Ren'Py Abandoned Fleet Morals [v0.1] [Skirtchaser]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

skirtchaser

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
banner_2.jpg

Overview:
The Republic is at war with the Conglomerate and each day the balance is tipping in any one’s favor. In the midst of that Laura has signed up to the Republic fleet and is working her way through the bootcamp aboard the fleet’s capital ship when we join her journey.

Wartime is ripe for secrets, intrigues, near-death-experiences and of course close-quarter encounters where skin touches skin, voices whisper into ears and kisses are exchanged in the few places that offer a modicum of privacy.

Expect shifting loyalties, fleeting morals and characters whose beliefs and motivations align for a while - disaster is a given and everyone has to do their part to quench the fires.​

Thread Updated: 2020-08-13
Release Date: 2020-08-13
Developer: Skirtchaser -
Censored: No
Version: 0.1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - -
Mac: - - -

masturbation_bed_10_denoised.png sex_laura_timothy_cumshot_denoised.png party_side_room_mira_1_denoised.png bunker_assault_4_denoised.png party_speech_2_denoised.png

Last edited by a moderator:

skirtchaser

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
Lesbians? sc-fi? disaster is a given? yep.. I'm in.. downloading.
I hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you think!

I have a cool story in mind (or so I think), it will take some time to develop but I really like that direction as it allows for a subplot of finding a traitor aboard the ship. I noticed a bug at the very end with a possible masturbation sequence, I'll push a patch for that. I forgot to update the file names to the denoised images so that sequence currently displays black backgrounds.

Everything else should work, this was the only thing I forgot to test last night and of course that is what breaks :rolleyes:

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you think!

I have a cool story in mind (or so I think), it will take some time to develop but I really like that direction as it allows for a subplot of finding a traitor aboard the ship. I noticed a bug at the very end with a possible masturbation sequence, I'll push a patch for that. I forgot to update the file names to the denoised images so that sequence currently displays black backgrounds.

Everything else should work, this was the only thing I forgot to test last night and of course that is what breaks :rolleyes:
Is this a sandbox game?

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
fem protag? good, lesbian? good. no corruption or rape tag? sweet! a fem protag game not about watching life rape the protag!

question is sex with dudes avoidable? if ima play a fem protag i go lesbian all the way.

Reactions: doidera

skirtchaser

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
Is this a sandbox game?
No, it's a VN with a more or less linear story line, I don't intend to do much in terms of sandboxing. There will most likely be optional side missions but I don't plan on anything like freeroaming / map-style exploration.
fem protag? good, lesbian? good. no corruption or rape tag? sweet! a fem protag game not about watching life rape the protag!

question is sex with dudes avoidable? if ima play a fem protag i go lesbian all the way.
The idea right now is to have all the sex scenes completely avoidable (and they are right now) so in theory you could play the whole game and never see naked skin.

I need to extend a fair amount of the dialog in this chapter, right now I'm not happy with how linear they are because it's either "sex" or "no sex" routes need some interesting bits of dialog as well.

Lots of work to be done, even the game in its current small state is a beast to keep under control. I plan v.02 to be largely an improvement on this first chapter with more branches, dialog and career options and then in v0.3 I hope to advance the story further.

alexrieper

Nov 21, 2017
Missed opportunity to name your game "Fleeting Morals". Although admittedly I enjoy puns way too much.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
No, it's a VN with a more or less linear story line, I don't intend to do much in terms of sandboxing. There will most likely be optional side missions but I don't plan on anything like freeroaming / map-style exploration.

The idea right now is to have all the sex scenes completely avoidable (and they are right now) so in theory you could play the whole game and never see naked skin.

I need to extend a fair amount of the dialog in this chapter, right now I'm not happy with how linear they are because it's either "sex" or "no sex" routes need some interesting bits of dialog as well.

Lots of work to be done, even the game in its current small state is a beast to keep under control. I plan v.02 to be largely an improvement on this first chapter with more branches, dialog and career options and then in v0.3 I hope to advance the story further.
They should have it tagged as VN Renpy then. Best of luck!

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
There are a handful of missing images throughout the game. Otherwise, the game seems like it has potential, and I'll always keep an interested eye on sci-fi VNs. Best of luck to the dev.

skirtchaser

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
Missed opportunity to name your game "Fleeting Morals". Although admittedly I enjoy puns way too much.
That's what I was getting at, but I couldn't decide if fleeting would take out the "fleet" part. Believe me, I tossed a coin here a couple times :)
They should have it tagged as VN Renpy then. Best of luck!
Thank you!
There are a handful of missing images throughout the game. Otherwise, the game seems like it has potential, and I'll always keep an interested eye on sci-fi VNs. Best of luck to the dev.
Really? Other than that masturbation scene there shouldn't be any. But I've been thinking about whether I can write a little script that goes through a renpy file and checks each scene on whether it exists in a folder. Debugging tools in renPy aren't really there, I feel like a script like that could help a bunch of people. I'll see about that, thanks for letting me know!

Reactions: alexrieper

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
Really? Other than that masturbation scene there shouldn't be any.
The other missing image I found outside of the solo scene is called 'hangar_1_denoised' towards the very beginning, if that helps at all.

edit: also 'party_admiral_bridge_1_dressup'

skirtchaser

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
appreciated! I know I rendered both of them so it's likely a naming issue. I'll investigate, thanks for helping me out!

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
hmmm so it was a nice first release. like u said no forced sex scenes. lesbian scene was nice. english was great. considering most game have Engrish this was refreshing. cant think of alot to suggest at the moment except making MC's name custom would be awesome. but more importantly if that's not an option maybe a small clear intro to who MC is? i had no idea if MC was Laura or Mira at first until the first choice came about. aside from that not bad. not big into sci-fi myself mostly cause of all the technical talk but again all in all not bad. good luck to u dev.

Reactions: Jimbog

skirtchaser

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
hmmm so it was a nice first release. like u said no forced sex scenes. lesbian scene was nice. english was great. considering most game have Engrish this was refreshing. cant think of alot to suggest at the moment except making MC's name custom would be awesome. but more importantly if that's not an option maybe a small clear intro to who MC is? i had no idea if MC was Laura or Mira at first until the first choice came about. aside from that not bad. not big into sci-fi myself mostly cause of all the technical talk but again all in all not bad. good luck to u dev.
Thanks for the feedback! I might look into the custom name option, I actually don't know if that is complicated to implement after the process has already started but I agree it makes sense. I didn't think much about it, but I feel that is a good improvement.
Another problem I see is that the similar clothing and short crewcut hair make characters a bit hard to tell apart, I tried to remedy that with face tattoos and facial hair. Thanks again, that was helpful feedback.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
Another problem I see is that the similar clothing and short crewcut hair make characters a bit hard to tell apart, I tried to remedy that with face tattoos and facial hair. Thanks again, that was helpful feedback.
i agree during the sex scene it was hard to tell who was who. considering the blonde chick's hair you can always change hair style and just say their new job are more lax with hairstyle, or just say they originally went with something practical but decided it'd be nice to change it up a bit...depends on the rules you wanna set up for grooming if its neccesary but i dont think it is.

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
For god's sake, start a lesbian game and stay on track! No futa or gender bender or obligatory f/m content.
Do a lesbian game!

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote