VN Ren'Py Fighting for Love [v0.2] [Serpentbreath3D]

4.10 star(s) 12 Votes

Serpentbreath3D

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2023
played the game until the training scene with both girls but it kills my cpu sadly (had no problemsm prior in the game) hope that this will get fixed until the next update (or my laptop deciding to stop annoying me). loved it until then
Alright, I tried finding a solution high and low, but I really have no idea what could be going on. My only thought was that maybe because it's because my game is in 2k resolution and that's somehow giving you trouble? But then that wouldn't explain why its just that scene... I've only had one other person mention lagging post-optimization, but they said it was all throughout the game and not just that scene, so I'm really at loss at what it could be. Of course I'll keep trying, but for now, sadly it looks like I won't have a solution for you.

rdmsvg

Jun 29, 2022
Alright, I tried finding a solution high and low, but I really have no idea what could be going on. My only thought was that maybe because it's because my game is in 2k resolution and that's somehow giving you trouble? But then that wouldn't explain why its just that scene... I've only had one other person mention lagging post-optimization, but they said it was all throughout the game and not just that scene, so I'm really at loss at what it could be. Of course I'll keep trying, but for now, sadly it looks like I won't have a solution for you.
Good time! Use RenPy 7.4.11 and you won't have any problems. Many people don't have such powerful computers, most people use rather weak PCs. I run the game on 7.4.11 and the video doesn't slow down. And on 8 RenPy, the processor loads 100%.

Reactions: Serpentbreath3D

Serpentbreath3D

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2023
Good time! Use RenPy 7.4.11 and you won't have any problems. Many people don't have such powerful computers, most people use rather weak PCs. I run the game on 7.4.11 and the video doesn't slow down. And on 8 RenPy, the processor loads 100%.
Interesting! I’m going to do some research - and then try implementing it for v0.3’s release to see if it helps. Thanks for the tip friend! <3

Reactions: rdmsvg

izumou

Jul 19, 2020
Thank you for your time

• Red Heart
Reactions: Serpentbreath3D

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
Serpentbreath3D in the future tags you have female dom and lesbian listed im not into either of those was wondering if those where going to be avoidable i would include any girl on girl in threesomes in that question

Serpentbreath3D

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2023
Serpentbreath3D in the future tags you have female dom and lesbian listed im not into either of those was wondering if those where going to be avoidable i would include any girl on girl in threesomes in that question
I can say with certainty that female dom and straight lesbianism will be avoidable, but I'm not certain yet about the girls kissing in threesomes etc. If I code the lesbian avoidable option to be a button you can click on and off in the main menu (along with other kinks), then I'm sure I'll be able to include "lesbian on/lesbian off/lesbian off + girls kissing in threesomes off" as options. But I'm not sure if that's the route I'll go yet, so sorry if I can't provide a definitive answer to that last part of your question right now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MixQQ

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
I can say with certainty that female dom and straight lesbianism will be avoidable, but I'm not certain yet about the girls kissing in threesomes etc. If I code the lesbian avoidable option to be a button you can click on and off in the main menu (along with other kinks), then I'm sure I'll be able to include "lesbian on/lesbian off/lesbian off + girls kissing in threesomes off" as options. But I'm not sure if that's the route I'll go yet, so sorry if I can't provide a definitive answer to that last part of your question right now.
i will wait to try until a descision is made on that because to me lesbian is as big a red flag as ntr is. in the button option you talked about if implemented would that also affect dialog to reflect that nothing happened between the LI's?

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023
I have a question, maybe it’s stupid, but still: - i play the version Fighting for Love-0.1, the game ended after a pizza dinner with my cousin, then i downloaded Fighting for Love-0.2, but there is nothing new in this version - can someone explain why?

Serpentbreath3D

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2023
i will wait to try until a descision is made on that because to me lesbian is as big a red flag as ntr is. in the button option you talked about if implemented would that also affect dialog to reflect that nothing happened between the LI's?
Yup, the avoidable things would just not happen in the game, not just "not-seen".

Serpentbreath3D

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2023
I have a question, maybe it’s stupid, but still: - i play the version Fighting for Love-0.1, the game ended after a pizza dinner with my cousin, then i downloaded Fighting for Love-0.2, but there is nothing new in this version - can someone explain why?
You mean your landlady's niece? But what happened was that you first played the initial release of v0.2, which had a folder name discrepancy and was named "v1.0" (the base name of the folder that renpy automatically gives it unless you change it). A week after the initial release of v0.2, I optimized the game, fixed some dialogue, and also fixed the folder name to "v0.2". But both versions you played were v0.2.

Reactions: ItsNotUs

laszlo12

Sep 27, 2018
1711394420257.png

Hey everybody :)

I achieved 167 new renders this week, finishing up all of the rendering for v0.3. The total now sits at 880 renders and 3 animations. I did also go back and pose 2 new animations this week, so once those both render out, there will then be 5 animations total, instead of 3. I'm sure that during the final polishing phase, I will also add some more renders once I've played through the game and notice things I want to add/change.

But now it's on to the final polishing stage! The plan for this week is to get all the post-work done on the renders, and if I can finish that before the end of the week, I will move on to putting the game together/coding. Then the week after that will be playtesting and making all the necessary adjustments from there.

It roughly takes me 3-5 minutes to do the post-work for each image, so: 880 renders x 3 minutes, equals out to 2640 minutes— or more usefully, 44 hours. Of course I'm not able to work on this game full time, but with the benefit of being able to work all day on the weekends, I should be able to get all the post-work done this week.

But yeah, that's the plan for the week. I'm going to go ahead and get started on that post-work, and leave this dev update off with a render from the final scene of v0.3. I hope y'all have a wonderful week ahead, and I'll see you guys in the next one. ❤

-Serpentbreath3D

laszlo12

Sep 27, 2018
1712169943006.png

Hey everybody :)

Sorry that I'm two days late with the update. A bunch of last-minute things ended up happening, but long story short, I ended up moving out at the start of this month. So I've just been a little bit preoccupied with the unexpected move and everything, and have also only just gotten my internet back up again yesterday. Still kind of settling in to the new place, but overall, the move should not affect things much, except that I maybe lost a few days of productivity.

But before I got interrupted with the move, I got close to half of the post-work done on all the renders. I have gone back to doing them since yesterday, and once those are complete, I will then move on to the final bit of coding that I need to finish. Should have both of those tasks done by the end of this week.

I also made a final decision on the tracks that I want to be present in the game's new soundtrack, and just need to position them accordingly once I get to the final polishing phase. I like this new soundtrack a lot better and feel it will match the different scenes in my game a whole lot better.

But that's about all for this one, folks. Just going to finish up the rest of the post-work, move on to coding later in the week, and then starting next week, I’ll tackle improving the UI, making an animated main menu, and then applying all the final polishes to the game.

Hope y'all have a fantastic week ahead though! Thanks for all your continued support, and I'll see you guys in the next one! <3

-Serpentbreath3D

4.10 star(s) 12 Votes