• Stick with 3DSMax.

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Go back to DAZ.

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
This is not true anymore, it was a lot of misinformation, and not knowing Daz enough, after I optimized everything I can render scenes in a "timely" manner :D

But I have a gtx 970 and my CPU is FX-6300
AWWWWW man, you really need Ryzen.
I just got it like 2 weeks ago.

Also, since your GPU is doing all the heavy lifting in Iray, you could do renders 3-4x faster than on your trusty old 970. :)

I know it costs money.
I hope you get enough Patreon support.

Reactions: Archast

mastacheata

Aug 22, 2017
I know this might no longer be relevant, but people were telling you misinformation two times in this thread:
#1 The thing about RPG Maker VX Ace being limited to 640x480 isn't exactly true. All RPG Maker were built to have a full map taking up 544x416 (MV upped that by 1.5 to 816x624). That's only true for the original/official tilesets, though. Images/Scenes and battle backgrounds aren't limited to that resolution.

#2 About the DAZ license for animations: Animations as in Videos, Gifs or MJPEGs are fine with the standard license.
Animations that are merely based on the models of Daz, but are actually controlled by the Game engine require you to buy the Interactive license addon for every asset the game engine controls.
i.e.: With that license you could go and change Lara in the Tomb Raider games to use one of the Daz figures instead and play the whole "interactive" game.

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey mastacheata, thanks for the info! The daz license I learned a bit later I started with the project, that's why I'm only using stills, no 3d interactive model on my game :D, and about rpgmaker the entire tool has some quirky limitations, I guess it's much more streamlined to the kind of game I'm making, but I couldn't live with them :coldsweat:.

And @RobJoy sorry for ignoring your response for so long, it flew by me... But I had a hardware upgrade later this year, I got a used first gen Titan X, it's old and I bought it cheap, but it's rendering almost 4 times faster than my 970 ever could, so I'm really, really better served now.

mastacheata

Aug 22, 2017
and about rpgmaker the entire tool has some quirky limitations, I guess it's much more streamlined to the kind of game I'm making, but I couldn't live with them :coldsweat:.
The GUI tool is rather limited, but as of MV I no longer need to learn Ruby and the finished game is just a website and an embedded webkit/blink/chromium browser, which makes it easily portable.
guess this is like so many things in programming/developing stuff just a matter of personal preference. (I'm a web dev by trade, so JS is an advantage to me, but anyone not familiar with the very different prototype based objects of JS will find these strange at first. At least when coming from other OOP languages)

But we're drifting off. I just wanted to clarify those things (especially the DAZ license terms which are often times misinterpreted) and not push you into any direction.

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Yeah @mastacheata, at the end engines are there to be used for those that feel comfortable with them :D. But don't feel like you're pressuring me, I'm at 50% of the development, I wouldn't change engines now even if I found the best one ever, but for my next game I want to create a 3D environment, and for that the interactive license will be needed.

Reactions: mastacheata

boredomj

Jul 27, 2017
Just a thought, but have you tried looking into OctaneRender? There is a monthly subscription for it and it renders faster than Iray. :)

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Just a thought, but have you tried looking into OctaneRender? There is a monthly subscription for it and it renders faster than Iray. :)
Check the dates - the thread you have raised from the dead had no new posts :pfor nearly 2 years. lol

• Haha

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
I've got a 1080ti in the meanwhile, render times are not a problem anymore :)
Check the dates - the thread you have raised from the dead had no new posts :pfor nearly 2 years. lol
And this too :D

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Ok guys, started building charaters, in Daz, seems I can't get them to export... Which program, do you guys use, to put everything together, to start your story ???

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Ok guys, started building charaters, in Daz, seems I can't get them to export... Which program, do you guys use, to put everything together, to start your story ???
You should start a new thread with your question instead of adding onto someone else's 2 year old game-dev thread.