Ren'Py - Completed - Foot of the Mountains 2 [v5.0 Finale] [SerialNumberComics]

1. 2.00 star(s)

BadgerDiablo

The grind in this game is out of this world. And it's the most boring grind I've encountered in these games. I know a lot of these games have a kind blueball aspect to them, like you're working really hard so the payoff is sweeter. But this game is just a boring repeat of the same scenes over and over and over again. That includes the sex scenes. In most games, once you get the payoff, the sex scene is just optional from there out. Not here, many of the scenes are the new thing you have to grind. It's really bad, and then the payoff is a letdown. I'm usually neurotic about finishing a game I've started, but I'm bailing out about halfway through this one. It's just unbearable.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

deltavega

Superb Renders and models, very interesting story and events ....

But the massive grinds and heavy dialogues kills everything, I didnt even pay attention to the story after a while, neither to the renders .... I just prayed that something noticable happened to pause the quick skip.

I couldnt get to the end of it, it's really frustrating even with the walkthrough.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

jan.spam

THE UGLY

The game's ending was down-right terrible. Dev clearly lost all interest, except saving his muse, the Melinda character over to the next game.

the "mountain" in the game's title is surely "Mt. Grind", it is is as terrible to climb as my fellow reviewers put it. You spend hours mindlessly repeating the actions to get to the next stage. Really awful.. it makes the game longer than the content is worth and I can only urge the devs to tone it down a notch for the next game..

THE BAD

Another problem this game has - like most non-linear, sand-box games do - is that the progress is not shared, in one scene, a girl may allow you to massage her boobs and in the next she is still a saint. Probably cannot be avoided, but is funny/irritating/frustrating.

3rdly, the game's narrative (investigate the murder of your parents), never progressed terribly far. Characters develop marginally, and you hardly loose points, even for terrible behavior.

Also, the English isbad, but tolerable (if you are not an English teacher)

THE GOOD

The renders are crisp and beautiful. You even see the laundry symbol in Melinda's thong, never before have I seen such attention to details. The dialogues and scenes are good - and it just has that magic sauce; for whatever reason you are hooked and just want to find a way to bang the girls senselessly.

just stop before the game ends and make up your own. Seriously, its that bad.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

PietruccioTheHilander

recensione corretta dopo l'ultimo aggiornamento: il gioco è peggiorato durante il tempo di sviluppo. i dialoghi non hanno contenuto. le animazioni un po' carenti. il gioco è diventato un harem di donne che escono a caso senza il minimo senso. alcuni modelli sono ben fatti ma nel contesto generale manca qualcosa che accomuni tutti gli eventi. 2 stelle per me
    Aggiorno dopo la versione finale:
    per fortuna questo gioco è finito, il finale non ha senso; come al solito i dialoghi sono scarsi e la costa divertente che l'anteprima del nuovo sembra com'è a questo.
    Tanti saluti SNC
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Engelbert

I really love this game. Also loved "Tangled Up" before. Certainly one of the best sandbox games out there. Progression and corruption is little by little and every day there is something new to discover. I played for hours and still find many story lines still progressing or new ones opening up. Characters have a lot of details and there are plenty of sex scenes. I don't understand the negative comments about the grind. For me it's exactly right, as there are new things to discover all the time and there are enough hints in the game to find them. And as in all the games, there is the skip button to just fly through the day. Always prefer this kind of game to meaninglessly click through a visual novel.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Avaron1974

I wanted to enjoy it, some of the characters are fantastic and I love Rhonda...

There is just 1 glaring issue....

The grind is ungodly. You go through days of clicking through the same old shit to get the first little scene. Then you go through days of clicking through the same old shit to get the next little scene.

It would be a great VN but the long, tedious, incredibly boring grind completely killed any enthusiasm I had to see the next scene.

I found myself skipping through most of it because it's stuff you see every day and I imagine other people do the same so it begs the question why the hell does it need to be so grindy.

I gave it 2 because the characters realy are great but there is just too much boring, repetitive nonsense for very little gain. There are a lot of scenes but far too much grind between them and that's with the cheats. I resorted to those after losing the will to go on but wanting to see Rhonda's scenes.

In the end I just gave up, not worth the time. Just far too grindy.

I can't recommend it at all.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

fenerbahce1907

great game. The characters are very good. Melinda is a very sexy woman. You're trying to fuck her and she lets you enjoy this game. also present in sexy girls like rhonda and ann. You are doing tasks and this is very good. the only missing aspect is not too much scenery. sex scenes are not enough. but still a great game. worth playing
  8. 1.00 star(s)

arms99

A gem hidden under a Mount Everest of grind.

First the good, the characters are interesting, there is plenty of sex scenes and the renders although not the best are nice.

I would really like to give this 5 stars, but the grind is just horrible. Without a detailed walkthrough you'll spend hours just to trigger the next little scene followed by some more hours for the next one, until you'll finally rage quit. And even with a walkthrough it's still grindy as hell. Which is a real shame considering there is an interesting game underneath all that grind.

Personally I think if the dev removed 95% of the grind and installed a hint system this would be an excellent game. As it stands right now I recommend this for those who have lot of free time and an infinite amount of patience.

EDIT: Whatever potential this game had just disappeared last few updates, 1 star is more than generous for what this has become. The whole thing just went off the rails, feels like the dev couldn't be bothered anymore and just wanted to be done with it. In the end the game feels more abandoned than completed.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

gamelover1985

This is second best game I ever played. It was very confusing in the beginning, but has become much simple with the latest updates. Could have given more stars if the unnecessary repetitions and complications were not there. Hope this will be resolved in the future updates.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Cinthungunya

I love this game . Starting from character till with the flow chart is the story it is very interesting how . Especially melinda , she very hot and sexy . And Ann , great bodyshape and sexy . Waited impatiently next update ...yeaayy
  11. 1.00 star(s)

Abaddon01

Even with Walkthrough a Mess of Grinding...no hints what to do, nothing happens within 2 hours playing....even Survival Games have less grinding....

Pictures are good...Story needs Centurys to start....i dont recommenend this, there a lot better with Inc-Preg-Tags....
  12. 2.00 star(s)

E_nigma

Grind doesnt seem like strong enough a word to describe what this is. The renders are great, the characters are all varied and unique. But thats really where my praise has to stop, there are hints of an interesting narrative( I think) but the entire game is doing the same things hundreds of times over and over for weeks in game to get access to specific triggers that you again have to do dozens of times so that you can unlock the next set of specific triggers to again....repeat ad naseum.

There is slight build up to the scenes but the span between the milestones is so great its like building a house out of toothpicks and going and chopping the wood yourself chopping down an entire tree for one tooth pick. All the while having almost zero clue what to do next even with massive amounts of cheating and playing with skip all enabled it will take hours to reach the next trigger.

This grindfest is hugely disappointing because the characters are so varied and nice but if you'd be better off just ripping the cg and finding the good stuff thats buried under needless amounts of grind. There isn't some unfolding narrative or romantic build up, the author just decided what would be best is to attempt to be the most bloated title on the site.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Brutos#174

This game is in the truest sense a challenge, the connections with the Charachters are all temporally linked and a little annoying if you play the game for the first but the patience is worth it!

- Gorgeous Female Charachters

- The renders are great

- Yes Graphically, there are no objections for me, looks very good

Honestly, this game earns a better rating than at the moment, big compliment to the developer :)

I am looking forward to more.....
  14. 1.00 star(s)

DD0

Yet another awful, terribad grind fest. I cheated and still didn't actually get anywhere. Ridiculous.

I understand devs are hesitant to make it too easy. Getting right to the action often means LESS support, so things have to doled out very carefully. You know what some of the most popular and successful games I've seen have done? They THREW YOU A BONE.

Maybe you get one easily obtainable partner or one shot character and have to work for the rest. Maybe you start in a relationship and are playing through that story while seeking to cheat or add to a "harem." Give the punters something!

It's made worse by having to repeat the same crap in the same handful of rooms over and over. And when you get to a payoff and something new happens: it's lame. Sometimes not even a kiss, just new dialogue. Screw that.

And what is my money for? I can't escape the stupid fucking house, so I don't when I'm supposed to buy something. I guess you have to grind for access to shop as well. JFC, so frustratingly stupid and boring!

My one compliment is a single piece of art. And I'm not talking about the carbon copy men. The design choice for Rhonda is pretty bold in a community that is most often looking for bimbos or waifs. So there's that.

