Ren'Py Abandoned Forbidden Wish [v0.3] [XR6]

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes

otronegro

Jan 24, 2020
Sorry dev I was about to give it a try but then I read the thread, you need to rethink how you do business IMO but hey, you do you.

Reactions: Anonymux

Weasel_Face

Sep 16, 2020
Glad to see that the MC has aged about 10 years, can't figure out why he isn't watching Isabelle's live streams on his phone instead of peeking at her door and running away??? Like, dude you have the app on your phone and she is the cover girl, shouldn't be too hard her stream...

I also would like to see more back story or explanation on why he is staying at Claire's/Olivia's, just who are they to MC's parents?

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
Well it looks like XR6 has an unsustainable business model. They want everyone to pay huge bucks to their Patreon where the real game is and then release a watered down version here in hopes of luring people to pay the big bucks. This game will die very soon.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Well it looks like XR6 has an unsustainable business model. They want everyone to pay huge bucks to their Patreon where the real game is and then release a watered down version here in hopes of luring people to pay the big bucks. This game will die very soon.
It definitely will. And going by the whole two patreons no one is getting the "full" game unless they are 50$ supporters, but that seems very unlikely. Even if they somehow are, two people aren't going to be very financially beneficial, which seems to be this dev's primary concern. That aside, even if the post was incorrectly tagged for 50$ to unlock and it's just a misunderstanding, only posting demos here is a pretty sleazy thing to do.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Oh dear, it seems this developer hasn't learned anything from the first comments. I and many others already noted back then that you don't "hide" a new project behind such high patreon tiers. And offering a crippled version as "free" will definitely not help, quite the opposite. Well, have now lost interest in this project and wont even try the new version anymore. And since it seems that this dev only cares about money it'll probably get the "abandoned" tag soon anyway...

XR6

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Stop whining! You don’t buy the game, you support the game development and privilege to be able to having early access. For example, you have to pay extra for a VIP lodge in a club, right? Because you want special treatment. The same story applies here. You want early access plus more content and a lot of animations. This is bad marketing for me? No, but you want just the free stuff.
For all of you learn to respect more the game developers. Because of this aspect, this community will lose some decent developers. Of course, not all of them are the best, but they can still grow.

Learn to give constructive advice that motivates the developer to make better content. I am not saying the criticism is bad, look at me, I am an example. I improved much of my work because of constructive criticism and I am grateful for that.
If you have something that can help me improve the game experience, please go on. But if you are only having a bad day, take your frustrations somewhere else.

Thank you all for your understanding.

P.S. For those who don’t understand the term "early release" that we have intentionally highlighted, here is the Wiki . Please check if the status of "early release" is a permanent one. Nobody says that you have to pay the X sum to play the last version, you can stick with the free version, until another option is available.
Until a few years ago I was also a freeloader in this community, and now to be honest I pity them (dev) because now I know how it feels .

Last edited:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Stop whining! You don’t buy the game, you support the game development and privilege to be able to having early access. For example, you have to pay extra for a VIP lodge in a club, right? Because you want special treatment. The same story applies here. You want early access plus more content and a lot of animations. This is bad marketing for me? No, but you want just the free stuff.
For all of you learn to respect more the game developers. Because of this aspect, this community will lose some decent developers. Of course, not all of them are the best, but they can still grow.
Learn to give constructive advice that motivates the developer to make better content. I am not saying the criticism is bad, look at me, I am an example. I improved much of my work because of constructive criticism and I am grateful for that.
If you have something that can help me improve the game experience, please go on. But if you are only having a bad day, take your frustrations somewhere else.
First off, decent developers don't pull stunts like this. And secondly, how is anyone going to give constructive criticism in a situation like this? It's not like you are asking for a paid poll on your Patreon, your saying "Here is a trial version of my unfinished game, come to my main page and give me your wallet for the "privilege" to play the full content." You only have two supporters, that alone should tell you you're doing something wrong. Learn to read the room...

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
Ok so you want $50 for a prologue and demo with full content. First of all that's a 100% completed price for High End professional gaming companies with huge teams. Secondly again as has already been pointed out nobody is going to pay that much a month to a part time dev with not even 1 finished title. Thirdly yes there are some people who are unable to support dev's due to the country they live in and financial restrictions or because they have limited income. So yes they appreciate free stuff. If you didn't want free players to play your game because as you said due to feed back from these free loaders you improved your game does that make you liable to financially compensate them? I mean dev's like you want free feedback, free reviews, free advice, free free free but then you want to produce a story with missing content because all the people who supported you in other ways aren't giving you a full time paycheck so you can quit your job and become and indie developer? Are you sure we're the ones whining? It's a little backwards thinking on your part my friend and I already offered advice in a different post of how you could generate more income and development support. But demanding $50 minimum for incomplete work is counterproductive. So, in all honesty as you said I see you quitting sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
Actually wanted to do a little review of the game (would have been 3 stars with ok graphics but mediocre story/storytelling).
But after reading the posts here and the response of the dev I'm immediately out of here. Holy shit, doing prices that high for this is completely nonsens. Even A+ developers with top games aren't doing that stunt. Well, good luck (you will need it).

MasterDk78

Dec 16, 2017
No offence, but Olivia is not hot and act like a Cheap h***
Isabella act like a Spoiled little idiot with no empathy towards anyone or anything considering what the mc is going through, she is not pretty, And she thinks she is oh so hot
Claire seems decent, Can see some fine story come out of that. At least her head knows how to make her brain cells work.

And yes its perfectly normal for a Girl and grab someone by his balls, And think she can win something

Jazzzzz

Sep 20, 2021
yo what the fuck for real !!
ass view scene is animated and Handjob one is like one storke the guys cums on her , i mean i understand its the first release, but many games out there first release are pretty good

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
forgive my ignorance but what does a patreon only version game mean?
That means, the dev forces us to support him if we want to play the whole game or play a half assed cut version if we won't support him. The version he released here is the said cut version. Oh, and he asks for 50$ for the full version on patreon. ATM he just runs the same ignorant direction, that many took beforehand and is bound to fail, like all those others. Probably saw the amount of $ other devs makes.
yo what the fuck for real !!
ass view scene is animated and Handjob one is like one storke the guys cums on her , i mean i understand its the first release, but many games out there first release are pretty good
It's actually the third release not the first. Is just his first project, and he is already failing.

Jazzzzz

Sep 20, 2021
That means, the dev forces us to support him if we want to play the whole game or play a half assed cut version if we won't support him. The version he released here is the said cut version. Oh, and he asks for 50$ for the full version on patreon. ATM he just runs the same ignorant direction, that many took beforehand and is bound to fail, like all those others. Probably saw the amount of $ other devs makes.

It's actually the third release not the first. Is just his first project, and he is already failing.
well sad, had potential, but greed has thrown off a lot of people

superfire516

Feb 6, 2020
didnt get to read comments last night. thanks for the warnings about the pos dev. i almost gave this the time of day. +1 revoked.

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
It definitely will. And going by the whole two patreons no one is getting the "full" game unless they are 50$ supporters, but that seems very unlikely. Even if they somehow are, two people aren't going to be very financially beneficial, which seems to be this dev's primary concern. That aside, even if the post was incorrectly tagged for 50$ to unlock and it's just a misunderstanding, only posting demos here is a pretty sleazy thing to do.
If you're gonna pay that much for a lackluster game every month you might as well save up for a hooker.

....I don't condone saving up money for hookers

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes