Flash Flashbang - An Offline Collection of NSFW Flash Games and Animations [BETA]

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Galyo2317

Jun 21, 2021
I'm so sorry for the SUPER dumb question, but I have 0 clues were the files I'm supposed to unzip in the library folder are, help please XD

Galyo2317

Jun 21, 2021
Screenshot (498).png alright nevermind, with some more screwing around I found it, dang I was dumb, anyways, I'm having this issue when trying to update library, the inside of the library folder looks like the screenshots sent here so I don't know what to do, don't mind the few games tagged as installed, it auto detected them from steam. very sorry for the trouble again, thanks for the help in advance

Ishimura_

Aug 14, 2020
View attachment 1455965 alright nevermind, with some more screwing around I found it, dang I was dumb, anyways, I'm having this issue when trying to update library, the inside of the library folder looks like the screenshots sent here so I don't know what to do, don't mind the few games tagged as installed, it auto detected them from steam. very sorry for the trouble again, thanks for the help in advance
Which os are you on? I can't promise this is your issue, but I had an issue where my version of PowerShell wasn't new enough and that broke the Scan Library extension. If you happen to be on Windows 7, there's some chance this is your issue too and you'll need to manually update/install a newer version of PowerShell. You probably wouldn't have this issue if you're running Windows 10 though, and I have no idea for Windows 8 or other os.

Galyo2317

Jun 21, 2021
Which os are you on? I can't promise this is your issue, but I had an issue where my version of PowerShell wasn't new enough and that broke the Scan Library extension. If you happen to be on Windows 7, there's some chance this is your issue too and you'll need to manually update/install a newer version of PowerShell. You probably wouldn't have this issue if you're running Windows 10 though, and I have no idea for Windows 8 or other os.
I'm on windows 10, but doesn't the download already come with IronPython for the scripts or did I miss something?

Ishimura_

Aug 14, 2020
I'm on windows 10, but doesn't the download already come with IronPython for the scripts or did I miss something?
If you're on windows 10 this likely isn't your problem then. Also yes, IronPython is bundled with the install, but for whatever reason the library scan extension is written as a PowerShell script. Probably wouldn't hurt to check though, mine runs on version 5.1.19041.1237. I can't really see anything else obvious that could be wrong, don't know why your twitch extension is broken, for example. Which source did you use to install Playnite, ie the torrent or the mega link or...? All I know is that the Playnite version from the mega link ran with no issues for me other than the PowerShell issue.

Galyo2317

Jun 21, 2021
If you're on windows 10 this likely isn't your problem then. Also yes, IronPython is bundled with the install, but for whatever reason the library scan extension is written as a PowerShell script. Probably wouldn't hurt to check though, mine runs on version 5.1.19041.1237. I can't really see anything else obvious that could be wrong, don't know why your twitch extension is broken, for example. Which source did you use to install Playnite, ie the torrent or the mega link or...? All I know is that the Playnite version from the mega link ran with no issues for me other than the PowerShell issue.
I was indeed using the MEGA, reinstalled it with the drive from scratch and same thing, guess I'll wait for someone with more experience to help, in the mean time, other info that might be important:
Screenshot (500).png
while fooling around, found that the scanflashbangLibrary data folder is empty, no idea if that's normal

if it helps somehow, I haven't actually unzipped all games, just a few I'm interested in to make handling this whole thing easier

Ishimura_

Aug 14, 2020
I was indeed using the MEGA, reinstalled it with the drive from scratch and same thing, guess I'll wait for someone with more experience to help, in the mean time, other info that might be important:
View attachment 1457024
while fooling around, found that the scanflashbangLibrary data folder is empty, no idea if that's normal

if it helps somehow, I haven't actually unzipped all games, just a few I'm interested in to make handling this whole thing easier
That folder has nothing in it for me too, but could you check the Extensions folder to make sure it has these files?
1634508115118.png

Also not unzipping/installing all the games shouldn't present any issues. Assuming you did that part correctly this seems just like the Scan Flashbang Library extension is broken for some reason.

I can only guess that your script is somehow broken, which should've been fixed by a reinstall, or it somehow doesn't have permission to execute. Could always try running as administrator, but if that doesn't work and your script is intact I'm afraid you'll have to hope for someone more knowledgeable to come along. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Galyo2317

Jun 21, 2021
That folder has nothing in it for me too, but could you check the Extensions folder to make sure it has these files?
View attachment 1457265

Also not unzipping/installing all the games shouldn't present any issues. Assuming you did that part correctly this seems just like the Scan Flashbang Library extension is broken for some reason.

I can only guess that your script is somehow broken, which should've been fixed by a reinstall, or it somehow doesn't have permission to execute. Could always try running as administrator, but if that doesn't work and your script is intact I'm afraid you'll have to hope for someone more knowledgeable to come along. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
the files are there and running it as administrator didn't fix anything, but thanks a lot for taking the time to try and help, I appreciate it nonetheless

CboyC95

Engaged Member
Feb 22, 2019
Some of the games won't even play. The flash player appears for a brief second before closes itself.

TemplarOfTyr

Oct 21, 2018
I'm in the same boat as the people above me. This worked a couple months ago no problem, but then playnite would refuse to run any of my games. After deciding to update playnite, it now does not even recognize any of my games exist.

infernal720

Nov 7, 2021
How often is this updated and is it updated live or we gotta download new versions? There's quite a few stuff missing that you can find in other places like Creambee's new games

Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
This is probably a dumb question that has already been answered on this thread somehwere, but does choosing to "Remove" a game in the launcher get rid of the game's installation folder, or does it just remove the program so that it is no longer listed on the launcher? I've just been getting rid of the games I do not like so far by going to the installation location and deleting every game folder one by one and wanted to know if I can just choose the "Remove" option or if I should just continue combing through everything. Thanks!

Ishimura_

Aug 14, 2020
This is probably a dumb question that has already been answered on this thread somehwere, but does choosing to "Remove" a game in the launcher get rid of the game's installation folder, or does it just remove the program so that it is no longer listed on the launcher? I've just been getting rid of the games I do not like so far by going to the installation location and deleting every game folder one by one and wanted to know if I can just choose the "Remove" option or if I should just continue combing through everything. Thanks!
It does not remove the game files themselves, it seems to only remove the database entry. If you want the games actually uninstalled you will need to do what you're doing. If you think you might ever want to reinstall something, you might not want to remove the database entry though cause they can be a pain in the ass to add back, just a heads up.

Reactions: Oshitari Azumi
4.80 star(s) 4 Votes