the forthcoming two-week sprints; smaller, clearer objectives.

Reactions: junkanon and Arkady

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Well, I tried it for the first time yesterday, and I must say that it is very promising. The concept is good, the core gameplay looks good, and the presentation is great. What people are saying, and the historical changelog (with associated dates) do make it look like the development cycle is very slow, but I'll wait and see what happens with that in future. With luck, having the structures in place and moving into a more "open" area of the game will help you and high-quality contributors expand the content at enough pace to keep things alive and interesting.

Fundamentally, quality and pace of releases are opposing interests, and it very much looks like the source of people's frustration here is just that you've opted to skew heavily towards quality. I'm impressed with it and wish you the best.
Thanks Orlu, I appreciate the encouraging feedback. :)

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes