Ren'Py Abandoned Fleet Morals [v0.1] [Skirtchaser]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

JaegerMister

Jun 28, 2020
No, only just noticed my alerts, been a busy morning. Thanks for tagging in.

Deff giving it a try, nothing beats hot short haired lesbians.

I used to think I didn't have a type but I always seem to find myself to well toned short haired women, turns out I have a type.

Certainly won't say no to more games for the immersion pile.

The above being said, I do have to check this....

The F/M is going to be optional or forced at any point?

I am curious, being a dyke i'm not really interested in cock so if it's going to be mandatory at any point i'd rather not get too invested.

Thankyou kindly for the tag in hun.
Always, knew ya would be interested.

Reactions: Avaron1974

Sothacil

Aug 23, 2017
A Scifi space lesbian story ? I usualy don't go for female protagonist but i am down.
Let's check it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: skirtchaser

Sothacil

Aug 23, 2017
Good writing, charaters are nice and their personnality come across well even in the few short scenes. My only nitpick would be the use of past time in naration. Tought it fit nicely the soldier journal theme it seems to kill the tension of the scenes for me. Don't know it might just be an acquierred taste. Also maybe a bit more introduction on the MC to help relate to her.

Hangar image is missing, not loading and not in folder, not sure if it's just my download though. :unsure:

That's good stuff, for a introduction it is plenty good in my book. I will definitly keep an eye out for what comes next.
Good job dev (y)

Last edited:

skirtchaser

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
Good writing, charaters are nice and their personnality come across well even in the few short scenes. My only nitpick would be the use of past time in naration. Tought it fit nicely the soldier journal theme it seems to kill the tension of the scenes for me. Don't know it might just be an acquierred taste. Also maybe a bit more introduction on the MC to help relate to her.

Hangar image is missing, not loading and not in folder, not sure if it's just my download though. :unsure:

That's good stuff, for a introduction it is plenty good in my book. I will definitly keep an eye out for what comes next.
Good job dev (y)
Thanks for the nice words!
I'm torn about the past tense issue, I guess you are right, on the other hand I really like this "noir style" type of writing with foreshadowing and inner monologue.

I will do more writing / rendering on this chapter in v0.2 to flesh things out, I like the idea about the introduction. Actually my plan was to use the party talks to get to learn the characters better, right now it's very linear and I wanted to use that chance to learn more not just about the MC but also the other character backgrounds.

Sothacil

Aug 23, 2017
I really like this "noir style" type of writing with foreshadowing and inner monologue.
Yeah it's not without it's merit. It does add the kind of gritty atmosphere of a war story. Maybe try to use more dialogue instead or shorter narative texte in tension and action scenes, to renforce immersion and let action flow more smoothly. Just a suggestion tought.

Reactions: skirtchaser

California Doc

Donor
Nov 14, 2019
OK, Dev, sorry to do this but I spent over 30 years wearing those Goddamn tree suits.

You are creating really good officers. Minimum BS, treat their soldiers well and like adults, zero chickenshit, pretty low egos. Now, for God's sake, give 'em the right rank. LT(s) would not wear what -- in just about any unit in the known universe -- is unmistakably an NCO's chevrons. A black bar (US style) or a couple of black pips (UK and others). See, Sir, you'll get a number of ex or retired military as fans and crap like that just makes us take you less seriously. A little research into the military portion would serve you well. As I said, as a retired officer I really like both LT. Tooth and the Admiral. Both are loose but in control and are secure enough not to have to try and lord that commission over their troops. Your conversation choices are excellent. You've nailed that part, IMO.
I'm also laughing at the fact that these "Space Marines" (a guess) are using weapons that I used 20 years ago. I get it -- assets available in the programs you have. We're used to using 50-60 year old equipment in the military anyway. ;)
I know I'm pickin' fly shit out of pepper but I had to vent. There are other things that make it less than accurate but, hell, artistic license need be recognized to some extent!
You've got a good start here I just want to see it as good as can be.
OK, I feel better: Good Game! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

skirtchaser

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
OK, Dev, sorry to do this but I spent over 30 years wearing those Goddamn tree suits.

You are creating really good officers. Minimum BS, treat their soldiers well and like adults, zero chickenshit, pretty low egos. Now, for God's sake, give 'em the right rank. LT(s) would not wear what -- in just about any unit in the known universe -- is unmistakably an NCO's chevrons. A black bar (US style) or a couple of black pips (UK and others). See, Sir, you'll get a number of ex or retired military as fans and crap like that just makes us take you less seriously. A little research into the military portion would serve you well. As I said, as a retired officer I really like both LT. Tooth and the Admiral. Both are loose but in control and are secure enough not to have to try and lord that commission over their troops. Your conversation choices are excellent. You've nailed that part, IMO.
I'm also laughing at the fact that these "Space Marines" (a guess) are using weapons that I used 20 years ago. I get it -- assets available in the programs you have. We're used to using 50-60 year old equipment in the military anyway. ;)
I know I'm pickin' fly shit out of pepper but I had to vent. There are other things that make it less than accurate but, hell, artistic license need be recognized to some extent!
You've got a good start here I just want to see it as good as can be.
OK, I feel better: Good Game! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
Haha I get it :) I never served (Germany where I live stopped conscripting people three months before I left school :) ) but even I can see the old guns and uniforms available are meh at best. Actually the bodysuit uniforms that they wear on the ship are all female uniforms adapted to the male characters because that was the best I could find. I'm actually glad that I could at least find a cool uniform for the admiral that seems to fit the space setting quite well.

Oh well, I'll have to see if I can do something about rank insignia and stuff, lots to do on all fronts I see :)

Thanks for the feedback and the nice words!

Reactions: California Doc

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Writing this as I play so excuse my jumping about. Hanger_1_Denoised seems to be missing. I'm liking what you have here so far, I have a thing for short haired soldier girls so this will definitely be something I keep an eye on. I agree that when you're going with military fiction it's always best to do your best to nail your military details, but that's not a dealbreaker atm.

Welcome to the forum, I'll be interested where you go.

Reactions: Morgan42

gekk0z

Nov 6, 2017
Lovely game, I enjoyed the story very much. Do your VN the way you want, get advice and feedback by all means, but do your story the way you want. Wish you the best of luck.

skirtchaser

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
Lovely game, I enjoyed the story very much. Do your VN the way you want, get advice and feedback by all means, but do your story the way you want. Wish you the best of luck.
Thank you for the nice words! Yes, I'll do my thing and especially follow my story idea, but there has been lots of great feedback so far that i can think about and implement :)

California Doc

Donor
Nov 14, 2019
I agree that when you're going with military fiction it's always best to do your best to nail your military details, but that's not a dealbreaker atm.
Oh, STWAdev, it's absolutely not a deal-breaker. But the rank thing is a minor fix and in no way impacts the story arc nor the Dev's vision.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote