Mar 18, 2019
What browser is that? I've played a fair few twine games but I've never hit that error. If you have an older browser upgrading might fix it. If you just have way more save data than I do, you're just going to have to delete some saves. If you use save to disk, there shouldn't be a quota for those in most cases.
I'm using up-to-date Chrome, and using the in game save system. The actual save system of course creates local files, and I imagine they are stored in some local directory that is shared for all Twine games. And since I've played many, maybe this directory has grown a bit in size. But I can't find it, and I don't want to delete all of my browser data. And it would be very annoying to look up random old games, download them, open the save system, and delete saves through them.
Its not that I lack disk space, I just think Chrome doesn't let Twine grow too big in file size of file number for its own data directory (which I can't find).

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I'm using up-to-date Chrome, and using the in game save system. The actual save system of course creates local files, and I imagine they are stored in some local directory that is shared for all Twine games. And since I've played many, maybe this directory has grown a bit in size. But I can't find it, and I don't want to delete all of my browser data. And it would be very annoying to look up random old games, download them, open the save system, and delete saves through them.
Its not that I lack disk space, I just think Chrome doesn't let Twine grow too big in file size of file number for its own data directory (which I can't find).
No, regular save slots create entries in Chrome's localStorage database, not loose files. If you scroll down below the regular save slots, you'll see 'Save to Disk' and 'Load from Disk', these let you save and load from files.
If you want to try and delete browser saves without loading up the game they're from, the only real way is to use the localStorage API in the browser console, but that isn't easy. Unless you want to clear all data that any local files have written, that nuclear option is easy enough.

Mar 18, 2019
You are right, they weren't individual files in a folder. I found them by opening a Twine game, opening the developer console (with F12) and going to the Application tab. From there on to Storage, Local Storage, and File://. It had a lot of Twine game saves. Cleared them up, and I can use the save function as normal.
Thank you for the help!

Reactions: mudimud

johnjacobsjacky

Aug 6, 2019
Crushstation I saw you ask for feedback on Reddit and came here to post it. For context, I followed the game closely for its first two years. I lost interest when it felt like there was nothing of substance being added. You probably have like $50 from me via Patreon. Still like what's there, still love the concept, just felt like I was throwing money down the drain instead of supporting a creation.

I check back every few months and try updates when I see them, so I'm very familiar with the existing content.

So I've played through the Max encounter several times, then went back and played through the first sex chunk of Lioness to see if there was any difference. Bear in mind that while I keep up with the game, I don't pay much attention to this forum or the Patreon. If you have the goals or intent of this new system laid out somewhere, I don't know them.

I assume it has to do with the pop-ups about arousal/reactions in the top right, as well as skill checks in scenes and your character's experience level with vaginal/anal/oral. I liked both of those things and found they made the game feel more organic. If that's the direction the game is headed, I'm on board. More divergence and branching is great.

That said, I don't feel like the Max encounter was a good window into what you're working on. Even in the previous version, it was a pretty scripted scene. I would be more interested to see how it plays out during Lioness. I've always assumed the end goal for Bangkok would be randomized events/customers like that.

M2xim

Jun 10, 2018
Something i didn't expect was to get hooked by the story. So much i sometime forget this is supposed to be about sex. :LOL:

Now i'm sad it ended so abruptly, i want more lol

• Love
Reactions: Crushstation

MidaHanna

Jul 2, 2017
Just took a look at the task list and one thing in particular baffled me. The scenes for Bangkok aren't already written ? You've not even started writing them ? I understand if you hadn't coded them in or something, but you mean that for basically two years now you've only ever looked at the code and the prologue without writing a single scene for Bangkok ?

Reactions: AlteredCarbon

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Something i didn't expect was to get hooked by the story. So much i sometime forget this is supposed to be about sex. :LOL:

Now i'm sad it ended so abruptly, i want more lol
I really don't want to become the annoying guy, because I want to see the game flourish as much as everyone here. But there is no story yet. We are waiting for the story to begin. More and more impatiently.

There is a story idea, and everybody tends to imagine it could be great.

