Others Completed Flower Princess Elulu - Molestation Train [v2.56] [Iwashiya]

4.00 star(s) 17 Votes
Apr 7, 2019
That's another poor analogy. Pretty much everyone has a basic understanding of how long it should take for certain dishes to cook and how they should taste and feel. I'm sure everyone's at least fried an egg or made spaghetti at least once in their life. A more apt example would be comparing it to designing a brand new car. Everyone has an idea of what a car should look like, what a good car should have, and what they'd like to see in a car, but I'm sure you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that would boldly claim that you don't have to be an engineer to know if a car's taking too long to be designed.
Hell, let's make it even more on the nose. Now imagine saying "you don't have to be a game designer to know if it's taking too long to develop" to someone, anyone. It sounds silly, doesn't it?
i would say that. i'm not a game designer, but if nintendo took five years to release an hd remaster of the original super mario bros, i'd call that way too long. i think it's perfectly reasonable for this dev, for this game, in these conditions to take as long as they have. but i also believe that a layman can criticize a craft in all cases. there is no craft that is immune. if a car manufacturer teased a new car, took seven years to design it, and the only thing that was different from their last model was a new backing cam setting, i would call that way too long. same if a chef brought my pizza three days after i ordered it. i don't have to go this extreme with my examples, but i think it makes the point clear. too little progress over too much time is worth criticizing whether you know your stuff or not.

Reactions: Karnewarrior

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
i would say that. i'm not a game designer, but if nintendo took five years to release an hd remaster of the original super mario bros, i'd call that way too long. i think it's perfectly reasonable for this dev, for this game, in these conditions to take as long as they have. but i also believe that a layman can criticize a craft in all cases. there is no craft that is immune. if a car manufacturer teased a new car, took seven years to design it, and the only thing that was different from their last model was a new backing cam setting, i would call that way too long. same if a chef brought my pizza three days after i ordered it. i don't have to go this extreme with my examples, but i think it makes the point clear. too little progress over too much time is worth criticizing whether you know your stuff or not.
Your comparison makes no sense. Nintendo is (approximately) a 53 billion dollar company with decades of game development experience and a shit ton of employees. Their scope and scale is incomparable to an indie game like this, and even they take years to develop new games. And a remaster as I understand it, is just a graphical update of what's already been completed. In what capacity does your hypothetical translate to a small indie company that's working on its first and only game? No, your examples don't make a clear point. If anything, it only highlights how little you understand of how developing a brand new product or feature works. You're not paying a "chef" for a "pizza", you're waiting for an amateur cook to develop their skills and recipe while they push out samples, except they're also growing/making all the raw ingredients themselves too. And if you think a plant just needs water and sunlight to become something commercially viable, you're wrong about that too.

Last edited:

ZimZamZum

May 8, 2018
Share the latest version of the game WITHOUT debug mode, because here you need to download and update and update and re-update ... hemorrhagic in general. you need it easier, download-unpacked-play

Rin556

Aug 14, 2021
Share the latest version of the game WITHOUT debug mode, because here you need to download and update and update and re-update ... hemorrhagic in general. you need it easier, download-unpacked-play
I'd rather it with debug. It really isnt hard to apply patches, Game basically does it by itself. So I literally dont see the issue with that...

Reactions: B0n3r4tacos
Apr 7, 2019
Your comparison makes no sense. Nintendo is (approximately) a 53 billion dollar company with decades of game development experience and a shit ton of employees. Their scope and scale is incomparable to an indie game like this, and even they take years to develop new games. And a remaster as I understand it, is just a graphical update of what's already been completed. In what capacity does your hypothetical translate to a small indie company that's working on its first and only game? No, your examples don't make a clear point. If anything, it only highlights how little you understand of how developing a brand new product or feature works. You're not paying a "chef" for a "pizza", you're waiting for an amateur cook to develop their skills and recipe while they push out samples, except they're also growing/making all the raw ingredients themselves too. And if you think a plant just needs water and sunlight to become something commercially viable, you're wrong about that too.
i don't know how, but you skipped from argument one to argument three. if you look at my reply to you, you'll find this quote: "i think it's perfectly reasonable for this dev, for this game, in these conditions to take as long as they have."

so i have absolutely no idea who you're arguing.

Apr 7, 2019
yea honestly I don't get people who require sex from the game
and good groping can be better than mid sex
I'm not necessarily saying that abt what could be in the game specifically, just in general
and tbh there's overall lack of decent groping in games
i sorta agree. but, if i recall correctly, sex was mentioned as coming shortly a very long time ago. while i'm personally not in that camp, i can totally see why this would make somebody upset.

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
yea honestly I don't get people who require sex from the game
and good groping can be better than mid sex
I'm not necessarily saying that abt what could be in the game specifically, just in general
and tbh there's overall lack of decent groping in games
Personally - I agree that the game's focus* should be on groping-type content. I really like how things escalate slowly, but definitely do escalate. I'm also generally a fan of Damsel-in-Distress content for similar slow-burn reasons.
That said, it does get a little frustrating for me when these games don't really finish things off. It feels like some really good foreplay which stops right as things are getting hottest. I would kinda like to see things go all the way, just so long as it's taken with the same level of care and attention as the rest of the content. Finally a game to bridge the chasm between "buildup but no sex" and "sex that's just being rushed into".

*at least on the train. I'm less sure about what the other areas are going to be about. Considering some of the stuff available on the debug section, I suspect gameplay may be significantly different and have different focuses.

Reactions: Jaws1984

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
i don't know how, but you skipped from argument one to argument three. if you look at my reply to you, you'll find this quote: "i think it's perfectly reasonable for this dev, for this game, in these conditions to take as long as they have."

so i have absolutely no idea who you're arguing.
I'll admit, I misunderstood what you meant in that sentence. I thought you were saying that indie game development should have a speed comparable to a corporate giant making remasters.
That said, I still stand by my point that the examples you provided are terrible measuring sticks for game development. I also stand by my point that it sounds silly to say "you don't have to be a game designer to know if it's taking too long to develop". Like what are you even basing your internal estimations off of? How long it took for a game from a different company/genre/console generation to do X, Y, or Z? And you're certain the team within that company has similar resources and limitations? The reality is that not even experience devs can definitively tell when their own products should be completed. What does a layman without any involvement know about reasonable development speed?

Reactions: clash bluelight

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
Some folks here spend all their time complaining but I would love to see you guys making a game of this size (configuring, designing, translating, making the story) and fulfilling peace to keep subscriptions active. He has been forced to put updates even if they are small, if you want to help subscribe to his content, it is already noticed that he has psychological problems and self-esteem.
Since the game was published here and I got to know the work of Sardines, that the game has potential.. the updates are slow we can't do anything.
Actually I know the game way before i've joined to f95 (as active part) and like i've always said i love this game but, the problem is how the the dev is always procrastinating stuff and this not only doing bad for himself but also for everyone around him, he is not anymore just a indie lover but an actual dev with a sponsorship, the english translation was not made from him but is totally fan made from just one person, which is the same that gave the dev the "inspiration" on how to continue the story cause he was stuck for like one year and released only small bugfix each month, I'm happy to hear him that is doing well, maybe he lost 50kg with the ring fit cause, finally I'm not hearing him talking about distraction/cutting the internet cable and other funny stories xD

Last edited:

hurrdurrderpderp

Apr 4, 2020
Actually I know the game way before i've joined to f95 (as active part) and like i've always said i love this game but, the problem is how the the dev is always procrastinating stuff and this not only doing bad for himself but also for everyone around him, he is not anymore just a indie lover but an actual dev with a sponsorship
I've played this game over one year ago and I monitor patch notes when an update comes out. You know, regular thing if you play "non-completed" games.
More than a year of patches and there is nothing I considered worth it to re-download and play again.

I wonder how many people here are doing the exact thing as me.

• Sad
Reactions: ITitan and akapp
4.00 star(s) 17 Votes