• Stick with 3DSMax.

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Go back to DAZ.

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

qwe123123

Jun 8, 2017
Hi, I really like the demo, it has a lot of potential. My main problem (apart from lack of content) is the lack of options/controls/save and that as far as I can tell there is no button for skipping text, so when I accidentally press too fast I skip a choice (generally RPGMaker has a different button for skipping text). You should try to change the controls so the game can only be played with one hand, for obvious reasons.

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Hi, I really like the demo, it has a lot of potential. My main problem (apart from lack of content) is the lack of options/controls/save and that as far as I can tell there is no button for skipping text, so when I accidentally press too fast I skip a choice (generally RPGMaker has a different button for skipping text). You should try to change the controls so the game can only be played with one hand, for obvious reasons.
That's actually a pretty valid concern that I haven't given much thought, I'm planning to put control mapping to work, so you can choose whatever you like better, but right now you can already use WASD to walk around and space to interact, so it's already one hand friendly, but the options are coming on the next version, I'm working on the save system right now and I'm creating the menus alongside it.

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Guys, Itch.io page is alive! Take the link: the password is "f95zone".
For those that use the itch app it will let you update the game by just downloading patches, instead of having to download the whole game every time I update.

Reactions: blind and Krull

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Hey guys, give me your opinion please, should I release smaller chunks of content or keep it until I have a whole day ready to go? Right now I'm intending to just release after a full game day is ready, but I want to hear about you all, what do you think?

blind

Mar 16, 2017
Hey guys, give me your opinion please, should I release smaller chunks of content or keep it until I have a whole day ready to go? Right now I'm intending to just release after a full game day is ready, but I want to hear about you all, what do you think?
Probably the best way is to release a whole day. Then, you can save some time to address some bug extermination, based on the feedbacks of the players. =)

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017
It's best if you release a full day then maybe you can release chunks after that. It's up to you though. Whichever works best for you.

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Probably the best way is to release a whole day. Then, you can save some time to address some bug extermination, based on the feedbacks of the players. =)
I actually have not considered that, thanks :).

It's best if you release a full day then maybe you can release chunks after that. It's up to you though. Whichever works best for you.
I think I'll go with full days, it's better to play more each time than to play 10-15 min every week or so.

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Guys, I've been thinking for a while of the patreon thing, some members suggested that I created one. So after some thought I've created a page, but I'm not so sure if it's fair and clear with everything I have in mind, so as you all have been with me from the start and are my control group, what do you think?

Here's the page, I'm not sure if this is a good idea and would like to know what you think, and if it's well presented. If you see the posting dates you will realize that I'm not rushing this patreon thing, so take your time to evaluate.

And just to be clear, the next version will be here first, I won't screw with you all :D. And thanks!

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Just a status report, this week I've been working on the dialogue system, I was using one that I found to be lackluster, so I'm redoing it while it doesn't escalate into a giant mess, it will give me more work but it's to give you all a better experience. I think I'll have something to show you all this weekend :D

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
I had some time this weekend to work on the game, so I'm finally done with all the writing, and setting all the flags and variables that need to be in place for the next update. Right now what's left is to sort the save system (I'm stuck with this one) and to finish the art for 1 scene, I'm started but it's not done yet. And as promised here's something: The revamped portrait :D MarcySmallSmileNoBra.png

And as a side note, I'll need someone to help me out proof reading this version, can anyone help me in that?

Reactions: blind and lunamm

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017
I had some time this weekend to work on the game, so I'm finally done with all the writing, and setting all the flags and variables that need to be in place for the next update. Right now what's left is to sort the save system (I'm stuck with this one) and to finish the art for 1 scene, I'm started but it's not done yet. And as promised here's something: The revamped portrait :D View attachment 8098

And as a side note, I'll need someone to help me out proof reading this version, can anyone help me in that?
I could help you proofread.

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Heys guys, the update is coming along nicely, found some nasty bugs but it's all under control now, still have 1 scene to finish the renders, but after that the content will be truly finished for this version, I'm almost sure I can end everything before the end of July, see you guys on the other side :D.

**I'll duplicate this post on the main thread just to be sure everyone can see.

Reactions: marcoforte68

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
New version up! Details in the main thread, download from the :D

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
May I ask, what your computer specs are?

I can NOT believe you render 1 scene for 10 hours.

Takes seconds to minutes on 1800x Ryzen and 1080 Ti with Iray.

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
May I ask, what your computer specs are?

I can NOT believe you render 1 scene for 10 hours.

Takes seconds to minutes on 1800x Ryzen and 1080 Ti with Iray.
This is not true anymore, it was a lot of misinformation, and not knowing Daz enough, after I optimized everything I can render scenes in a "timely" manner :D

But I have a gtx 970 and my CPU is FX-6300