One star, and that's damned generous.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

sensujoy01

this game has quickly become my MOST favorite one..each and every aspects of this game including the sandbox style, the repetitive scenes and level of grind suit my taste.and also the models are mind blowing..the milf is someone i've fallen in love with..she's not like those cougars who drops their panties after 10 to 20 mnts of gameplay..really loving those moments where i have to slowly build up my relation with her(them) and corrupt her(them)...so i'm giving it solid 5 stars...
  16. 2.00 star(s)

tempdeath

Great design in Melinda and had a good premise.... the grinding and the mess of a story line.... stopped playing. Melinda is best design but just cannot repeat and repeat aimlessly.

He should scrap this mad grind and stream line the game where choices take you in different directions. was enjoyable at first but then after dozens of updates was buggy too, scenes playing when I did not play the scene for it to make sense.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Markbestmark

Super hot milf! Love the wa you made her. She is hot and strick! The plot itself is interesting part of the game. as I guess all of us waiting to know what is going on in that criminal business and when the hot actions will actually start with his aunt.
  18. 1.00 star(s)

V01

Good images, awful game.

This game requires an insane amount of luck or trial and error. Progressing requires you to choose specific options during dialogues at certain times of the day in a distinct order. There is very little in the game telling you what you have to do next, so I gave up after getting almost nowhere in an hour and a half. There is a fan made walkthrough to get you through the game, but the game has some clear issues when it requires a walkthrough at every step..
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 446419

v9.9
    Wow! This took longer than my first Darksouls 1 playthrough. My previous rating for this was 3/5 because at v0.5 there was almost 2 days worth of grinding, and after all that, there were no actual H-scenes with Melinda. It was the worst blue balling in my history on this site.
    So after ignoring one and half year's worth of updates, I wanted to give this game a chance again because I loved the Melindas model. I am here after almost 4 days of continuous playing and although it was not easy, in the end, I am satisfied.
    Story:
    The story is alright. English is good. Until v7, the story is pretty simple. MC's parents died recently and you've come to live with your uncle. MC tries to fuck everything he sees. After v7 there is some suspense introduced, and it is implied that Melinda might be manipulating MC and there was some foul play involved in the death of MC's parents. This twist goes nowhere as of now. Since there was no further development except random accusations and implications without any concrete evidence. In the end, MC finally gets to fuck his aunt in all of her holes. And we are happy. Also, MC's sister Cynthia comes to visit him, but in v9 MC thinks "at least we are not related" while masturbating her with his hand. I don't know what that was about. In the final scene of v9.9 MC also has intercourse with Cynthia. This scene completes the game in my opinion because we have seen all possible H-scenes of all the girls available. The next versions will most likely contain pregnancy development since Melinda wants a boy and her husband won't get her pregnant. I hope there are some good breastfeeding scenes since Melinda alludes to it when MC tries breastfeeding by saying "There is no milk here yet". Also, Melinda's urination scene went nowhere, hopefully, there is more of that. Public sex with Melinda is also mentioned in the writing.
    Models:
    This game has top quality models as most players would agree. Melinda is an absolute bombshell. The rest of the models are also outstanding. I would say that in the case of models, this game has to be in the top 5% on this site. I have seen games with better models but there are not a lot of them.
    Gameplay:
    As everybody knows, this game is a grinding hell. But I say this to the new players, the toughest grind is in during weeks 1-7. After week 7 grind slightly decreases up till week 13. If you can go through the toughest 13 weeks in-game time, then the grind almost halves or even less. By that, I mean that if there is new content when you are replaying a scene then it's not considered grind. Trust me this game will last you multiple days and has a humongous amount of content. There is a lot of replayability in scenes even when grinding for points because there are slight changes in dialogue and scenes every time, which brings in an aura of slow seduction.
    If you love slow seduction games, then trust me you have to brave through those first 13 weeks. This game is gold in that matter. It builds up the situation slowly and then rewards accordingly.

Conclusion:
    If you got 3-4 days free, then give this game a go. But if you want a quick fap then this is definitely not for you. I am happy that I played this and it was actually fun.

Peace!
  20. 4.00 star(s)

halleballe

I love the images and the characters in this game.
    They are characters, not just models. I love the variety of young and old, fat and voluptuous (lacking a thin one?). And somehow all of them kind of turn me on.. and that is probably why I rate this game good instead of average.
    The grind is... keeping me up way to late at night. :mad:
!-- Place this before closing the element (if you have multiple ads, place it only once). -->