• Stick with 3DSMax.

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Go back to DAZ.

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
i wonder where you all takes your models from? this is my problem in making adult game, you probably just make your own ye?
A lot of the games here use either Daz3d models or Illusion's various studios (Honey select, Sexy Beach Premium Resort).

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
i wonder where you all takes your models from? this is my problem in making adult game, you probably just make your own ye?
Mine are not stack from daz store, but they were originally from there, I just changed them up to my liking, but they are from daz as most of 3d cgs around the web.

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Guys, I need some advice, I'm doing a night render and don't know if the lighting is ok, what do you think? It's for the second sleep night.

marcySleep.png

Haexoi

Apr 12, 2017
Don't know how much flexibility you have in 3ds regarding posing this, maybe repose it in daz3d and export again - but she looks rather unnatural like that. Her boob is literally supporting her entire upper body weight. You can get tools to "squish" the boob down. Hell, it would look better if the boob was poking through the mattress.

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Looks way too bright unless the lights are supposed to be on.
Not supposed, just some indirect light coming from the hall, I'll tone it down.

Don't know how much flexibility you have in 3ds regarding posing this, maybe repose it in daz3d and export again - but she looks rather unnatural like that. Her boob is literally supporting her entire upper body weight. You can get tools to "squish" the boob down. Hell, it would look better if the boob was poking through the mattress.
I'm back with daz, 3DS doesn't like daz hairs and I don't have the time I once had to learn, daz is slower but "works". And the pose is not final yet, I agree that it's not natural and I'll work on it before the final render, but thanks for the heads up anyway :D. And for the blue light, I might do that, I think it will not put the render too dark and set the mood right.

Reactions: Haexoi

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Looks fine but show a sex scene render, that's the real make o breaker for me
I was working on something that I'm needing already, it will take a while to get to the sex scenes I'm afraid... I can do a test render just for fun though.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
She walks well. I'd just dial down the jiggliness of the breasts a little bit.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Regarding your lighting - stick to a few very basic rules that are generally excepted in art and light. If you want night lightning use a touch of blue in your light source and even easier in DAZ: use the environment settings in the render settings to your full advantage. You can use a HDRI environment map light ( i know for sure there are several free night ones out there) and just use that source as your lighting (no headlamps or scene lights whatsoever).

As of using DAZ figures as animated unity assets: be careful regarding the licence. 2d and 3d work differently for those

P.S.: Your animation looks awfully similar to the sexy walk in Skyrim - coincidence or is it the base for it?

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
She walks well. I'd just dial down the jiggliness of the breasts a little bit.
That animation is made for a naked or bra-less woman, I'll need to fine tune it a lot, but I'm afraid of it delaying the development time...

Regarding your lighting - stick to a few very basic rules that are generally excepted in art and light. If you want night lightning use a touch of blue in your light source and even easier in DAZ: use the environment settings in the render settings to your full advantage. You can use a HDRI environment map light ( i know for sure there are several free night ones out there) and just use that source as your lighting (no headlamps or scene lights whatsoever).

As of using DAZ figures as animated unity assets: be careful regarding the licence. 2d and 3d work differently for those

P.S.: Your animation looks awfully similar to the sexy walk in Skyrim - coincidence or is it the base for it?
That scene is using HDRI maps with some fill lights to light up the darker areas, and about the license I hadn't know about it... Might check before putting inside the game, and the animation is from the daz store, but I don't know the real origin behind it.

Nope... she's still got pants on... heh heh!!

It still looks a bit bright - but maybe she likes sleeping with a night light on!
The pants problem will go in a few nights :p, and brightness was darker, but I wanted the player to still "see" everything, but I wanted to pass the night vibe :)

But do you guys it's a justified investment of my time? Would walking and other animations raise the quality of the game significantly?

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
You should ask the other way around: Does a fully animated character serve a specific purpose in the game or is it just eye candy? Could you depict the same thing with just a still-picture or a series of them?

What you are asking is a bit like Pandora's box. Once you open it there is no way of going back without having a bunch of users complaining. Will you be able to finish the full game when you start playing with full animated characters (be realistic)?

I can at least from my personal point of view answer: I rather have a somewhat complete and working game with a full scope and ending instead of something partial that looks fancy.

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
You should ask the other way around: Does a fully animated character serve a specific purpose in the game or is it just eye candy?
Just eye candy, but imho I think it aggregates value to the game.

Could you depict the same thing with just a still-picture or a series of them?
I could, but it's actually easier to animate and use a gif or movie, with unity I don't have the constraints I have with rpg maker for example.

What you are asking is a bit like Pandora's box. Once you open it there is no way of going back without having a bunch of users complaining. Will you be able to finish the full game when you start playing with full animated characters (be realistic)?
That is my main fear, my game only has 5 days to be short enough for me to finish, as a way to experiment and test myself, I don't wanna over promise and under deliver, but I think a walking animation wouldn't take much of my time, but if I had to animate every single scene it would become hard for me to keep up.

I can at least from my personal point of view answer: I rather have a somewhat complete and working game with a full scope and ending instead of something partial that looks fancy.
Couldn't agree more, that is my main concern, right now the animation is just a test as it's not implemented nor it's on my plans, I'm just munching at the idea, but I get what you mean, if this will make my game explode on scope I'll keep it out.

And as a status report, right now I'm almost ready with the renders needed for the first day, just have to put every thing inside the game and write the last scene.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I was playing a bit of 'devils advocate' here - i am fully aware how much easier it is to do animated stuff in Unity. Buuuut - main rule of game design: be consistent. Don't mix still and animated unless you are willing to take the punches for it. My best advice would be to create the first full version only based on stills as you have already limited your length to a decent amount. When all is done and finished create a 'Platinum' version with animations.

P.S.: I see another reason actually for going for full blown animated but i didnt dare to mention it because too many overreach in their projects: You had trouble with physics for the bed scene. Going fully animated inside Unity would solve that as you can use full physics in there.

Reactions: Archast

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
I was playing a bit of 'devils advocate' here - i am fully aware how much easier it is to do animated stuff in Unity. Buuuut - main rule of game design: be consistent. Don't mix still and animated unless you are willing to take the punches for it. My best advice would be to create the first full version only based on stills as you have already limited your length to a decent amount. When all is done and finished create a 'Platinum' version with animations.

P.S.: I see another reason actually for going for full blown animated but i didnt dare to mention it because too many overreach in their projects: You had trouble with physics for the bed scene. Going fully animated inside Unity would solve that as you can use full physics in there.
I think I'll use your advice, the animation was just a gimmick, and I guess I prefer to be consistent and release the full game with images only because it will be faster to reach and give me the experience I need. But about the physics, inside unity I have more freedom, but to use the daz model I would have to work much more than right now, my game is 2D in its essence, the 3D parts are just images that I render, so I don't have to import the models to Unity, just use the pictures.