VN Ren'Py Football Star [Ch. 1.5] [Space Gaming]

2.00 star(s) 10 Votes

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Y'all need to learn the history of the terms. Americans call it soccer because that's how it was introduced to us. Association Football, shortened to soccer to distinguish it from Rugby Football. Brits used to call it soccer too, but then they started calling it just football to go along with all the other countries that called it that because it was the one that took off the most in their nations and so they only called it their languages word for football. We didn't change, because by the time England decided to do it, we already had America Football that we called football. It's kind of bs to teach someone the name of a thing, change the name, and then make fun of those people for still calling it the thing you told them to call it. But whatever, everyone knows what soccer is... no one is going to get confused and say, "What sport is this game about?" And it isn't only American's that call it soccer. Canada, South Africa, Australia, and Japan (both sakkā and futtobōru are used) use soccer too depending on where you are in the country. Hell, the Italians just call it kick (calcio).

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
Phew, ok. To be clear: I played until the second decision, so not very far.

1. Needs some proofreader. It's not outright engrish, but a big part is a sore to read. Also some typos.
2. Slow down with the "prologue" story already. It feels like an exited 5year old is telling his homecoming dad about his day. Mother cancer, mother healed, father accident, father dead, oh yeah bought mother and sister chocolate, move to L.A., train to become better at soccer/football, get into university team - in like 2 minutes.
3. Conversations need some improvement. They don't feel natural, but more like checklists.
4. Renders are a bit grainy and the two girls I saw (Emma and sister Mia) are okeyish. Nothing to drool about.

Until the second decision, where I stoped playing, it didn't really pull me in. It's not outright bad, but I saw nothing that would make this VN special until now.

Good luck anyway, dev. :)

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022
i will wait to compressed version to play .but something tell me that is the wrong move .......someone who use engrish in his game and use the word soccer .....mmmmm :alien: :alien: :alien::alien::alien:

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Eh... it's got a decent amount of content at least for a first release. Renders are alright, kind of bland, but they do the job (except for the car scenes where he is talking to invisible people). Writing is... eh lol. Spoiler the rest so I don't... well... spoil anything.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Honestly for me, this was just a mess of stuff. No choices where it should matter, and the choices you do get, don't even matter at all. Grammar and translation needs work, but it's decent enough. But overall, just couldn't get into this. MC is too much of a simp floor mat. Feels like NTR is going to happen, or everyone is just going to be okay with everybody banging everybody. This feels more like the dev's wet dream/fantasy instead of them trying to write a story.

But yeah, don't think this is for me. Spoilered all the story stuff (sorry for the long read). Either way, best of luck with your project and thanks.

2.00 star(s) 10 Votes