stOrM!

Sep 23, 2019
A question because this is the second time I have encountered this problem.

Normally I always convert the PC version on my MAC simply out of habit and because it is often newer.

With this game, no mouse clicks are registered after the conversion. Does anyone know the reason for this?

sg27digital

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2023
A question because this is the second time I have encountered this problem.

Normally I always convert the PC version on my MAC simply out of habit and because it is often newer.

With this game, no mouse clicks are registered after the conversion. Does anyone know the reason for this?
I never did this myself, so couldn't help you there, but know that the mac version is compiled at the same time as the pc version - so the mac version is just as new as the pc (for my game at least)

stOrM!

Sep 23, 2019
I never did this myself, so couldn't help you there, but know that the mac version is compiled at the same time as the pc version - so the mac version is just as new as the pc (for my game at least)
Well that's a really strange behavior but thanks for the information regarding that you update both versions at the same time.

Btw. Your MAC version crashes on my machine.

Last edited:

stOrM!

Sep 23, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name ('renpy/common/000atl.rpy', 1649732250, 55) is defined twice, at renpy/common/000atl.rpy:25 and renpy/common/000atl.rpy:25.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "/private/var/folders/gj/7kxx4v6x7_z36pwlsflqk6t00000gn/T/AppTranslocation/8F7AF9C6-C58A-4EC3-ACAE-38B042ACF27F/d/ForbiddenMemories.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "/private/var/folders/gj/7kxx4v6x7_z36pwlsflqk6t00000gn/T/AppTranslocation/8F7AF9C6-C58A-4EC3-ACAE-38B042ACF27F/d/ForbiddenMemories.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 490, in main
    renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
  File "/private/var/folders/gj/7kxx4v6x7_z36pwlsflqk6t00000gn/T/AppTranslocation/8F7AF9C6-C58A-4EC3-ACAE-38B042ACF27F/d/ForbiddenMemories.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 297, in load_script
    self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
  File "/private/var/folders/gj/7kxx4v6x7_z36pwlsflqk6t00000gn/T/AppTranslocation/8F7AF9C6-C58A-4EC3-ACAE-38B042ACF27F/d/ForbiddenMemories.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 809, in load_appropriate_file
    self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
  File "/private/var/folders/gj/7kxx4v6x7_z36pwlsflqk6t00000gn/T/AppTranslocation/8F7AF9C6-C58A-4EC3-ACAE-38B042ACF27F/d/ForbiddenMemories.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 487, in finish_load
    check_name(node)
  File "/private/var/folders/gj/7kxx4v6x7_z36pwlsflqk6t00000gn/T/AppTranslocation/8F7AF9C6-C58A-4EC3-ACAE-38B042ACF27F/d/ForbiddenMemories.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 463, in check_name
    raise ScriptError("Name %s is defined twice, at %s:%d and %s:%d." %
ScriptError: Name ('renpy/common/000atl.rpy', 1649732250, 55) is defined twice, at renpy/common/000atl.rpy:25 and renpy/common/000atl.rpy:25.

macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809

Tue Aug 13 17:57:41 2024

sg27digital

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2023
Having an error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/chapters/chapter2/s02e08.rpy", line 167, in <module>
NameError: name 'dissolve2' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/chapters/chapter2/s02e08.rpyc", line 167, in script
File "D:\stuff\downloads\ForbiddenMemories-2.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1651, in execute
trans = renpy.python.py_eval(self.expr)
File "D:\stuff\downloads\ForbiddenMemories-2.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\stuff\downloads\ForbiddenMemories-2.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/chapters/chapter2/s02e08.rpy", line 167, in <module>
NameError: name 'dissolve2' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Forbidden Memories 2.1
Tue Aug 13 03:44:52 2024
Your bug is fixed in the latest build - I updated the OP v2.1.1

sg27digital

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2023
Well that's a really strange behavior but thanks for the information regarding that you update both versions at the same time.

Btw. Your MAC version crashes on my machine.
I don't have an x86 mac to test on. I do have an m1 mac and there it works perfectly.
Does your conversion tool require you to specify a version of renpy? I do know newer versions of Renpy also gave me some mouse click issues, which is the reason why I opted to stick with version 8.0.3.
If your conversion tool updates the renpy version, I would say that that is the reason.
Sorry I can't be of more help, that traceback shows some error with the internal renpy working, something I have no control over.

westback83

Feb 8, 2022
I for one deleted it not because it's a bad one, simply because I missed a lot when I got into the 2nd chapter and then came the test and I'm done with it, a little more hints or WT would be nice anyway thanks

sg27digital

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2023
I for one deleted it not because it's a bad one, simply because I missed a lot when I got into the 2nd chapter and then came the test and I'm done with it, a little more hints or WT would be nice anyway thanks
A walkthrough is available for both chapters.
You can skip all minigames in the latest builds. If you start fresh you'll be asked for your preferred setting, if you already had a save file you can press esc and change it in the options. :)

stOrM!

Sep 23, 2019
I don't have an x86 mac to test on. I do have an m1 mac and there it works perfectly.
Does your conversion tool require you to specify a version of renpy? I do know newer versions of Renpy also gave me some mouse click issues, which is the reason why I opted to stick with version 8.0.3.
If your conversion tool updates the renpy version, I would say that that is the reason.
Sorry I can't be of more help, that traceback shows some error with the internal renpy working, something I have no control over.

Well that might be the root of the problem I have an Intel Mac. The traceroute I've shown comes from the downloaded Mac version here not from one I compiled myself (my compiled version would run without errors if it would fire mouse events.) so maybe it has to do with M1 integrated different libs or whatever.

My conversion tool was the Renpy API 8.2.3 maybe they might have changed something in the API which causes the mouse click issues.

No problem I guess we could nail it down to newer Renpy API versions which seems to implement something different when it comes to mouse events.

sg27digital

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2023
Well that might be the root of the problem I have an Intel Mac. The traceroute I've shown comes from the downloaded Mac version here not from one I compiled myself (my compiled version would run without errors if it would fire mouse events.) so maybe it has to do with M1 integrated different libs or whatever.

My conversion tool was the Renpy API 8.2.3 maybe they might have changed something in the API which causes the mouse click issues.

No problem I guess we could nail it down to newer Renpy API versions which seems to implement something different when it comes to mouse events.
Any way you can use version 8.0.3 ?

SamualHand

Engaged Member
May 4, 2018
Wow MC is literally a loser, he's surrounded by beautiful women and still a virgin at 25.
I think you should appreciate some more virgins in the games!
The real issues are, that all these nice virgins, loose their virginity! They need to stay virgin, so the game can earn the virgin tag!

The_Undying

Jul 20, 2021
I don't know if it's a bug or the smallest item in all of existence I'm missing but after "installing" the camera during the middle of the day at the office, I can't revisit my work computer because it says I still have something to do or whatever, though I cannot interact with anything. There's nothing in the office I'm missing. I can't visit anywhere else other than the City or my home where I can't seem to do anything of consequence. Anyone else stuck there?

sg27digital

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2023
I don't know if it's a bug or the smallest item in all of existence I'm missing but after "installing" the camera during the middle of the day at the office, I can't revisit my work computer because it says I still have something to do or whatever, though I cannot interact with anything. There's nothing in the office I'm missing. I can't visit anywhere else other than the City or my home where I can't seem to do anything of consequence. Anyone else stuck there?
What does your reminders app say?

The_Undying

Jul 20, 2021
What does your reminders app say?
Nothing currently because I scrubbed it of a few items that I was going to get to but none of those items were anything I could do in that setting at the office without being able to advance the day and leave work.

Edit: I guess that's another issue too because I noticed you can remove whatever reminders the game provides you even if that hasn't been satisfied. To my knowledge you can't, or at least I wasn't able to, get that reminder back added to it.

sg27digital

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2023
Nothing currently because I scrubbed it of a few items that I was going to get to but none of those items were anything I could do in that setting at the office without being able to advance the day and leave work.

Edit: I guess that's another issue too because I noticed you can remove whatever reminders the game provides you even if that hasn't been satisfied. To my knowledge you can't, or at least I wasn't able to, get that reminder back added to it.
The game automatically removes reminders that you have fulfilled. Maybe I can add a button to show 'completed' reminders - including the ones you manually removed.

My best guess is that Ann informed you Barbara would like to see you, so you have to go to her office first. If it's not that, open the map and tell me which day you're on, so I have a better idea.

3.20 star(s) 12 Votes