I take the "mini missions" as some kind of proof of concept, but I would notcall the seduction-safe-house-stuff a story, and the (well done) part that finishes the demo for now is a very short story at most (agent meets and seduces delinquent and fucks him in order to get evidence, END OF STORY). All the rest is character creation. Interesting way of character creation, indeed. But still nothing more than this and absolutely no story telling at all.

Reactions: AlteredCarbon

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
I take the "mini missions" as some kind of proof of concept, but I would notcall the seduction-safe-house-stuff a story, and the (well done) part that finishes the demo for now is a very short story at most (agent meets and seduces delinquent and fucks him in order to get evidence, END OF STORY). All the rest is character creation. Interesting way of character creation, indeed. But still nothing more than this and absolutely no story telling at all.
Hey ray3dave, could you elaborate on this a little for me? What did you like about the scene, and what could be done better?

Reactions: ray3dave

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Hey ray3dave, could you elaborate on this a little for me? What did you like about the scene, and what could be done better?
Thanks for asking - I guess I will have time on the weekend and try to make some more constructive comment elaborating my view on the game so far. I promise to put some love into it as I am still hoping this will be great some day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crushstation

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Just took a look at the task list and one thing in particular baffled me. The scenes for Bangkok aren't already written ? You've not even started writing them ? I understand if you hadn't coded them in or something, but you mean that for basically two years now you've only ever looked at the code and the prologue without writing a single scene for Bangkok ?
I've found that the act of coding the scenes can affect their structure. It's not as simple as just writing the scenes like they're in a novel, then pasting them in as code; the two things interact and affect each other. (I'll write more about this if anybody is interested.)

The specific scenes in the list are outlined but not written. I've got lots of outlines, sections of dialogue and other raw material ready to be incorporated into the game when development catches up with my brain! But in general I would love to spend more time writing than I do. One of the objectives of 1.6 was learning how to write scenes that make use of the RPG rules; we're planning to do some work on streamlining that process with documented code snippets and templates, which should help with that (and with bringing aboard other writers).

Reactions: PinkBishop

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
I tried out 1.6 and while it's definitely better than it was before, it still feels like there should be more control, like we should be able to choose whether her focus is trying to finish him off quickly to get it over with, whether she's trying to enjoy herself, or what.
Very interesting feedback, thanks! One of the big challenges in the new scene was working out how often to offer dialogue/decision choices. Too many sucked the energy out of the scene, too few made it feel like the game was taking over my character for the sex scene.

I'm not sure the balance is right yet, so could you dig into this a little bit for me? Do you remember where you'd have liked to have more control options presented, and what effects you'd have liked to see?

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Crushstation I saw you ask for feedback on Reddit and came here to post it. For context, I followed the game closely for its first two years. I lost interest when it felt like there was nothing of substance being added. You probably have like $50 from me via Patreon. Still like what's there, still love the concept, just felt like I was throwing money down the drain instead of supporting a creation.

I check back every few months and try updates when I see them, so I'm very familiar with the existing content.

So I've played through the Max encounter several times, then went back and played through the first sex chunk of Lioness to see if there was any difference. Bear in mind that while I keep up with the game, I don't pay much attention to this forum or the Patreon. If you have the goals or intent of this new system laid out somewhere, I don't know them.

I assume it has to do with the pop-ups about arousal/reactions in the top right, as well as skill checks in scenes and your character's experience level with vaginal/anal/oral. I liked both of those things and found they made the game feel more organic. If that's the direction the game is headed, I'm on board. More divergence and branching is great.

That said, I don't feel like the Max encounter was a good window into what you're working on. Even in the previous version, it was a pretty scripted scene. I would be more interested to see how it plays out during Lioness. I've always assumed the end goal for Bangkok would be randomized events/customers like that.
Firstly thank you for the financial support, you helped make Female Agent! <3

Secondly: astute observation. :-D The plan is indeed to make the sex scenes more dynamic and emergent. And yeah, this is preparation for Bangkok!

We chose the Max encounter specifically because it would be easier to implement than a scene with random NPCs. Upgrading the safehouse scenes was actually what I wanted to move onto next, but I got outvoted so we're doing Intro to Bangkok instead as the next major release.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes