MisterE9599

Aug 24, 2018
I can't post any links as I don't have the requisite three posts, but if anyone's interested I created an save/export editor for Flexible Survival - it's in the pinned messages in the FS Discord. Useful if you want to more easily edit stats, infections, and change event resolutions and such.

If you do decide to use it, lemme know if you have any issues by DM'ing me on Discord.
Hello ^^ I have Permission to post this from the original author with his help on editing as well :) All credit goes to Xandus about 2 post up.

Now heres a mini guide

If you want to edit stats open FSCharacterVariableSave
If you want to add more freecred or money open FSNumberSave
Apperance is a bit tricky but what i found out is that you have to open FSPlayerSave
Then Lastly for the Feats open FSPlayerListsSave (( you can add more feats with right click and add ))

And there you go ^^ enjoy editing and modding your stats and appearance ^^

I take no credit in this matter all credit goes to Xandus

anyways enjoy :D

Sojonin

Feb 14, 2018
Can't seem to find the player in the Character Variables file, help? Nevermind, just found it, I'm an idiot.

Sojonin

Feb 14, 2018
Can Days left still not be edited? I'm aware of the cheats but was looking to simply extend gameplay for a significant amount before the end.

BubbaNoName

Apr 25, 2019
I've got the source codes from github, and would like to try editing a few things... Is there a guide someplace on setting up Inform 7/ Flexible Survival to be able to edit and compile the code?

Unknownadd

Sep 23, 2017
Oh man. This is one of the oldies and goodies. There was a very interesting development history on this game too.

Way way way back when the content in it was relatively balanced between MF, FM, MH, FH, MM, and FF. Funding was also ad based from the primary site and content was freely developed/contributed by 'interested authors' on the forums.

...then the great purge happened.

There was SO MUCH CONTENT that the engine started to buckle and they had to purge unfinished/concept content and poor content. They also moved away from the free voting for content on the forums to Paetreon sponsor voted content.

This gradual shift from free votes to paid votes and contributors shifted the content developed for the game.

There is still plenty of M/F content, but if you look at updates to the game for the recent years it shifted from a relatively 40/20/40 (Straight/Herm/Gay) split with about even Male and Female NPCs being developed to a 10/20/70 split. There can be months at a time with no new M/F content at all and most newly developed NPCs are male so you'd have only new FM, HM, MM content.

Pretty interesting case study regarding a development shift when contributions move from free to paid.

On a side note, if you're just interested in the scenes (for all the 'Full Save Pls' people) the main site has a link to the GitHub which will allow you to see the event codes. You can then find and read the scene for every encounter in the game.

Reactions: dd777 and Zalzany

Centrophy

Dec 2, 2017
The game has been around for years.

I quite like it but the only real downsides for it is that it is HEAVILY focused on gay content (as in manly man on man gay) and a lot of the furry content is focused on bestial characters, AKA, furries that look more animal than human (with associated pictures).

You might read about wyverns or hyenamorphs, and imagine the sexy versions of them, but then you see the in-game's pictures and you realize that they mostly went for a more realistic (gross) look. I honestly advise playing with pictures off.
Honestly, I always autocorrected snouts to mouths. Anything with a snout is a big no for me. Still, a great game and good advice to turn images off. Also you can "cheat" as far as I remember. It had something to do with the character export and import. May have been on the wiki but it's been years since I played it.

stuffinabox

Aug 15, 2018
Played it. It's kinda neat but it's damn difficult to get any water without resorting to tainted items. There's some content such as the pig which makes me think some stuff is just there for the sake of it rather than being important or expansive in any way.

I wish the game would let you continue when you do reach zero sanity because it clearly shows that they do survive without uninfected. It's just an instant game over which I understand but.. That should be the first threshold not the, 'You can't do anything anymore', barrier.

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
There is still plenty of M/F content, but if you look at updates to the game for the recent years it shifted from a relatively 40/20/40 (Straight/Herm/Gay) split with about even Male and Female NPCs being developed to a 10/20/70 split. There can be months at a time with no new M/F content at all and most newly developed NPCs are male so you'd have only new FM, HM, MM content.

Pretty interesting case study regarding a development shift when contributions move from free to paid.

On a side note, if you're just interested in the scenes (for all the 'Full Save Pls' people) the main site has a link to the GitHub which will allow you to see the event codes. You can then find and read the scene for every encounter in the game.
Yeah I seen a few go that way, there was one I forgot name another one of those you run a school, corrupt it, and bang the students kind of games. It started off with tons of M/F content, then started backer poles and well gay people are willing to pay to vote and straight not so much it turns out... They ended up scrapping the entire game for a more gay friendly one as dev got way more cash from his gay fans then his straight, basically ended up alienating all his straight fans for sake of profit.

Brig

Aug 7, 2018
Played it. It's kinda neat but it's damn difficult to get any water without resorting to tainted items. There's some content such as the pig which makes me think some stuff is just there for the sake of it rather than being important or expansive in any way.

I wish the game would let you continue when you do reach zero sanity because it clearly shows that they do survive without uninfected. It's just an instant game over which I understand but.. That should be the first threshold not the, 'You can't do anything anymore', barrier.
In your inventory there is a Journal, it is a reusable item to help maintain sanity.

Kurainyx

Jan 9, 2019

If you didn't, complete the first quest for Dr Matt at Trevor Labs. He will then let you use his microwave, which you can use to clean a bunch of tainted stuff. If that's still too much for you, then try checking Trixie out for some help/cheats.

DDecuadro

Aug 19, 2018
Hello ^^ I have Permission to post this from the original author with his help on editing as well :) All credit goes to Xandus about 2 post up.

Now heres a mini guide

If you want to edit stats open FSCharacterVariableSave
If you want to add more freecred or money open FSNumberSave
Apperance is a bit tricky but what i found out is that you have to open FSPlayerSave
Then Lastly for the Feats open FSPlayerListsSave (( you can add more feats with right click and add ))

And there you go ^^ enjoy editing and modding your stats and appearance ^^

I take no credit in this matter all credit goes to Xandus

anyways enjoy :D
How do i use it? it tells me i have to install .NET core yet idownload it and it still dosent work

Comrade Anulnyat

Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
How do i use it? it tells me i have to install .NET core yet idownload it and it still dosent work
Make sure you download the right one. Check your system, if it's x64, you need x64 .NET Core.
Do be careful, though. Importing can take a lot of fucking time.

imercenary95

Jul 19, 2017
Yeah I seen a few go that way, there was one I forgot name another one of those you run a school, corrupt it, and bang the students kind of games. It started off with tons of M/F content, then started backer poles and well gay people are willing to pay to vote and straight not so much it turns out... They ended up scrapping the entire game for a more gay friendly one as dev got way more cash from his gay fans then his straight, basically ended up alienating all his straight fans for sake of profit.
If his straight fans weren't willing to outbid the gay fans, they weren't very big fans in the first place were they?

I dislike the shift towards gay content, but I dislike this game's design shift towards bullshit events/quests FAR more. If you don't reference the Github for event IDs (which isn't designed for that kind of usage anyway) AND use the game's Hunt command (hey devs, thats counts as cheating remember?!), you'd NEVER see most of the game's content simply because so many of them require spamming Explore in specific areas with absolutely no hint as to their existence in the first place.

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes