VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fertile And Mating [Ep 3] [famtasy]

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
Was this guy lining his pockets like people say? Because if that's the case it doesn't make sense to abandon the game instead of milking it. Usually devs abandon a game when they don't make the money they expect to make.
Pity, I liked this game.
Pretty sure he had an earthquake warning or tornado warning and that was the last anyone heard of him

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
I have a faint recollection that this game made at least some money. Not sure if it was what they'd call "enough", but some. It just plummeted immediately when it became clear this project was dumped, unlike some others where people in denial keep pumping money in for months. Also, the charging was switched to "up front" conveniently few days before the final post. So yeah, they're milking. The cow just happens to be almost dead.
Thats all a lie

Reactions: lancelotdulak

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
I have a faint recollection that this game made at least some money. Not sure if it was what they'd call "enough", but some. It just plummeted immediately when it became clear this project was dumped, unlike some others where people in denial keep pumping money in for months. Also, the charging was switched to "up front" conveniently few days before the final post. So yeah, they're milking. The cow just happens to be almost dead.
The reason it was turned to upfront was because at the time Patreon was having issues with payments

irezawa

Nov 4, 2017
Thats all a lie
Uhm...

There really are devs who keep milking their supporters long after they've stopped working on their projects, so that's a fact. Charging was switched few days before final post, anyone can see it, so that's a fact. And the project is still there so the dev doesn't mind getting money for something he clearly isn't working on anymore. So... another fact! Which means the only thing I can't confirm right now is how much money this game was making while it was still alive. I'm pretty sure someone can, though. So I'm sorry, but the Trump-defense doesn't work. It doesn't work for him so why would it work for you?

Look. No matter what the reason for charging up front was, no matter what the reason for dumping this game was, this project is still up and the dev is gladly taking money for nothing. And if something's really happened to him, that means this game is gone for good and you can stop funding it. Yes, you. Because you sure seem like you're one of those 9 suckers who are still there.

Noneless

Jul 27, 2017
I read somewhere that where famtasy live happen to have a hurricane or something like that.

I dont think he's milking, just dead.

VictorDoUrden

May 5, 2020
Isnt it also disturbing that there arent any other people or cars in the background?
I know this is a old as fuck thing to mention but to those that see this or wonder the same it's not all that.. or wasnt that uncommon before the virus sillyness. Some bum fuck out in almost nowhere midwest/southern (in usa I mean) is what the image reminds me of

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
More crap and people in the background = longer rendering less to nothing in the back ground = faster rendering.

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
Uhm...

There really are devs who keep milking their supporters long after they've stopped working on their projects, so that's a fact. Charging was switched few days before final post, anyone can see it, so that's a fact. And the project is still there so the dev doesn't mind getting money for something he clearly isn't working on anymore. So... another fact! Which means the only thing I can't confirm right now is how much money this game was making while it was still alive. I'm pretty sure someone can, though. So I'm sorry, but the Trump-defense doesn't work. It doesn't work for him so why would it work for you?

Look. No matter what the reason for charging up front was, no matter what the reason for dumping this game was, this project is still up and the dev is gladly taking money for nothing. And if something's really happened to him, that means this game is gone for good and you can stop funding it. Yes, you. Because you sure seem like you're one of those 9 suckers who are still there.
Again all lies, Yes there are devs that are like that but Famtasy wasn't that's a fact, charging was switched because there were issues with patreon which Famtasy sent out messages to patreons at the time of the change confirming there were issues so that's a fact. The last thing I heard from Famtasy which was after the last post was that his country had just had a hurricane warning and that was it so obviously the game would still be there and still be up so that's another FACT! Please don't throw facts at me as if you know the situation because you clearly don't. I stopped pledging to him about 2 months after his last post, I might seem like the type of guy to defend someone who would milk his patrons but i'm not . Though you seem like the type of person who jumps to conclusions on facts that aren't true as clearly shown.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lycan Huntz4Oppai

irezawa

Nov 4, 2017
Again all lies, Yes there are devs that are like that but Famtasy wasn't that's a fact, charging was switched because there were issues with patreon which Famtasy sent out messages to patreons at the time of the change confirming there were issues so that's a fact. The last thing I heard from Famtasy which was after the last post was that his country had just had a hurricane warning and that was it so obviously the game would still be there and still be up so that's another FACT! Please don't throw facts at me as if you know the situation because you clearly don't. I stopped pledging to him about 2 months after his last post, I might seem like the type of guy to defend someone who would milk his patrons but i'm not . Though you seem like the type of person who jumps to conclusions on facts that aren't true as clearly shown.
It's been almost a year since my post and you still can't dispute any of it, yet somehow you're still trying. What you claim as a fact is something you say you've heard. What I claim as facts (see the plural) is what anyone can see at any time, even right now. Just give it a rest, will you?

There are crooked devs - You can't deny this, there's a bunch of them
Charging was switched to up front right before this project went MIA - You can't deny this, it's
The project was at the time of my post, AND STILL IS, up there and getting money - You can't deny this, it's

Those were the points of my post, you even quoted all of it, and you can see that they really are, in fact, facts. F-A-C-T-S. Not something someone has heard, but something that is literally for anyone to see. So could you just give it a rest and stop calling everything you disagree with lies? I understand that you don't like anything I say and I really don't even expect you to like it, but a fact is a fact, no matter how unpleasant. Deal with it. Grow up.

Over and out.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The project was at the time of my post, AND STILL IS, up there and getting money - You can't deny this, it's
12 dollars a month.

Can't wait for the dev to flex pictures of his new Lambo.

Give it about 800 years and he'll be there with the ballers.

Reactions: yoyomistro

irezawa

Nov 4, 2017
12 dollars a month.

Can't wait for the dev to flex pictures of his new Lambo.

Give it about 800 years and he'll be there with the ballers.
I'm sure you already got the point, but since it's the Internet in 2020, I better play it safe and expect everyone's a dumbass.

This project went tits up in July 2018 and in June 2019 I pointed out that the dev never shut it down, but was still taking money for it. Now, after almost two years of nada, this project is only getting $12 a month. Which, although it is pretty measly sum indeed, still means that the dev has no problem with taking money for nothing. And yeah yeah, "if you don't notice you're paying for nothing, you deserve to lose your money" and all that jazz, but that's not the point and it doesn't change anything. Neither does this one chump who's running around screaming LIES! LIES ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Reactions: Vollezar

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
Which, although it is pretty measly sum indeed, still means that the dev has no problem with taking money for nothing.
It also means those giving that money to the dev "for nothing" are either happy to do so, or just don't care that the dev hasn't "earned" it.

anonymous: I would like to give you some money for free.
dev: Sorry I can't accept that gift, as I am principled person that can't accept such unless it is earned.
anonymous: but I don't require you to do anything for it, it's a gift.
dev: No, I am unable to accept such because some people I don't know will think I'm taking advantage of you.

irezawa

Nov 4, 2017
It also means those giving that money to the dev "for nothing" are either happy to do so, or just don't care that the dev hasn't "earned" it.
This is why I assume that everyone's a dumbass.

Your comment could probably make some distant sense if it was literally absolutely impossible to shut down your own Patreon page once you set it up. I don't have one so I don't know for sure, but I have a pretty strong hunch that it is indeed possible to put an end to your project. This dev never did that. And if it really was impossible, he could at least make a public post where he tells people to stop giving him any money.

Reactions: jospaghettio

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
... he could at least make a public post where he tells people to stop giving him any money.
So you believe it's the responsibility of the Dev to tell those people what to do with their money, instead of the responsibility of those people to make their own decisions? Interesting.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So you believe it's the responsibility of the Dev to tell those people what to do with their money, instead of the responsibility of those people to make their own decisions? Interesting.
I've always maintained people are responsible for their own shit.

Personal responsibility is a thing.

Far too many people blame others for their own fuck ups. When it comes to finances it's always, always, always the responsibility of the people paying to keep track of their own money.

Said it once here but it's nobody else's business what anyone does with their own money. If I want to pay money to a shit milking dev then that's my right as the person earning it. I work damn hard for my money and i'll do what I want with it.

Just like it's not my business what anyone else here spends their money on.

If this dev is still making money then that's on the people paying no one else.

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes