Mukashi

Food Truck Story
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Didn't work for me sorry....
Essentially, yes. The variables are missing despite your save seemingly having run though their initialization, hence not executing those statements again. Now, this can be fixed by dropping the following into a .rpy file in the game's game directory
Python:
label after_load:
    if not hasattr(store, "choiceflag3_1_1"):
        $ choiceflag3_1_1 = True
        $ choiceflag3_1_2 = True
        $ choiceflag3_1_3 = True
but a lot more variables will be missing, possibly messing up later events (like people referencing stuff you never did, for instance). Best start over, and if CTRL skipping feels too slow, simply switch to Insta-Skip (UT anyone? No? Kids these days.:D). See these posts on advanced skipping.

Don't. Ever.

Granted Ren'Py annotating the AST anew will lead to the default statements being executed again, existing saves' call stacks won't match up anymore leading to Ren'Py complaining that it 'Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back.' in the majority of cases. The end.
See this on how keeping .rpyc files ensures save compatibility.

Will be fixed in the next release. Edit: Does not affect your save.

Go into options and under skip select credits. Will be made default on the next release, if I recall correctly.
Dang, so not yay :confused:.
I'm still confused as to why this happens to some, but not others. WHY WON'T YOU INITIALIZE THE DAMN VARIABLES RENPYYY
What are the odds these cases are only from old saves of a certain version, and after restarting these people won't have this problem ever again?

Regardless, it seems the best course of action is to start a new save, tape down the CTRL button, and have at it :HideThePain:

If this problem affects you, I really am sorry. This is one of those cases where things just don't want to work : (

Something odd happening in my game. Fresh install, new game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Good catch! I fixed half of this gallery bug this release, and I missed the variables you're referring to. It's fixed now for next release!

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Dang, so not yay :confused:.
I'm still confused as to why this happens to some, but not others. WHY WON'T YOU INITIALIZE THE DAMN VARIABLES RENPYYY
What are the odds these cases are only from old saves of a certain version, and after restarting these people won't have this problem ever again?

Regardless, it seems the best course of action is to start a new save, tape down the CTRL button, and have at it :HideThePain:

If this problem affects you, I really am sorry. This is one of those cases where things just don't want to work : (
I don't get it either. *shrug*

As for working around it: you could of course add the after_load label to your script and simply initialize any missing variables on load. Though if you're basically relying on after_load to set defaults, you could just drop the default statements and also call the same mechanism right after the start label – see point A.4 of anne O'nymous' guide.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mukashi

JapanFreak

Sep 15, 2019
this looks good and the story could be intresting... but tham the camera angles are wierd....
anyway is there an walktrouth ?

Reactions: Mukashi

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Haven't played the latest update yet, but the one crucial choice is clearly labeled and all others come down to personal preference. Are you enamored with Jade? Em's nylon-clad legs? Claire's open-mindedness and bush? Charlie's tomboy aesthetic? Mei's abs? There are no wrong answers here. :)

Mukashi

Food Truck Story
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
this looks good and the story could be intresting... but tham the camera angles are wierd....
anyway is there an walktrouth ?
Odd question.
Are all the girl's paths mutually exclusive?
Do you only get to be with 1 per play through?
Is there a harem route?

Also, is there a walkthrough so I can see what choices lead to which girls paths?
There is currently no walkthrough, I may make a PDF one in the future.

You are free to make different choices/be with different girls without major consequences so far.
And perhaps more importantly:

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
There is currently no walkthrough, I may make a PDF one in the future.

You are free to make different choices/be with different girls without major consequences so far.
And perhaps more importantly:
How when every choice makes you choose between 2 girls? Am I just doing something wrong?

Mukashi

Food Truck Story
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Ah, someone with patrician tastes:coffee:
I agree with you as well, I've played waaay too many games where MC doesn't know the difference, I thought it'd be fun to have this MC get set straight. And if you're all about hosiery, you'll be happy with a good few scenes currently, and many to come!;)

This story is better than I imagined, cheers.
Thank you:giggle:

The download on Mega has expired. Kinda weird after three days.
They should be working again now, thanks for the heads up!

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Ah, someone with patrician tastes:coffee:
I agree with you as well, I've played waaay too many games where MC doesn't know the difference, I thought it'd be fun to have this MC get set straight. And if you're all about hosiery, you'll be happy with a good few scenes currently, and many to come!;)
It was a great little tidbit.
I mostly see that devs don't know the difference, which if it wasnt a fetish of mine, i'd probably not care either so I get it.
I completed the update and fuckin Loooooove it. So many lovely women in many forms of lovely hosiery.

The only thing that kinda sucks is that you have to choose between Jade and Emily as it seems that if you get Jade's kiss, you miss not only Emily's bj but also the thighjob later on. If you get get Emily's BJ and the thigh job Jade is just MIA. Makes me sad you can't have them both, hopefully after the Claire decision you miss less scenes as you both try and get as many girls as possible.

Will absolutely be looking forward to the next update!

Feb 26, 2020
i'm stuck in a continuous loop where claire is talking to the mc on the bed when giving the massage and talking about screwing all the girls

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
i'm stuck in a continuous loop where claire is talking to the mc on the bed when giving the massage and talking about screwing all the girls
Broken save. Paste the following into a .rpy file with a name of your choosing placed inside the game's game directory:
This ads (or rather sets) any of the missing variables from chapters 3 and 4 in your save. Hope this helps!

4.00 star(s) 27 Votes